Visitor Reviews - Turnover Hall Farm Certificated Location

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Turnover Hall Farm Certificated Location
Tel: 01995 679275
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Pitches: 5 CAMC Members Only

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Families Welcome   Club Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 Toilet Facilities   Hot Showers   No Washing Up Area   No Bathroom
 No Shop   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

This is a Caravan and Motorhome Club Certificated Location, which accepts just five caravans or motorhomes and is for Club Members only.

Reviews:

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Caz100uk 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from 2 nights here, the site is huge and well maintained, with loads of space provided between vans. On arrival, was told that reception didn't open til 5pm (was 4. 30pm) but a different bloke shouted me as I walked back to my car and helped out, but it was all rather vague - they didn't seem to be expecting us or know who we were plus we were given no site info, just kind of waved us at the general direction of the pitches. They also accept cash only, no cards. Our grassed pitch itself was ideal with water and electric provided. In my opinion, the grassed pitches were in a nicer location than the hard standings (which were located near the main building next to the entrance). We are relatively new to touring and the nice man there reverse parked our van for us with his tractor - very efficient! There is only 1 toilet/shower block (located inside the main building) which is a 5-10 min walk depending on where you are pitched), but it is well kept and cleaned regularly, if a little sparse. However, there are only 3 separate showers, 3 loos & 3 shared sinks in the Ladies', and 2 of each in the Gents, which I think is insufficient for such a large site (also, there is a Caravan Club CL site at the entrance for 5 tourers). A Disabled/Family Room is also available with shower, sink and loo in one room, unfortunately its shower directly faces the door so even though the door glass is opaque, it is still pretty see-through - it definitely could do with a shower curtain or blind. We've stayed to 4-5 sites now so were surprised to find we had to pay 1 each for a shower (of indeterminable length I add - it's on a countdown with no indication of how long you have left! So it abruptly switched off and left me with an unrinsed head of conditioner and I didn't have any further 1s with me as the owners didn't actually tell us on arrival about having to pay). It seems a bit mean to me to charge for showers, but that said, the nightly rate IS very reasonable at 16pn. It's also worth noting that the water temperature isn't adjustable and the shower auto-start when you insert your 1. All the industrial sized bins (about 5) outside the main building were overflowing with rubbish so was a little smelly in that area, and the chemical loo disposal facility was not the best, pretty much just a bricked hole in the ground. Kids tend to congregate around the main building as (free) wifi is only available near there. They were running in and out of the loo/shower block playing 'hide and seek', but this is more a parental issue than the site's fault. Having a strong wifi signal throughout the site would probably fix this. 3G on the Three network is also weak. Try not to get lost getting to the site as there are quite narrow one-track roads around and we were lucky we didn't have to reverse with the caravan in tow (yes we took a wrong turn and ended up on wrong side of river!).

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lennonf 2 reviews from this member

My partner and I have just had our first weekend at Turnover Hall Farm and what an absolute pleasure it was. It's a large site and was reasonably busy but was so quiet and relaxing. Plenty of room between each van. Toilet and shower block very clean and tidy and the owners and staff all very friendly. Can't wait to return in a few weeks.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jessica rabbit 8 reviews from this member

We have just returned for 3 nights at turnover farm. We have stayed there on about 5 occasions now.

It's a great site and a decent price at 14 midweek and 16 a night for weekend.

It's a big site which can take a lot of caravans but we were pit on hard pitch this time due to grass being muddy with the rain. We prefer hard standing anyway

The shower blocks and toilets were always clean and the showers were hot and powerful. We used the family/ disabled shower room. My 2 children and myself all managed to get showered for 1. This room could do with a shower curtain at the window on the door. Although it's frosted glass you can see through it and feel quite exposed as the shower is opposite the door.

There is fishing on site at 5 per day. My husband and kids went fishing and it is full of fish and you catch very easily.

There isn't anything on site for kids but ours had their bikes and we're happy riding around and making friends.

We had a little hedgehog that visited every night. We fed it and loved awaiting it's arrival.

It's a very rural area so on a clear night the stars are great.

There is storage for caravans on this site which I believe is around the 200 mark. Unfortunately, we have just paid our storage fees for where we normally keep ours but when this ends in October we will be moving it here.

There is kind of bar/function room. We didn't use this but I think you can take your own drinks and I saw a bar in there so I think they serve alcohol. When I went to the ladies I noticed it was very full and they were playing bingo. I think it's mainly the regulars that go in there. We will maybe give it a go next time

The owners were always very helpful and around bringing caravans out of storage and putting them back.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ramps21 3 reviews from this member

What a fantastic site, very clean with a beautiful shower block and very very friendly staff so highly recommended ! Only ten mins off the M6 and very close to the A6 with charming villages within a five minute drive and lovely restaurants also very close. 14 midweek and 16 weekend superb value for money! Once again highly recommend a visit to this site

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Slaphead1951 9 reviews from this member

Spent a couple of wet days here in the van, cos we were interested in checking the site out with a view to using the storage facilities.

Toilets and showers(1)were good with no problems, and there was plenty of room for children to play where they put us. Can't comment on what it's like at peak periods. I could imagine that some of the pitches are quite a walk from the toilets, but it's good exercise.

Decent pub within walking distance and short drive to shops chippy etc. Only 11 miles to Blackpool

Plus point for me is that there is fishing on site (5 per day or 40 per year).

We decided to store our van there (230 per year).

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Taylorsanddogs 1 review from this member

Still no pot wash since reviewed by GT60 in 2010 and vans are well packed on at weekends, shower block was very nice and clean last year, this year both dryers broken, shades missing off lights and not as clean and prices have gone up. Still not a bad site and in a lovely place. There is a nice walk around the land and a lot of tree planting is in place, which when grown will lessen the feeling of too many vans. Not much in local village only the one small pub but many lovely places nearby to visit if you want to drive.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Townley1983 1 review from this member

We have been on this site since April 2013 we store our van there and we love it so much I do not think we missed a weekend. We planned to go up to the lake district a lot thus the reason we picked this site as it is close to some lovely places. However we love it so much on this site we never moved off, apart from going for a lovely meal at the local pub. my husband and son spend there evenings in the local while I relax and our granddaughter plays out often till about 11pm, she's got some lovely friends up there and they do good old-fashioned outdoor play.

Showers brill always hot and enough time to shower myself and my Granddaughter for the 1 charge always clean and well looked after. Of course peak season you get a few noisy families but its good to see them barbecuing an having a great time the warden does a round about 10pm and if he feels it necessary he will have a word with anyone he will. Also on call 24/7 so if there is a problem it is promptly dealt with Adam is a gentle giant but I would never like to be on the wrong side of him !

We shut the van till March but we cant wait to go back so will be growing up for a weekend in Jan 2014 for our granddaughters birthday. Busy time the electrics can fail but we don't really mind as we have gas heating and 12volt lighting and the board games come out there are children everywhere with torches having a fab time. Putting our van on this site is the best thing we ever did.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Leonard.8 5 reviews from this member

We have stayed at Turnover farm many times over the years and used to store our van there. Let me start with the good points the site is in a great area surrounded by beautiful countryside. The new shower block is very good if you need it, a shower costs 1. Our kids love it there despite there not being any facilities other than the countryside to keep them occupied. However the site has changed in last couple of years, it used to be a great site but standards have started to slip.

On bank holiday weekends there are so many vans packed on the site all sharing 16amp power outlets that that the power seems to be off more than it is on in the evenings, there are not enough elsan points for all quantity of vans on there at bank holidays so the some of the septic tanks will be full to overflowing. For this reason we know a few of the old regulars that no longer go there at bank holidays. You also seem to get a lot more big groups on the site than you used to as well, drinking and playing loud music.

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: GT60 8 reviews from this member

Lovely little CL next the private commercial site but we were hidden by trees on all sides, luckily the cl had some bins and a water point and waste point within 100mtrs walk cant say the same for the main site though when we had a walk round the main site and it seemed only the fresh water points were close to pitches the bins and waste water were next to the entrance to the site a very good walk if you were at the top of the site.

Very very good value for money only 12 per night at weekend this included The new showers, electric and six of us two adults and four children and the dog.

The CL certainly benefited from the main site as the showers were on the main site and all brand new and the owner was building a wash room for the pots and pans.And a playground was on the cards for building on the Main site.

There was also a washer dryer on the main site.

A nice quite CL that I would use again.

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lancashire

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire