Reviews of Low Bell End Farm Certificated Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Pickering > Low Bell End Farm Certificated Site Reviews

Low Bell End Farm Certificated Site
Rosedale Abbey
Pickering
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO18 8RE

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Families Welcome   Club Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <10 miles   No Golf   No Tennis
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  No Dog Walk

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents. This is a club member only site - you can usually join on site

Reviews:  20 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: January 2022  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Millygilly 2 reviews from this member

Lovely quiet site with stunning views.

Hard standing just long enough for our 6.5m van.

Friendly welcome along with advice re facilities and Wi-Fi. Absolutely no signal and Wi-Fi only available towards the entrance.

Facilities basic but work well.

20 min walk to the pub at Rosedale where good food and beer are served.

Will definitely return.

Date of Visit: October 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Viennese 8 reviews from this member

The view was lovely, our pitch was fine.

After my partner investigated the loo / shower provision I was not tempted to visit it as the lights didn't seem to work and while the water was hot there was limited place to leave one's clothes etc.

Date of Visit: September 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Susief 2 reviews from this member

Best site we have stayed.

If you want peace & quiet with views to die for then this is the place for you.

No TV or phone signal which didn't bother us.

Tracy is a fab host.

Date of Visit: July 2021 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Wommer 2 reviews from this member

Lovey Site and very friendly with good walks and scenery.

Only downside was the chemical waste gave off a nasty smell (very poor cover over the pit) when used by guests,

Also the rubbish bin was not completely emptied in our 5d stay which created a nice crop of flies, which made our pitch next to that fenced area a bit smelly and requiring van window closed

Often mentioned it to the lady so hopefully she could easily fix for other guests.

Yes I would stay again but well away from that pitch.

Date of Visit: July 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Ratty 279 reviews from this member

I enquired via the form on here and received a swift response telling me they had space, a list of facilities and details on how to pay. They prefer bank transfer, so that was swiftly done and my pitch was confirmed.

I arrived on site, and found my pitch with no problem, they put a marker out with my name on it. The owner did come and greet me and she was a lovely chatty lady, who left me to it, but was always around if I needed assistance.

My pitch was a grass pitch by the hedge overlooking the sheep field and the beautiful hills in the background. I did not have electric, however this was available if required and they also had a few hard standing pitches if that is your thing. My pitch also had a picnic bench on it, which was very useful and was right outside the campervan.

The site has one toilet, one shower and a washing up sink. The sink was only cold water, however it was perfect for my needs. The shower was two showers in one block, however there was not a curtain or division, so would be ok for families. They were electric showers and were plenty warm and powerful enough and it was a wetroom, but easily dealt with by using the supplied chair. A mop was also in there to wipe away any excess water / muck.

The toilet was stocked with loo roll, a sink, towel and cleaning products. All these facilities were kept very clean and to a good standard.

They would charge batteries, phones, etc if you needed it and they would freeze blocks, etc for you too

There was no reception on either Three or GiffGaff, however if you really need to check your email, then you can get wifi if you stand close to the farmhouse, this felt a bit awkward as the window was open and I could hear people outside. Luckily I only used it a couple of times, and it was free, so I am not complaining and ensured I could check in at home.

The views are absolutely amazing and I just spent hours looking, watching the sheep, and generally relaxing. I decided to take a walk from the site and took on a 7 miles walk up to the top of the hill and along the disused railway line to Thorgill and then back through Rosedale Abbey. It was a tough climb, but well worth it, the views looking back were simply stunning.

Rosedale Abbey is a small village with a pub, a tea room, couple of shops and had a very relaxed vibe about it. It is only about 1 mile to the village from the site along the footpath.

I didn't venture further afield as was only here for one night and chose it for its location and walking from site. Walking is in abundance with so much choice.

There was nothing for children expect a nice open space to play, so perfect for children that know how to live without the use of gadgets and internet!

I loved this site and will definitely come back, although I would suggest they put a sign up at the entrance as I drove past the first time, however turning around was not a problem in the campervan, it may have been harder with a caravan on the back.

I paid 9 for the night for me, my campervan and dog, and as an added bonus they allow campfires and have recycling facilities.

Date of Visit: April 2021 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Leccyshep 9 reviews from this member

We used this site for our maiden voyage in our 'new to us' caravan. Tracy kindly ensured we had an easy to manoeuvre pitch.

The views from the site are amazing and the valley is crisscrossed with public footpaths, we walked in a different direction every day.

This is a very peaceful site if you discount the farm noises which are part and parcel of rural sites.

We love this site and have already booked to return in June.

Date of Visit: April 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Emsyor 1 review from this member

Excellent site, great views, Friendly owners, peaceful, great farm noises and animals,

If I had one useful point to the owners it would be to put a sign at entrance off main road otherwise no faults.

We have no child so cannot give a rating, We have had to give a mid value just to give a rating, when we have no idea.

Date of Visit: August 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Richar 1 review from this member

Low Bell End Farm is situated on the hillside just outside Rosedale Abbey with endless views across the countryside. The place is perfect and only a short walk into the village with a choice of walking along the river or the roadside.

Tracy and her family are extremely friendly and offer helpful advice if you are unfamiliar with the area. It is a working farm with early starts and a few cockerels at 5am.

The field is open and large with plenty of space between pitches and there is electric hook up so you can have some home comforts! The only downside is that there is only one toilet and two showers, these have no curtains so really only one person can use at a time.

Despite that they were clean although I would suggest you take spare toilet rolls. The weather was perfect for the duration of our stay but if there is a lot of rain the field would get very soggy so just be aware.

If you like clean but rustic I would recommend this site and it is perfect for either walking or cycling

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: JDsb 1 review from this member

Beautiful site, stunning views and a gorgeous breakfast brought to the campervan (at a very good price for the quality of food and service).

Food available on site to order for own cooking including pizzas and BBQ pack. Also breakfast brought to your outfit on the campsite.

Good facilities. Toilet and 2 showers - clean and available when we needed them. There are no curtains on the cubicles as highlighted by another reviewer but there is a lock on the door so no need to share!

Short and pretty walk into the village of Rosedale Abbey, good pub with good food and choice of cafes.

Good walking from the site.

Hook up was good and offered a split for campervan and tent.

Good booking experience, swift response and clear instructions.

Characterful, practical, and a gem.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: John B. 11 reviews from this member

Not the easiest site to get to but well worth the effort. Grass neatly cut, very slight slope, the view is to die for, we literally spent hours just sat looking at it!

Would have scored it 10 out of 10 but, oh dear, that chemical disposal point is not nice, campers with weak stomachs beware!

We will certainly be back.

Previous     20 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Low Bell End Farm Certificated Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Low Bell End Farm Certificated Site?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Low Bell End Farm Certificated Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Pickering      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally 02/07 to 03/07
An amazing fun weekend for all the family, with camping and caravanning on site from Friday to Monday - Save 15 on tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022