Visitor Reviews - Walton Hall Farm

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > Essex > Stanford Le Hope > Walton Hall Farm Reviews

Walton Hall Farm
Waltons Hall Road
Linford
Stanford Le Hope
Essex   (Browse area)
SS17 0RH

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <5 miles   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  17 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Liamburrows@ymail.c 3 reviews from this member

We had tried to get on this site a couple of times before but it had been full but this time there was only a couple of tents in the tent field although the caravan pitches were almost full. Nice warden showed us to where we could camp and basically said take your pick. Nice and peaceful and views up a hill across fields. Great for kids as a big outside play area and if the weather is bad indoor soft play as well although this is chargeable.

The indoor play does a basic food menu but we chose to walk to the pub in the village which was a 10-15 min walk only to be told they wasn't serving food on a Saturday although not the fault of the site.

One of the cleanest showers we have ever used and just great for a weekend away for only 12 a night without hook up.

You can order take out from a local pizza place I believe as the pitch next to us had a delivery of about 6 pizzas lol.

Overall lovely little site for the money.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Tanji 6 reviews from this member

Was struggling to find a site for just one night on either side of the bank holiday weekend and then chanced upon this one, very glad we did, it's lovely. Immaculate toilet and shower block and Mick the Site Manager was cracking. Pub and grocery/off licence down the road (about 10-15 min slow stroll) and good Chinese takeaway which also delivers if needs be. Kids play centre on site open during the day with a massive playground, but the site is tucked away if you are after a bit of peace and quiet (it is on the Stansted flight path but it didn't bother us at all).

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Marley37 4 reviews from this member

I must agree with the previous comment this site still has a little way to go, the pathway to the gents, which are superb and very well maintained is a minefield with holes and loose stones especially on crutches (I cannot comment on the disabled as they were locked)

When we arrived the welcome was fantastic and the staff very accommodating however the pitch for a first time visit was disappointing high fence on two sides so no view of the lovely wheat fields the toilet block in front with the rubbish bins.

It did seem as though we were in the residents area and the other field was for holidaymakers.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Charlieboy2608 8 reviews from this member

Hmmm,

A good campsite in the making but some way to go yet!-A work in progress with lots of workers present on site.

Relatively quiet location near to the A13 dual carriageway and close to both lakeside and bluewater shopping centres.

New shower block with 2 male shower/wetrooms and 2 toilets but 1 basin, nice and warm too, but shower did not drain away!

Electrical supply only 6-amp so strict monitoring of your usage required in advance so you don't trip the supply.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Donna Michelle 12 reviews from this member

Stayed at Walton Hall Farm in March 2015 for 2 weeks in a touring caravan. The pitching area is just a field with small pitch spaces, we were told to leave our car in the car park when we had unhitched the caravan. Even though the touring site is still under construction there will still not be enough room to fit an awning and a car next to the caravans.

The first problem I experienced was the electric as it is only a 6 amp fuse, I couldn't even boil my small kettle and ended up using a pan on the gas hob to get water. When I complained about this I was told that this was the electrics that the previous owner put in. I had to keep going outside during the night as my overnight heating had blown the fuse.

The grey waste/toilet waste disposal area is a raised hole in the ground which I struggled lifting my grey waste container onto, I notice a few of the other people used small containers instead of a wastemaster.

There is one toilet and two showers, the facilities are cleaned daily and are nice hot showers. Only problem was that the showers did not drain quick enough and the floor flooded. There is also no shelving to keep anything off the floor.

Local train station has direct trains to Fenchurch Street, London (50mins) and free roadside parking.

No laundry facilities at all which proved a struggle because of the length of time I was there.

DOG OWNERS - Even though dogs are allowed they have to be on a lead at all times, there is no dog walking area nearby without using transport. You can walk around the farm but this takes approx. 5 minutes. The road that Walton Farm is on is a very fast narrow lane with no pavements.

I personally wouldn't stop here again as I have now found nicer places that are nearer to London for the same price.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jeffgame 26 reviews from this member

This is my local site, but we haven't used it before (my daughter just wanted to escape the World Cup for the weekend). The location is quite rural for Thurrock and access is easy. At present it is definitely a work in progress, but for the price, 17 per night for 3 adults, 1 child, 2 dogs, an awning & EHU, it was very reasonable. The site was quite busy and we had the only pitch left, not ideally placed between the old toilet block and some construction work, but it was ok. This site has a lot of character and loads of things for kids to do. There is a large indoor play zone and an extensive outdoor one which is not open yet, but nearly finished. There is also a cafe and a very interesting museum. The new toilet and shower block should be open in July. The tv reception was good. You can't safely walk from the site, there is no pavement on the narrow road, but there are areas where you can exercise the dog and a free barbecue pit that anyone can use. Local attractions are the new Thameside nature reserve and visitors centre and Coal House Fort on the river at East Tilbury. Both well worth a visit, just a few miles away and free parking.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Johnabacus 17 reviews from this member

On the plus side we were greeted by Friendly staff when we arrived. You are supplied with an electronic tag to open the gate. Mine was a bit hit and miss sometimes needing several passes over the sensor before it activated. On the down side there is still some construction work going on with a new toilet and shower block and the existing one definitely need updating. I felt for what we were paying the shower (which cost 50p) could have been free. My main concern was the electricity supply which constantly tripped out. The staff were aware of this problem suggesting it was probably because of our electric kettle but it wasn't always when we had the kettle on and it's never been an issue on any other site we have used.

We went into the cafe on the morning of our departure but the range of food was limited and we had a considerable wait for a baguette which was very good value.

CoalHouse Fort is worth a visit.

I have to say it's not particularly a site I would revisit but when the upgrades are completed it will make a significant difference.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Sarah Eaton 1 review from this member

Made booking by phone couple hours before arriving owner was very friendly and helpful, no problem with short notice.

the owner showed us to the pitch on arrival and explained everything on site, most of which I knew from reading the reviews.

The site was nicer than I expected, only a couple of loo's but was never an issue, and the shower was good, although we did have to wash up once while we waited.

New shower and toilet blocks under construction and a b n b area, this will only improve the site.

The warden didn't stop all day and kept the place immaculate. Everyone was friendly and it was very quiet as most caravans were owned by construction workers who were out all day.

We visited Langdon hills country park, short drive away which was great to walk our dogs.

Had a relaxing stay and look forward to returning, highly recommend.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ajharvey 1 review from this member

Ill keep it short and sweet. Great helpful staff, extremely clean and user friendly, lovely and peaceful.

If its a relaxing time in a lovely setting for camping then here is perfect. An easy location to find as well, my tom tom took me straight to the gate were I was greeted and made to feel welcome straight away by all the staff.

I shall definitely be returning with my girlfriend and our friends for some more glamping :)

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bethan Tawe 1 review from this member

We had a terrific week here. My sister and her family live 15mins away from the site so it is a perfect find for us as we would be close enough to them to use the site regularly.

The site is kept meticulously and your need to have breathable groundsheet for your awning. Worth it though as it is lovely seeing the field so well kept and lush.

It is very peaceful there. It is mainly used by contractors so they are out most of the day.

There is a lovely little park there although it could do with renovating a bit. Our daughters didn't mind though and they enjoyed playing there.

There is only one shower there and you have to have 50p for the slot but that's no problem and the shower lasts long enough to shower one adult and a child. Admittedly the toilets and showers need modernising but they were always very clean and served the purpose well!

The electricity supply is good too but when we tried to use our fan heating one very cold morning, it did trip the switch so we had to use the normal electric fire. Again, not a big problem.

There are a few shops within 10min drive including Co-op and some takeaways nearby too. Lakeside shopping centre is 15 mins away and access to the A13 couldn't be easier.

The wardens were lovely and helpful with information about the area and caravanning generally!(this was our first caravan holiday in our own tourer)

Aparently there are new owners taking over and there are plans to improve the toilets/showers facilities.

Can highly recommend this site for every reason!

Previous     17 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Essex

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire