Visitor Reviews - Arklow House Farm Certificated Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Mablethorpe > Arklow House Farm Certificated Site Reviews

Arklow House Farm Certificated Site
LN12 1NX
Tel: 01507 473761  or  07976 706075
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Families Welcome   Club Members Only   Rallies Welcome   Not Naturist Site
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf On Site   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 Lakeside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents. This is a club member only site - you can usually join on site

Reviews:  24 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: KBLLB 2 reviews from this member

I made a late booking with the site and stayed not on the serviced pitches but on the field adjacent to the fishing lake. Before booking I had read the reviews, one of which I completely disagree with. I can assure anyone thinking of booking a stay at this site that there is hardly any road noise, no light pollution from the gas terminal which is quite some distance away and is in the process of winding down. The terminal is completely undetectable from the site and I had a quiet stay undisturbed by any noise from adjacent concerns.

The site owner could not have been more friendly and helpful; mains hook up cables were provided and whilst I could not be accommodated on a fully serviced pitch during my stay I had no cause for complaint.

I agree with the previous comments that in busy times bathroom facilities could be under pressure but this was not my experience. Everything was spotlessly clean.

The views on site were picturesque and peaceful, site fees very reasonable.

There is a pavement along a good stretch of the road to the King's Head pub where I received an extremely warm welcome but do take a torch for the 10 minute walk.

I have no hesitation in recommending this site.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Georg Johannes 28 reviews from this member

No problems. Met on arrival by pleasant owner, who had also been helpful re directions, and shown to pitch. Site itself has some lovely fields, mainly set out as a golf course, but dogs are allowed, and, on some fields, can run free.

The site has a fishing lake making this an ideal site for fisher-folk. October when I visited and the site was quiet with nearly all other campers taking advantage of the fishing.

The pitches themselves, unfortunately, are set apart from the scenic views but are well set out with hard-standing and are all fully-serviced.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Chezzybabes 1 review from this member

Just spent 8 nights at Arklow House Farm very enjoyable just the place to go and chill out made to feel welcome also dog friendly.

Mark and Sam were very helpful and also loved our boxer dog Harley. Nice pub just a 10 min walk away made to feel welcome also dog friendly. Would go back again

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Katherine83 1 review from this member

We came here with our 3 children a couple of weeks ago. What a hidden gem! Beautiful site, well maintained, and great value for money. Gary the owner was pleasant & accommodating, while Mark the warden was the most helpful, fantastic bloke ever! He was so helpful & really made our stay an enjoyable one! It seems as though most of the other patrons where regulars who for the most part where really friendly. Only spoilt slightly by one person who complained about the children playing at 7:30pm, felt a little on the clicky side, but that was not the sites fault. Fishing lake is well maintained, & was a fish a chuck. Mostly small stuff but have it on good authority that there are some monsters in there! 3 friendly geese who don't really bother you, a few too many Lilly pads for our liking, although I was informed that the warden is forever cutting them out only for them to grow back again! We will definitely be going again, 8 min drive to the beach, was told you could walk but the the road is 50mph & quite busy so I would rather not risk it. £10 deposit for the shower/toilet block which was impossibly clean! 1 shower & toilet for each sex, may seem a small amount but we never had to queue for either. Shower was always hot & powerful. Dogs were welcome and you can let them run free on the 3rd field. 10/10. Can't wait to come back!

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sidplush 8 reviews from this member

Just spent a pleasant 3 nights on the site, possibly the hottest of the year so far. As the site offers hard standings or grass, but glad we decided hard as it offered good shade behind the high hedges till after lunch. On pitching up the owner came across to put screws in the slabs where you cant get pegs in. A very good idea for our awning. Key fob for toilet with a £10 deposit. Clean enough. Seemed well looked after. As we didn't use them a lot. Water tap to each of the 5 hardstandings and drains and all for £15 pn. The biggest 9 hole golf course on site, , never saw anyone on it. And a pond for the fisherman in your life, not mine. Usual barking dogs from other caravans, on site. Its getting quite a problem with dogs on most sites these days, one in the tent just as you went on the dog walk was going crazy. All in all a very good site. Grass kept well trimmed with the constant mowing. By very noisy machines. Its been put in the diary for sites to visit again. The biggest bonus when we were there, was no kids running round as there is nothing for them to do. No kids playground. Hope to be back later in year. Just a small problem as most of the cars are parked away from the other side of your caravan and crossing the road is full of very large stones and are really good ankle breakers when you walk on them. So just be careful.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Petals134 3 reviews from this member

Wow what a lovely place, hidden away with lovely green fields and a pond, my dogs had their own field to run around in, owner Gary very helpful on arrival although didn't see much of him afterwards but Molly his helping hand was a great help. To be fair the walk to the beach took us just over half an hour but it was a lovely walk through fields and what a lovely beach, it felt like my private oasis, miles and miles of golden sands, walked to mablethorpe daily took just under an hour to get there, also close to golden sands and the ferry boat inn, local pub to the site ( cant recall the name ) was a bit pricey for a glass of wine, well maybe I'm tight but a fiver for a small glass was a bit extortionate, menu for food wasn't ready when I arrived so I didn't stay, You need to be careful when walking to pub as there aren't many kerbs and you have to walk on the road for part of it, but what a lovely thatched cottage place. Anyway if you're still awake I would recommend Arklow House Farm. Lovely

Date of Visit: February 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mumoffive 17 reviews from this member

What an excellent find. Looking for a place to retreat to for some rest and relaxation. Perfect!

Despite an issue with double booking the owner could not have been more helpful and apologetic. Indeed the spot he found for us was brilliant.

Icing on the cake for us was the field where we could free run the dogs.

We will definitely return here. Thank you xx

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Podds 10 reviews from this member

Lovely site five serviced pitches, shown to to our pitch, made very welcome.

Showers could to with up grading looking a bit sad, but plenty of hot water but other wise very good.

9 hole golf course and also fishing lake on the site.

Local pub we used three times. Can walk from site but lack of pavements could be a bit dangerous ?

On the whole nice clean site and friendly people.

Mablethorpe - nice beach, kiss me quick hats and bingo.
Sutton on Sea - old fashioned.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Janetandpaul 21 reviews from this member

We have just returned from 3 nights at this site, The owners are Gary and Hannah. I read the reviews before we went.

One review said the wi fi was no good so didn't take my laptop,

Big mistake, The other people who were on site were getting the web cam no problem. So now for my review.

The toilets were clean and the showers were hot,

To say there is one toilet and shower each for male and female, we did not have a problem, no waiting.

We got told if ever there was someone in the shower we could use the other one, ladies or gents, they also have a pot wash,

Because I didn't take my laptop Gary the owner even offered to lend me his I Pad for the night,

I didn't but thanked him for the offer, will take the laptop next time as you can see the foxes and badgers feeding on the web cam, we had a few games of golf my husband did some fishing in the lake, there are geese around the fishing lake but they are fenced in. Lovley site would recommend it we will definitely be going back great value for money,

Not far from Mablethorpe.

We found a lovely cafe recommend the meals, The Regency Cafe, Victoria road LN12 2AF, We had the Sunday lunch very nice and reasonably priced,

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bubbles2 1 review from this member

What a gem of a site. Just finished a 2 week stay. Owner is great and very helpful. Toilets and showers are always very clean. Lots of space and generous pitches. Free WIFI and wildlife cam at night. Close but not too close to Mablethorpe. Exactly what I wanted and I will be returning. Yes there are industrial units but it did not effect my enjoyment at all.

Previous     24 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lincolnshire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more