Visitor Reviews - Sunnyside Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Sunnyside Farm
Shalmsford Road
Chilham
Canterbury
Kent   (Browse area)
CT4 8BS
Tel: 07894 011182  or  01227 365314

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Pitches: 5 Vans + Tents

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf   Tennis <5 miles
 Beach <10 miles   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk On Site   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  18 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ajs633 5 reviews from this member

Great campsite. Despite being in middle of August it was quiet with lots of space between tents. Facilities were excellent. Location superb. We cycled along the Stour Way into Canterbury which was a fab day out. We went out to Whitstable one day but didn't like it too much. Had a lovely meal at the Compasses Inn. Would like to return to the site.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Canon Graham 3 reviews from this member

We have had an excellent stay at this fantastic site. Well managed, clean and quiet. Pete the owner made us feel so welcome, we wish we had booked for longer. Nothing was too much trouble. Runner beans were fabulous and Pete's mum was just amazing. Lovely group of people camping on site whilst we were there. We have put this as our number one place to visit in the future. Thank you for enabling us to have an excellent break, we will be back.

Graham and Angela Isle of Wight.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: SHAZ44 11 reviews from this member

We have just returned from 6 nights at this lovely site. On arrival we were met by Pete the owner, who gave us lots of information regarding the surrounding area. Facilities are great, it was great having a washing machine and drier having little ones. Good value we recommend this site. Close to both Canterbury and Ashford also only approx 25 minutes to Dover for day trip to France.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Phil2112 1 review from this member

This site was everything the previous reviews said it was. Well maintained, great facilities and extremely helpful and friendly owners.

It was easy to find and just far enough of the beaten track to be quiet.

The location was ideal for a bit of touring ( Herne Bay was V disappointing tho')

However Chilham is lovely and the Woolpack is a great pub.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Turbo93 1 review from this member

This will be the second time I have visited this little site and I must say I have been blown away by both experiences. I first came when the site first opened, the site included toilets and showers with spacious pitches along with an amazing view across the country side. The owner Pete lives locally and was able to advise about the local area which is always extremely helpful!

After talking with Pete he explained the improvements he wanted to make with the facility’s and pitch areas, I promised to return as I could not believe he would be able to improve on this already flawless site. On my return to the site I could not believe the transformation the toilet and shower area had undertook, I love the fact one minute I am setting up my tent, and the next minute I feel like I am walking into a Luxury hotel. The little touches like a washing machine, sink and fridge really does go the extra mile for me.

I like to cycle when I get the chance, and in my opinion there is nothing like packing up a picnic for the day and taking the Crab & winkle cycle route from Canterbury right the way through to Whitstable. And after all that, returning to my little tent for a well-deserved glass of wine with nothing but the sound of birds to send me off to sleep. I rarely get the time away from work to enable me to relax, but when I do there is nothing that beats this little getaway I feel I have found.

I cannot recommend this site enough for anyone that just wants to get away from the daily grind and enjoy a peaceful long weekend away, I also cannot thank Pete enough for how welcome I was made to feel. If only I could get away here every week! I will most definitely be returning.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Alfiegeorge 13 reviews from this member

A lovely site well worth a visit only a few manageable pitches and a great location. We used it as a 2 day stop over before our trip to France via Dover. Unfortunately our visit was marred by a grown idiot of a man who thought it would a good idea to play with his remote controlled car from 08. 30 till 20. 30 clearly spoiling the peace and quiet the site has to offer I did think of complaining but as we were only there for 2 nights wasn't really worth getting my Y fronts in a twist about. THIS HAS NO REFLECTION ON THE SITE OR OWNER, and I would return.

Previous     18 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO Knightwick 3 Berth Tent worth £109.99 Win tickets to Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend!

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 12 to 14 October, Cornwall
3 day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties, with camping ...more