Visitor Reviews - Love2stay Touring And Glamping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Shropshire > Site Reviews

Love2stay Touring And Glamping
Shropshire   (Browse area)
SY5 6QS   See Map

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  28 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Treefern 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from weekend at love to stay, good bits are close to shrewsbury & national trust property, the outdoor swimming pool, modern toilet/ shower block, good views of surrounding countryside, large hard standing pitches. Downside was we had booked adult only section as advertised on the website & we were looking forward to a relaxed & peaceful weekend, when we checked in my wife mentioned this, only to be told they could not guarantee this at weekends ?

All was peaceful until the campsite filled up with many large groups, to say not peaceful was a understatement, management seem to turn a blind eye to park rules. We asked at reception if we could move to one of the empty quieter pitches on the outside edge but was told these were for customers of salop leisure only, although they remained empty all weekend ? Adult only section does not exist, would return only outside of weekends & school holidays.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mikey1banana 15 reviews from this member

I booked my stay here last December and have been counting down the days until we went. I really had high hopes for this site having read numerous rave reviews, unfortunately, for me I have been left feeling a bit flat.

To begin with arrival and the Concierge. While I wasn't expecting a Maitre D with a beautifully waxed thin moustache at a pedestal as I walked in, I was expecting something a bit more special than a faded black polo shirt. The lady checking me in was also trying to arrange bike hire and a children's club simultaneously. To say it was fraught was putting it mildly. I was promptly relieved of my pitch fees, directed to my pitch and told to use green loo to put down the black waste point on the pitch.

Driving past the toilet block I was well impressed with the large and trendy looking wooden clad building.

Arriving at my pitch it was huge, by far the biggest pitch I have ever used and very level. Very luxurious. I was then greeted by a large number of dog ends across the pitch as well as weeds growing in one corner. Given the half hour curfew between vacating the pitch and check in I was expecting better than that. When I then plugged into the service point I was disgusted to find toilet roll splatter all over the black waste service point and most of the surrounding area. The was no TV hook up on the service point either. I would rather the luxury of a decent TV signal than slopping around in some one else' toilet paper.

During check in and no where on any information leaflet was any mention of an Elsan point. The luxurious word for Elsan point is Sluice Room. I was genuinely concerned about having to use the disgusting black waste point for the week until I eventually found the sluice room.

The pitches shown on the website with wonderful views of the rolling Shropshire hills wont last as young trees have been planted all around the boundary.

Onto the shower blocks. Who ever has designed this shower block has never, ever done any of the following. Used a shower, been camping, used a shower on a camp site or read any number of reviews siting the downfall of many a campsite shower.

The double showers are huge. I don't like the touch less on/off button neither do I like not being able to regulate the water temperature which seems to get warmer the warmer the external temperature gets. There is no where to put a bar of soap or shampoo or hooks inside the shower. If you're careful the changing area won't fill with water during your shower and you'll stay dry while getting changed. The extraction is brilliant which means nothing steams up while washing but there is no ventilation. Not an opening window in the place. When the temperature picks up this shower block turns into a sweat box. No individual washing cubicles either. There was two baby baths though.

Cleaning would appear to happen. Two ladies appear around half, clean the sinks, top up the shower gel and toilet paper. That would appear to be it, unless sitting out the back of the shower block smoking constitutes a deep clean. As the week went on the showers got grubbier and grubbier. The two ladies wore no kind of uniform so it was questionable if they even worked there. A suitably branded tabbard wouldn't go amiss for identification purposes.

I didn't find these showers at all comfortable or luxurious to use, especially when having to use a shower next to an occupied toilet stall.

Speeding on this family friendly, child orientated site is a massive and constant problem. Staff and campers alike. The only time any kind of wardening took place by site staff was when siting caravans on pitches. This was done done as quickly and as noisily as possible. In my opinion this lack of staff presence around the site will lead to it's downfall. There is no respect for peoples space or observance of the 11pm curfew. People are doing what they want, when they want with little regard for others around them.

The natural pool is smaller than it looks on the website and is bitterly cold regardless of outdoor temperature. I would recommend covering with goose fat first. The Hot Springs are not hot and there is no cover or offer of shade in the area, not ideal for small children spending a good while there. The general atmosphere in the camping area is also quite flat.

Given the price increases going on, the above gripes and charges for everything over and above your pitch fees I definitely would not describe this site as luxurious and probably will not return.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Maz9999 28 reviews from this member

Daytime

Heard so many good reviews about this place I expected to be blown away with talk of the natural pool outdoor cinema and pizzeria, unfortunately the hype for us did not live up to the actual experience, the pitches are big and very flat but in hot weather and with no cover at all the all gravel pitches are dusty and unbearable hot, there is grass behind the pitch for chairs etc and fully serviced with water and waste disposal, it isnít super fast 100meg WiFi as advertised, we got around 1 meg downloads speed so Netflix just about made it but sufficient for browsing

No shop on site so unless you are well stocked a bottle of very average white wine is £16 and bottles of beer £2. 76 the food is mainly pizzas £9 which looked ok if a little over cooked, breakfast Baps £3. 50 to £4. 50 and jacket potatoes £2. 75 to £4. 00

Definitely oriented towards children with lots to do, the outdoor pool is a lot smaller than perspective pictures portray and half the pool is wasted with the lillies, building work still very apparent with large plant around which does give an impression you are stuck in the middle of a business / trade park, the new beach area was apparently finished 8 weeks ago but impossible to sit there in hot weather as not one parasol ? Walk a little out of the centre and the little boating lake is very nice and a lot quieter, dogs had a swim and watched the kids water sports activities ( apparently this is an extra )

Weather was hot so plenty to do but I think there would be quite a few bored kids if the weather was bad as nothing indoors to do as opposed to similar price paid at a haven site

All the staff around the park were very friendly and efficient and maybe the feeling of the place will improve after the trees have grown to give adequate cover but I doubt I have 40 years to wait, so a very personal review but wonít be returning, unless the mrs has more kids in which case I wouldnít be able afford £34 per night for the electric hook up which is very expensive relatively

In summary daytime no better place if you have kids and the weather is good, us older ones maybe give it a miss letís hope night time is better !

Shower block (menís)

Lovely hot shower, spotless clean but would expect that from a new build, free shower gel BUT what spotty 16 year old whoís never camped designed them ??

The drainage tray is about 6 inches from the door so you have to change in the said 6 inches unless you want to stand in a large pool of water, , , then to make matters worse the doors open inwards so you have to step in the puddle, haha made me laugh the inadequacy of the designers, fill up your bottle with free shower gel to get a few pence back on the hiked fees lol

Night time

So got ready to go down at 7.30 to the centre at night, envisaged a nice bottle of wine and pizza by the pool on a summer night, the old girl even put a dress on ! I might even spend another £16 on that £5 a bottle in shops wine who knew I was in holiday mode ??

Arrived at 7.30 had a bottle of beer, went to get a second at 8.05 to be told they were closed ?? Nowhere else to go as nearest pub is 2 miles away the perfect end to a shite2stay

Oh and the film under the stars open air cinema it promotes was nowhere to be seen or heard, , never again !

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Asfc70 21 reviews from this member

This is a fantastic state of the art site, and has numerous free activities. It is beautifully situated and has panoramic views of the Shropshire landscape. Love2stay has the best dog walk area I have ever experienced. The reception block houses the eatery and staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool area is well-designed and has plenty of seating, the bean bags are extremely comfy. The Glamping area is situated between the pool and touring pitches and we had a look in one of the lodges. Luxurious and stylish, private hot tub, well worth a future stay. The shower block is huge with numerous showers, the drainage in the changing area is only a very minor issue. The site was busy on our arrival due to it being a Bank Holiday, but was followed by three quiet and tranquil days.

The only downside for us was the long walk to the refuse/recycling point from our pitch at the top of the hill. On the other hand it is better than having bins all over the site and it is good exercise.

An Asda Superstore is only a 5 minute drive away.

Day 2 we drove to Shrewsbury and benefited from arriving early to pay £3. 50 for all day parking. The towN centre is delightful ( a mini Chester/York) and The Quarry (a large grassed park on the banks of the River Severn, birthplace of Percy Thrower) is a great area for relaxing in the sun, exercising our 2 dogs. Alan Rowntree our Miniature Dachshund puppy loved it.

Day 3 we drove to Ironbridge Gorge ( 20 minutes) and thoroughly enjoyed Blists Hill Victorian Town and Ironbridge.

The next day we drove to Acton Burnell Castle (10 minutes), Church Stretton (20 minutes) and Ludlow (30 minutes) and would recommend all.

Overall we cannot rate the site highly enough and it is 5 star.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Joolb 24 reviews from this member

Mature couple, no children with us and no dog. Site definitely more suited to families-very very busy over the 2 days we were there. Toilets/showers state of the art except it looks like someone put the drainage channel in the wrong place! Just had to accept wet feet as even after you are dry, the cubicle door opens inwards so you have to step back into a wet puddle to get out-as per another reviewer recommend either finish getting dry outside the cubicle or wear shorts/flip flops. Ideal location to visit Shrewsbury-96 bus stop outside Salop leisure takes 10 mins to centre. We stayed here as wanted to see the site having read about it, but as we don't really need half the facilities we would probably stay somewhere next time in Shrewsbury but that doesn't reflect on the site. Excellent.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Crazyguider 22 reviews from this member

I decided to book for Easter after reading all the hype!

Having stayed for 5 nights I feel we cannot leave full marks as the site still needs bedding in.

Booking/arrival: had problems with the online booking, but easy to book over the phone. On arrival staff were friendly and helpful, with lists of info about the site, activities, pitch, etc.

Pitch and set up: our pitch was on the approach road to the higher part of the site, with no vans in front or behind. The pitch was very level although it had an odd slope at its entrance due to the terracing, and as we have a rear wheel drive this made it a little difficult to get on to the pitch as the wheels couldn't grip in the gravel, however a couple of helpful gents helped us push the van on by hand, wwhich was lovely. The waste/water/electric bollard was at the rear. The beauty of this is that you can fill up with drinking water, and empty your grey and black waste in the same place. There are 2 taps: one for rinsing, the other for drinking water. You have to use green chemicals to be able to empty the honeypot, though.

Facilities: there have been many ravings and moanings about these. The facilities are all in a large block at the top of the hill. There's a launderette, washup room and mens and ladies facilities.

The shower/loo area is huge, and you gain access with a card. It appears that they can be divided into 2 sections during low season, but both were open when we were there. In the ladies there were about 7 loos and the same amount of showers, although one was out of order the entire time we were there. Toilet cubicles are very large, making them slightly smaller would have allowed for more. The showers cubicles are also large. Clearly the site have listened to other reviews about these and have angled the shower heads so they don't spray out in to the changing area HOWEVER drainage is still a problem, as is the fact you can't turn off the water - it has to finish itself because the taps are electronic! Such a waste. The drain is in the changing area of the cubicle and is bordered by a raised lump of mastic which prevent proper drainage, hence you stand in a puddle to dry, but at least your clothes don't get wet any more! I noticed, and reported, that the floor covering had raised up in places, and apparently this had been fixed previously. The hand wash basins didn't seem to have plugs, and were serviced via a very fancy hands free tap, which had a 30 second count down, and hands free temperature control. I didn't see many people washing for 30 seconds, and again you can't turn off these taps - MORE water waste. Dyson hair dryers were a lovely touch, but one was placed nowhere near a mirror! Also two baby baths and drying stations, whic was a great idea. No privacy cubicles, though.

Yes they provide designer soap, shampoo and shower gel, but that money would have been better spent on more substantial fittings.

Washing up room was good. Nice and warm, hot water from normal taps, huge sinks.

Apparently there is a dog wash, but we don't have a dog!

Cleanliness: the site was largely spotless, although we found a lot of dogs mess round by the lake, next to a bin, which we found very disappointing, and which we reported. The facilities were spotless.

Reception block: this also doubles as a pizzeria/snack bar serving drinks, jacket spuds, homemade pizzas, cakes, alcohol, which you can take and drink overlooking the pool. We had a takeaway pizza and it was delicious.

Also here you can enjoy a free (yes, free!) hot tub, book to see a film in the on site tented cinema, and book on site activities. These are numerous and varied: from paddle boarding to the army style assault course, gym, yoga, massage etc. My teens went paddle boarding in the freezing lake and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. There is even a forest school! The outdoor pool is not heated so its use is limited to the hardy or hot days. The kids adventure playground was appreciated by my older teens, and by many much younger children, and it was good to see that it was designed with all ages in mind, not just exclusively for little ones.

Surrounding Area: this is stunning. Shrewsbury is a fab place. Park and ride was £2. 50 for a group of 4! The town has many historic buildings and lovely one-off shops as well as the usual. The farmers market on Friday is excellent, and the eateries are second to none. Hubby and son went mountain biking in the Wrekin, Carding Mill valley is also close by. Lots of dramatic scenery to walk in. We spent the day at Blists Hill Victorian village, which was a good place on a wet day.

Eating Out: Ginger cafe in Shrewsbury was good. We drove out and found The Pound Inn, which did amazing food, big portions, locally sourced, and totally delicious.

So, our verdict on Love2stay. Would we return? Yes, in a year or so.

It COULD be a superb site, situated where it is, but at present they are trying a little bit too hard, and we feel it is currently a triumph of style over substance.

Previous     28 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Shropshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Atera STRADA DL 2 Tilting Bike Carrier worth £457.50 Win Family Weekend Camping Tickets to the Into the Trees Festival

UKCS Meet England's Medieval Festival 24th to 27th August, E Sussex
Discover the magic of history and celebrate the past at Herstmonceux Castle. Camping packages available ...more