Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!!
Take five minutes to win £150 of Amazon vouchers. If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances!
1) friendly owner who answered emails and was keen to be helpful and provide free WIFI etc when we arrived
2) only 3 touring pitches meant showers and toilets were free most of the time
3) large play area for children ( and could exercise your dog there too)
4) location of the watermill is beautiful and lovely to look at
1) only three touring pitches - all the rest are now statics of which a fair few people were living permanently on - so behind our pitch we had a family using power tools to build their decking
2) the toilet and showers were every basic and were not cleaned the whole time we were there - the ladies really stank and the soles of my sandals smelt vile so not great. There was no toilet roll or handwash in the toilets and they were part of the old mill so very spidery and cold. You wouldn't want to wash your children in these showers!
3)the washing up area was huge but the water was stone cold so useless
4)nowhere to walk the dog off lead in this very rural area - large fishing lake nearby but he had to stay on the lead. Walking there we ran the gamut of about 6 dogs all out in their front yards - barking and straining to get at us - not great.
It's tricky to review this because in some ways people living in statics around you are mostly quieter than touring pitches with music, barbecues and kids running round. However we felt a bit out of place. The location was lovely and the owner very friendly but the facilities were dirty and well under par. If you want a stop off and you've got your own facilities probably worth a punt but not a base for a holiday or tent campers to be honest. Wouldn't go back.
Friendly helpful site with hedged pitches. Shop butcher and baker in nearby village. Close to huge fishing lake with a trout stream running through the site. Great for an overnight from Calais as it is only 10 minutes away from the A26. Great for an extended stay as there is lots to see. Very dog friendly with good walks.
Write a Review of this Site to Win a £150 Amazon Voucher!
Write a review of this campsite and you could win £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances!
Is Camping Le Moulin De Mametz child friendly? YES, it accepts children & has a playground View all facilities
Where is the nearest shop to Camping Le Moulin De Mametz? There is a shop within 1 mile View all facilities
You can now follow UKCampsite.co.uk on Facebook! Keep abreast of the latest news and updates much more easily. Simply click here then click on the Like button!
All reviews and comments are the personal opinion of the review author only , and as such do not represent the view of the UK Camp Site.co.uk.
The facilities shown on this website are a guide only, and you should check with the campsite direct before making any booking. The UKCampsite.co.uk will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions