Visitor Reviews - Caalm Camp Yurt Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Site Reviews

Caalm Camp Yurt Camping

Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Dog Walk

Reviews:

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Josephine13 1 review from this member

This was my first time having a holiday in a yurt and wow it was one of the best holidays I've ever had. Caalm camp is an amazing place, they had thought of everything.

Each yurt has its own wet room & wc, fridge and cupboard in the very moden communal kitchen. The communal dinning area also has a comfortable sitting area with a large tv, games and toys for the children.

The camp has wonderful views and walks we found a beautiful lake. You are only within an hour from Stonehenge, Lullworth cove, Glastonbury to name but a few places of interest.

We found the yurts so comfortable and cosy linen sheets on the beds the log burner (logs were provided) there was a hob so you could make tea or coffee or boil and egg or two if you wanted, a barbecue for each yurt plus a large communal fire pit if you want a camp fire.

The owners are the most helpful and friendly people you can meet. I would recommend Caalm camp to anyone. Once you have stayed there you will keep going back, we have already booked to go back in November this year. I'd give the place 100%

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: KarenKingston 1 review from this member

The first word that comes to mind when I think of my visit to Caalm Camp?. WOW!

My partner and I were one of the first to stay at this newly established camp. It was clear to see that a lot of thought had been put into making this the perfect getaway!

We stayed in the 'Cowslip' yurt. From the moment we stepped inside, we were mesmerised. From the intricate detail of the painted roof poles, to the crackling of the ready lit fire. It really was as if we'd been ported to a different world!

The old hay barn has everything you could possible need, and breakfast was enjoyed each morning with a view out to the open landscape.

The personal shower rooms were great. It was nice to be able to leave our toiletries out and not have to worry about the next person.

We took a visit to nearby Shatesbury to walk the famous Gold Hill (home of the hovis advert) It's a definite must see! I'll be completely honest though. We took pleasure in staying very local to the camp. The landscape is never ending, and you can't help but want to walk for miles!

There are lots of attractions nearby that we intended to visit. Longleat, Stourhead Gardens etc, but I tell you. We didn't want to go anywhere!

Waking up to the sound of the birds is lovely from your own home, but here it was amazing! You feel as if your blending with the wildlife.

I miss the morning trip to collect wood from the store. My partner and I would make jokes about who's turn it was to be 'gatherer' It's just so lovely to have a camping experience in style!

Anyway, I cannot recommend this place enough! We will be returning later in the year with some friends! I really cannot fault it!

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over 885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth 119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey