Reviews of Manor Farm Caravan Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Seaton > Manor Farm Caravan Site Reviews

Manor Farm Caravan Site
Seaton Down Hill
Seaton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX12 2JA

Open: 01/03/2022 to 30/11/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool <1 mile
 Horse Riding On Site   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <1 mile   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring <1 mile
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  43 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: August 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 8 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Claire 1 review from this member

This is our first year touring and I have to say this definitely is worth well the 6 hours it took us to get here.

The owners are really friendly and helpful, the shop has been a yes for the children who loved popping into get their treats.

Oh and have I mentioned the view…. Simply breathtaking.

We’ll be back next year

Date of Visit: May 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Johnwe 1 review from this member

The site is large with 200+ permanent pitches situated on a steepish slope overlooking Seaton and the Axe valley,

The 13 touring pitches are at the top of the slope in what, I would describe, as a long layby parking side onto the most magnificent view in all of East Devon.

The slope does require a bit of fitness to climb and the shower block is 50-100 yards down the slope.

Water taps are spread about the area and it is level walking to them and the chemical waste and rubbish area.

Date of Visit: April 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Emmspe 1 review from this member

Fantastic views, friendly and welcoming with excellent staff. Well kept site with a good shop and facilities.

We would definitely recommend for the location and play area for children.

This is a well kept working farm and children can see and feed a variety of animals.

Date of Visit: July 2020 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Becall 12 reviews from this member

Lovely views of sea, Seaton and the estuary.

Toilets and showers are fine never had to queue. Sanitizer available.

Mostly caravans which are there all year around, a few pitches along the top terrace of site.

We would return but would pitch further along as we were just above a noisy family who were constantly coming and going with noisy kids and no respect for anyone around them, didn't want to say anything to upset anyone, I imagine they are there a lot.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: MartinDn 2 reviews from this member

This site and I go back a long way! I first came here in 1957! I have the photos to prove it, although the board on the site entrance says it opened in 1959. I have always loved this site, you can't argue with one of the best views from any site in England, and what's more the view can be seen from any of the pitches on this site.

After 1957 we came here every year until 1962. In 2014 I returned and have done so every year since.

This year a new tent field is in use, just for the high season once the hay had been cut. The owners claimed it had never been used for camping before, but my 1957 photos clearly show my parents tent in that very field. It turns out that the site changed hands in 1959 when the current owners took over which maybe explains why the current owners knew nothing about the previous use of that field. Had an interesting tour around the site in the site buggy with a member of staff trying to locate the places where those photos were taken. It wasn't as easy as you might think - things have changed a lot in over 60 years.

Some things are still the same though, the view obviously and the top toilet block I remember.

As others have said, the slope makes this site difficult for those with mobility problems. The Caravan/campervan touring pitches are at the top of the site, and the toilet block further down. But is you don't mind a bit of a hill, don't need a clubhouse or amusements and enjoy simple farm sites it is one of the best.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Juliesomerset 36 reviews from this member

Very friendly staff -and great views from the touring area across the axe valley and the sea -bad bits - showers very dated -could use an overhaul, kept clean and tidy -very sloping site -lots of seasonal occupancy, my husband had a bad leg so could not walk far -no public transport outside the site - long walk into seaton and back to get a bus - area is lovely though and will return to walk the coastpath soon !

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: LornabuN 1 review from this member

Beautiful Views down to Seaton from this caravan site, which is spacious. However, we were disappointed with the toilet/shower block which looks as though it could do with modernising, though the toilets and showers all worked well. The 'hard standing' was not finished off neatly and looked rather untidy. Most of all, I was so very disappointed that there was no 'Rocky' raccoon to see at the farm, as is still advertised on their web-site. In fact 'Rocky' died several months ago!

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: KarenAlan 3 reviews from this member

What a wonderful site, we spent just over a week here with touring van in August. Great value for money all facilities included in price (no extra charge for dogs, awnings etc) Although site is large and has lots of seasonal pitches it was wonderfully quiet and friendly - a very sloping site not ideally suited for those with mobility issues but the upside of a slope is superb views of the Axe valley!

Our pitch (No11) was adequate but not huge, kids playground was centrally located and good equipment though a little far away form our pitch for adequate supervision. Showers were adequate but not gushing and the press button was quick to release so constantly re-pushing for more water. One bugbear of mine is our dogs welcome on leads but this doesn't appear to include 'site' dogs - we observed site dogs running loose, urinating up our awning and pooing on pitches - not great with kids about. Overall a superb location for exploring the jurassic coast.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: 50yearoldteenager 3 reviews from this member

A lovely campsite with beautiful views. A nice play area for the kids and an option to feed the many animals. Great places to visit with seaton beach just 4 minutes away. A little hilly and I needed to drive down to the toilet block with my disabled wife. This wasn't a problem as the manager told me I might need to do this when I booked. However, the disabled toilet door was permanently open with a yellow 'slippery floor' sign in constant use. Although there was a disabled toilet with grab bars it was also the same place where everyone emptied their chemical waste, so no elsen point so this I find disgusting! There were no disabled showers and when I spoke to the manager he said that we could use one of the family showers located at the back of either the male or female toilets. I told him that my wife is disabled and needs me to help her so I asked him which should we use. He looked a little confused then said we should use the ladies. I told him I didn't want to upset anybody with me having to enter the ladies block so he changed his mind and said use the men's. I didn't want my wife to have to pass the urinals just inside so had to take her into the ladies. It was embarrassing having to apologise and explain why I was entering the ladies block to several people inside. Fortunately they were very understanding. Unfortunately, due to the situation my wife chose not to use them again and had to make do with a basic strip wash in our small caravan. The machines in the small laundry were mostly out of service and after I had deposited my money they would not work. I spoke to the manager again who said he'd be straight down. 25 minutes later I had to return as he still hadn't turned up. I asked for my money back and took my washing down to seaton. The website says disabled facilities which I consider to be beyond a joke. Oh and the grey water disposal was a small drain hole outside the laundry which meant that the area was always wet with dirty water. I wish I could upload some pictures but am new to the site and don't know whilst writing this if it is possible. Would we return? No we wouldn't. Would we recommend this site. Maybe, providing you do not have a disabled member in your party.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Coffee 5 reviews from this member

Great location, friendly staff, lovely views, pets corner was well worth a visit. The tram from seaton to colyford well worth a ride, excellent. However my concerns were the temperature of the showers! it is one of those push it and get a timed water flow. I pushed it about 5 times to get warm water and then covered in soap pressed again the water was so hot I left and continued my shower in my van. Also, campers are told to clear up after their dogs which I totally agree with, but, with 4 site dogs running freely who cleans up after them??? I found 3 piles. Chemical toilet disposal is what should be the disabled toilet/shower. Grey water disposal is via a 4 inch square drain hole next to a water run off down pipe.

Previous     43 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Manor Farm Caravan Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Manor Farm Caravan Site?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Manor Farm Caravan Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Seaton      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Devon (South)

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally 02/07 to 03/07
An amazing fun weekend for all the family, with camping and caravanning on site from Friday to Monday - Save £15 on tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022