Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Advent Calendar

Reviews of West Bay Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Bridport > West Bay Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) Reviews

West Bay Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )
West Bay
Bridport
Dorset   (Browse area)
DT6 4HB
Tel: 0844 335 3548

Open: 11/03/2020 to 08/11/2020
           11/03/2021 to 08/11/2021

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 No Fishing   Wild Swimming <1 mile   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach On Site   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  80 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: October 2020 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Baileyman 3 reviews from this member

Stayed here in October on Star pitch no 5. This is on the lowest level and has no view apart from weeds nettles and puddles.

We are self contained so did not have to use the washrooms, showers etc. I did go to look, they are fair as far as equipment but not very clean. The chemical disposal point however is not clean. It was not cleaned once during our stay and I would seriously doubt that it has been cleaned this year, gloves are a MUST.

The situation is very good, in that it is close to the harbour and walks on coast. Bus service is frequent too.

I did write to Parkdean on October 27th to let them know my disappointment, I have yet to receive a reply

Will I return, No

Date of Visit: July 2020 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Becks81 1 review from this member

Excellent location, West Bay is beautiful. Restaurant is good but that's where positives end.

Toilet blocks were very basic for a £55 per night site!

Ladies toilets frequently ran out of toilet paper by 9pm. Shower cubicles didn't have hooks or seats to put clothes or towels, there was no shower curtain to separate wet/dry area.

Husband was disgusted with cleanliness of male toilets. Blood on the wall on arrival and was still there 5 days later (very worrying as this was during covid 19 and extra cleaning etc)

No hand sanitizer on toilet entry and no social distancing at washing up points.

Can't really comment on customer service etc as only saw warden twice, or facilities as didn't use entertainment

Date of Visit: September 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Pauleb 9 reviews from this member

This was our seventh visit to Parkdean Holidays West Bay, “Broadchurch”. We always opt for the star pitches to save messing about with waste and water.

Pitch 25 is our favourite and out of season its just over £100 so good value. It’s great being just 5 minutes from the beach, free swimming pool and supermarkets, cinema, shops and theatres just a short drive away. The dog loves it too. Good fishing.

We don’t use the bar or clubhouse much so cannot comment but there’s usually some entertainment every night,

Facilities are very good and Mrs B gets a 🛀 bath (£25 key deposit). Toilets can get a bit messy when the kids are around. We always go out of season when the kids are at school!

Site can get muddy, Motorhomes can Get bogged down on the grass so check your pitch access first.

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Jim yarwood 10 reviews from this member

Touring sites (100+ pitches) on several terraces cut into hillside so reversing into a pitch could be awkward if you don't have a motor mover. Only one loo/shower block for tourers.

We were pitched on one of the lower terraces so were handily placed for this however it would be quite a trek for anyone on the higher terraces. The loos were not good, no loo paper at times, gents urinal flush was perpetually leaking and a 'repair' had been attempted to patch up with some mastic (just looked a mess).

Female showers very busy at times as mothers (mainly) washing children etc. Most annoyingly the showers have only one hook on the back of the door for clothing/towels so don't go well clothed into the shower.

And there's no seat in the cubicles (although there is space for one). For the price we paid I'd expect much, much better. But, showers are easy to operate & the water was always hot.

Check your arrival time. We were told 2pm however when we got there the reception said 12 noon.

Static vans (c. 350) on the level at the lower level and I imagine this is the priority for Parkdean management as this part of the site looked well maintained. Swim pool/bar/cafe etc. Adjacent to the entrance.

However, lovely views from our pitch over the sea/harbour & down to Bridport. 5 mins walk into West Bay & to the beach. Plenty of cafes, pubs, ice cream, fish & chips, and a seemingly endless supply of crabs in the harbour for children to catch! Great walks along the cliff tops with views along the 'Jurrasic Coast'.

Catch the bus or a take a lovely walk (20/30 mins) over the fields and along the river into the bustling town of Bridport with street market, cinema, arts centre, shops, pubs, cafes (special mention for Punch & Judy cafe and their soda bread). Also, do make a point of visiting the town museum (free) in Bridport.

Would I go to Parkdean again?. Well maybe.

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Mcmck 1 review from this member

Worst Caravan Park we've been on!

Toilets filthy, not cleaned for 2 days and no loo paper for 2 days!

1 bar staff only on duty - queues to the door to get a drink/order food - took 40 minutes to get to the single barman!

Food poor - £10 fish pie like a Tesco Value 99p one!

Caravan pitches overgrown with 4ft weeds, grass hedgerows never mown! Had to ask for someone to come cut them!

No security patrols - lots of unruly drunk groups, being rowdy way past the 10pm 'noise curfew' - going on until the early hours.

Reception staff simply 'talk a good patronising game' - problems never get solved!

Site mains water gave me a rash too!

Parkdean trying to run site on skeleton staff, and management oblivious.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Ricky davidson 1 review from this member

West Bay is lovely, the holiday park is not. Not enough staff v guests. Touring facilities are grim. If you have a double axle caravan or long campervan, good luck. If you have an awning and a car don't expect passengers to be able to get out.

Never saw a clean toilet in the entire complex and at least one cubicle would always have poo on the floor. Bins overflowed every day. The swimming pool was jerky and it doesn't state when you book that it is only open from 10am to 1245 and then 2 to 5.

Entertainment for kids was poor. The same 3 acts rotated. In all major investment is needed. Didn't use the bar/restaurant do to speaking to a previous guest and them advising to go elsewhere as would be better food and cost less.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Step24hen 2 reviews from this member

Location is great

Touring area needs a lot of work done to it to bring it up to other campsites

We had weeds jaggy nettles on our pitch. Sign posts were on the ground. The touring area was in a bit of a mess. The parkdean site where the statics were was spotless but touring was left in a state.

Customer service was not great. We booked in January thinking we would get a good pitch but we were put next to the trees and we ask to move but was told it was all vans was in 6 metres area, eventually we got a better pitch during the week. In our area suppose to be up to 6m we saw vans and caravans bigger than ours.

I wish parkdean would sort out this touring area for next year as we love the location and the park

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Natsbequiglibum 6 reviews from this member

It has been a wet March, but I was surprised to find the pitches in such a state.

The pitch I was offered for my Romahome was at the top of a steep rise to a terrace of chopped up poorly drained grass. The tarmac ended abruptly at an area of mud where others had struggled out.

I managed to avoid getting stuck and returned to reception to ask for a refund or upgrade to a hardstanding if possible.

Due to a cancellation this was done at no charge, although the hardstanding was an area of not level compacted sea ballast, only just large enough to park the van at a skew to avoid the grass bank rising to the next terrace being right at my back door. The Romahome is only small so I wouldn't like to try putting a larger van in, even if it had a side door.

I had booked with Parkdean Resorts through their cranky web site and had hoped that I would be better catered for by a firm of this size. I was aware the year has been wet, so hoped this would be better than a say farm style site.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Markie4569 8 reviews from this member

The location is fab.

Right in the harbour with its crabbing, fishing and multiple fish & chip huts - a proper quaint little fishing village.

Camping plots are (as always) right at the back of the site and this time, on terraces. The plot sizes aren't fabulous leaving little room to sit outside and enjoy the harbour view without encroaching onto the grass 'roadway' that you have to use to get to your pitch.

Toilets/Showers have been updated at some point and are fit for purpose.

The Pool was a winner for our kids and the shop was very well stocked.

What I will say is, If you have a fear of birds (seagulls in particular) I would give this site a miss. They terrorise locals and tourists alike and seem to have very little Fear.

The on site restaurant is adequate and not what I'd call cheap as was the Bar.

I've read some reviews on this site stating barking dogs as being a problem but when in a tent, I can assure you the seagulls and Crows will more than do their best to keep you awake all night!

All in all, a good site that IS in need of a little TLC as its now showing the scars of its age.

Having said that - I probably would return.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Alipin 3 reviews from this member

I picked this campsite due to its location & close to coast & only an hour and half from were we live in New Forest & we loved it, £33 for 3 nights with electrics in most beautiful place, out of season while beautiful. We do all sorts of camping, we back pack, we tent, we caravan, we festival sometimes with electrics other times without, we are a little weird but who cares.

I had my last Chemotherapy yesterday & we are going back again next week for husbands birthday, while cost is double but still cheap.

I'm just mad about camping & camping mad about me, they call me Mellow Yellow.

Previous     80 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is West Bay Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does West Bay Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to West Bay Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is West Bay Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Bridport      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

1966 Visitors online !

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to £160 each PLUS a Christmas Day Star Prize worth up to £865

Get an email reminder on 1st December