Reviews of Corfe Castle Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Wareham > Corfe Castle Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Corfe Castle Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Tel: 01929 480280

Open: 28/02/2021 to 01/11/2021
           28/02/2022 to 01/11/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach <5 miles   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  114 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: August 2021 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Loz a 2 reviews from this member

Beautifully run site, 15 minutes lovely walk along footpaths to the town, bus and train.

The welcome was perfect, both from the staff on arrival and from the deer occasionally peeking out from behind the brambles.

Facilities were spot on. Highly recommended!

Date of Visit: June 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: P Hunter 1 review from this member

We had a very pleasant stay and would recommend this site to anyone

It is a few minutes walk to the steam train station and a 25 minute walk to corfe castle

Date of Visit: August 2018  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Tracyl 1 review from this member

Loved this site. Great pitch and views of Corfe castle and the sound of steam trains in the distance.

Facilities were ok, did need to wait for the toilet and showers during busy times!

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 12 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Jusbluey 25 reviews from this member

On arrival & following a stressful journey, we arrived at the site & were pleasantly greeted.

However, after booking in we were told that we couldn't put up our utility tent, we couldn't park the car next to the van & the tv signal was poor/non existent, my heart sunk.

We were shown to our pitch & questioned why we couldn't put the tent up & park the car as there was clearly lots of room. We were then told it would be ok (relief) then the neighbour said the tv signal was ok & it was.

After that dodgy start the rest of the holiday was fab as was the weather. The facilities are up to the usual C&CC site standards & the fish & chips from the visiting van were very enjoyable.

It is in a wonderful situation for anyone who likes walking & we walked over 94 miles while we were there. Corfe castle is a lovely place but sadly has a lot of traffic running through it & far too fast.

We visited a 3 of the lovely pubs in Corfe & enjoyed pasties from the bake shop. The castle is National Trust & is well worth a visit if only for the views from the top.

We visited Swanage, Studland Beach, Durdle Door & Lulworth Cove ( incredibly busy place), Kimmeridge Bay, Old Harry Rocks to name a few. Overall an excellent holiday spent on this peaceful site & wouldn't hesitate to revisit

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 10 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: JETFIGHTER 2 reviews from this member

Love your site, toilet blocks so clean, site immaculate, steam train near by, & the team so helpful, thanks team for making my stay great. JETFIGHTER

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Philorth 3 reviews from this member

During a 3 month trip round the UK I stayed at this site, one of many used during my tour. It was by far one of the best partly because being a SWB campervan I was put at the far end of the site in a smaller higher up pitch. This backed straight onto the woods. It was far away from the facilities but what more than made up for this was the wildlife.

I had a Blackbird which would come regularly to eat out of my hand. In spite of my cat staring at it out of the open door. Then first one then another Deer came out of the woods close beside me to graze. The site regularly has deer walking through.

Corfe castle is about a mile walk away on a beautiful footpath. Many other walks can be done straight from the site. I really didnít want to leave.

So, if you donít mind not having facilities close to your door, have a smallish camper (too tight to manoeuvre anything big), enjoy peace, quiet and wildlife, asked to be put right at the end you wonít regret it

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Rustyarrow 10 reviews from this member

Great site spotless and clean, good location for seeing around the area without having to drive to far, Friday night Chip van is very good and handy after setting up.

Corfe village was very busy, pubs full and parking difficult in centre- was a busy weekend. Site is 'compact' so very large units beware you may not be able to get a pitch.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Smelljeffshand 8 reviews from this member

Just spent An amazing four nights here with stunning, warm sunny weather over the May bank holiday this is my review of the site

1. Absolutely amazing location. Village very accessible from this site.

2. Stunning walks from the site.

3. Staff very helpful and very friendly.

4. Pitch is large and well spaced out.

5. Very good washing up showering and toilet facilities the showers were amazing and hot.

5. Grounds are kept very tidy and nice little areas left for wildlife.

6. Adequate play area for children.

7. Nice little Study.

8. Easy to find.

9. Quiet and relaxing.

CONS.

1. On-site shop basically non-existent only a small refrigerator with some sausages and meat and a few cold drinks.

2. Road up to the site is a bit rough with potholes and man-made sleepers but I think this is done to keep the traffic to a minimum speed.

3. The same road in and out.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: BigErnie 32 reviews from this member

We visited this site at the end of half term week and whilst it was busy thatís not unusual for the site. This is a testament to how well maintained the site is by itís owners.

We pitched up on hardstanding and were level without much effort, most of the motorhome pitches are on hardstanding then there are a number of grass pitches which were still being used for tents during the weekend we stayed. The facilities are great on the site; clean toilets, push button showers providing continuous hot water, washing up points and an abundance of local information. We love this site because of the thoughtful layout, there are actually quite a few pitches but the thoughtful layout means that you donít really notice, having been parked on a number of different pitches over a few visits we have never felt on top of our neighbours.

The location of the site is fantastic, with easy walking to Corfe Castle and into Corfe village where there are a number of Pubs, Shops and Tea Rooms. It is also possible to catch the Steam Train into Swanage from the station in Corfe; previously we have walked to Swanage and caught the train back but during this visit took a circular walk around the local villages and over Corfe Common instead.

The site is definitely wildlife friendly and has a number of information points about the trees and birds in the area, we were even surprised to have a late night visit from a Badger during our stay!

A great site which we will return to.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Trevor caravan 10 reviews from this member

I have to say that I was more than disappointed with this site. I was shown to a 'grass' pitch as there were no prior hardstandings and I asked for if possible a pitch not under trees and has some light. There was no grass and no light, at least this time of year. It was a sloping mud bath and I had my jockey wheel wound up to its maximum and on two breeze block lumps. I hardly had to lower my back steadies. The poor people near me had an Eriba puck and faced the opposite direction and their A frame was immersed in the mud and they were still not level. I had to pull his car out of the mud with my 4x4. Another caravanner I saw moved from one uneven pitch to another under an oak tree and had to buy a tarpaulin to cover his roof for potential damage from flotsum and jetsum from the tree. I couldn't let my small dog out on her extending lead as she would be covered in mud the whole time.

Of course I accept weather and slight use of levelling aids but this site should be considered a very hot summer site and not autumn. Some pitches under trees were in constant shade and damp. Don't open in the autumn or at least do some tree lopping so people can see the light of day however I found the ambience more of financial business than the spirit of camping. Mend the pitches! lop the trees! Move pitches away from the 'dingly dell' area! Find somewhere level for the tenters!

I felt more than robbed of the cost of this site - the only saving grace is that it is on the isle of purbeck.

P. S. Who keeps nicking the black plastic plugs by the washing up area, how cheap.

Previous     114 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Corfe Castle Camping And Caravanning Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Corfe Castle Camping And Caravanning Club Site?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Corfe Castle Camping And Caravanning Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Wareham      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

UKCS Meet Paws in the Park, Kent 18/09 to 19/09
UK's largest outside dog show for working, trained and pet dogs held at the Kent Showground. Weekend camping available on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021