Reviews of Peacock Waters

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Lincoln > Peacock Waters Reviews

Peacock Waters
Timberland
Lincoln
Lincolnshire   (Browse area)
LN4 3RG
Tel: 01526 378059  or  07801 436628

Open: February To December

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Toilet Facilities   Hot Showers   No Washing Up Area   No Bathroom
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool <5 miles
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <10 miles   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <5 miles
 Lakeside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  11 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence

For peace of mind of our customers and staff, we have decided to restrict our communal areas. Our toilets are Closed. Our showers are Closed. Please contact us for full details of what facilities are available.

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Blackpoolmartin 6 reviews from this member

Another fabulous stay here. Weather was amazing and to say the site was full it was so peaceful.

Apart from chatting to fellow campers you never hear a thing at night apart from the odd bird. Heaven. No cars, nothing. Toilets and showers clean as always and the owners are so helpful.

AMANDA ADAM & JAMES, we look forward to our next visit. Thank you

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Other
Reviewer: Glenda J 4 reviews from this member

Lovely small site, great fishing, although the site is mainly seasonals, they were friendly enough.

The toilet/shower block is ok for the size of the site, clean and tidy, but sometimes cold as heating only goes on for a few hours a day.

Friendly owners, great little hide a way site. Close to Woodhall Spa and other places of interest, including RAF Coningsby.

Which leads me to question previous comments made by someone.

Not sure if you were trying to cover your tracks, and didn't want to upset the owners, but the noise from the jets is almost deafening, it's not just once a day, but a few times, and are they loud, no I mean LOUD, and I was told they even fly late night " sorties", plus the back road as you come out of the site turn left, is one of the worst we have ever been down, and hubby drives for a living. It should be condemned. No way would I want to take our van down there.

Close the airport down and fix the road, and you will have the perfect site.

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Blackpoolmartin 6 reviews from this member

Fabulous site, spotless clean, superb toilets and showers.

Totally peaceful.

Thank you to Amanda, Adam and James for his magic bait (sshhhh don't tell anyone ) lol see you soon Martin and Tricia

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Carrievan69 29 reviews from this member

We stayed here again this time for 17nights, it is so peaceful here, except for the fighter jets and odd Chinook. It is a lovely sheltered site, even when the ' hurricane' hit us, our inflatable awning stood up to everything it could throw at us, even branches. The toilet / shower block is very clean and tidy, lovely walk around the lake, and the fishing is 1st class

A must go place to visit is Metheringham arifield visitor centre, it's free to look around, we even sat in the pilots seats of the old Dakota, an experience in itself.

Now a word of warning, and it is a warning,

Do not go along the back road from ' Woodhall spa' direction, only enter through the village of Timberland, as the other way is so rough, well in fact the road is falling to pieces, it has to be the worst road I have ever driven on by far. No way would I tow along that road, you wouldn't make it in myone piece.

Obviously this is not peacock waters fault.
-----------------

Just to add something to my last feedback, and to clarify my mistakes.

( As pointed out by my wife, GRRRR )

When I said the jet fighters, I made it sound like it is every hour, well it is not, sorry for not making it clearer, it is NOT as frequent as I made it sound ( in fact my wife's snoring can be described as being louder haha ).

Also the road I mentioned is NOT the main road into the site, just a back road, which is better to avoid if towing a caravan.

The main road is perfectly ok.

Please don't let this put you off because this is a truely wonderful site.

Note to self. Run any review past my wife 1st. Lol

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Carrievan69 29 reviews from this member

This is one of those 'once in a blue moon finds'.

Fantastic park. Very small but well sited.

The lake has a good mixture of fish in there to suit most needs, from big carp to small roach, at lots more in betweeen.

Amanda & Adam are very friendly and helpful, but not in your face. We don't mind the walk to the shower / toilet / fresh water and elsan point ( all in one area at front of site). But I can see going to walk for your water fill up will be an inconvenience for some people.

I really am tempted to write a bad review, as we don't want anyone else finding this site haha. But credit to the owners, they work very hard in keeping this site to the high standard it is.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Neil63 2 reviews from this member

Went here as it was close to home and we needed to test run our (new to us ) caravan. Phoned at the last minute and they had one pitch left.

Got good directions over the phone before we set off. On arrival we were met at the front gate and shown were the toilets and water waste etc were and showed to our pitch. Very nice family run site.

Fishing on site is included in the pitch fee.

All in all it's a very pleasant and quiet site.

Neil.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Sos2301 20 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a relaxing weekend at Peacock Waters, Adam and Amanda were as welcoming as ever, the further works that they are doing to improve the site will be great.

My husband fished and had a lovely bag of over 100lb in one session.

We love this site as it is so peaceful.

We arrived about 7. 45 pm and Adam was there to welcome us and guide us to the pitch.

Cannot wait to return.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Philmm 1 review from this member

Just returned from a wonderful week at this perfect site. Wonderful views around the lake. Facilities excellent. Extremely helpful and friendly owners. Fishing extremely good lots of scale perfect Common and Mirror Carp along with skimmers, roach & perch.

Spent a wonderful day in Woodhall Spa after the owners told us we had arrived during the 40's weekend. Wonderful to see all the people dressed up in uniform.

Classic cars and of course the Battle of Britain memorial flight fly past. Definitely a must visit site for all anglers. Sharon & Phil Mitchell

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Wolfitman 11 reviews from this member

Peace and quiet surrounded with beautiful views from your level pitch, tick.

Excellent mixed fishing which beautiful silvers, large skimmers and scale perfect carp, tick.

Spotlessly clean and maintained toilet and shower block, tick.

Owners on site who are there if needed and make you feel so at home at their wonderful site, tick.

Very reasonable prices which include free fishing, tick.

If you are looking for the above it can be found here and I would recommend that you try it as you will not be disappointed I can assure you.

We'll be back for another dose of pleasure shortly.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Sos2301 20 reviews from this member

What a lovely little get away. My husband and I wanted to find a weekend retreat that was not too far from home that was quiet and had fishing. Well we have found it.

Adam and Amanda are making the site better all the time, they strive to make their guests happy and comfortable. They have refreshed the showers, and are making headway with landscaping. I have refrained from posting a review as I want there to be space when I need to get away.

My husband has fished when we have visited and has caught a lovely mix. We had a friend come to fish and he enjoyed his day he did have a good catch, and we did have cream cakes from the fab cake shop in Woodhall spa.

There is not any light pollution in the evening, wildlife is in abundance and peace prevails. Cannot wait to return.

Previous     11 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Peacock Waters child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Peacock Waters?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Peacock Waters dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Lincoln      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lincolnshire

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more