Visitor Reviews - Lady Willington Camping And Caravan Park Certificated Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Shropshire > Whitchurch > Lady Willington Camping And Caravan Park Certificated Site Reviews

Lady Willington Camping And Caravan Park Certificated Site

No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 No Beach   Watersports 10 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents.

Reviews:

Date of Visit: February 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Helen Robo 6 reviews from this member

Just spent 2 nights on this site, it's in a lovely location and the owners were very nice, we had a drive into Whitchurch which is only 6 miles away and then a lovely walk to nearby Hamner and a pint in the pub! The only issue was the pitches were advertised as fully serviced, so I expected water, waste and electric on the pitch especially paying 25 per night in low season. But unfortunately they weren't, so queuing for the one toilet and one shower was a pain especially as I expected to be using my own facilities. I asked Pamela (owner) about the wording on the website and she said that the caravan and camping club inspect the site every year and had advised her on the wording and she thought the pitches were fully serviced. I would recommend the site, very quiet and immaculate toilet etc but don't expect fully serviced pitches.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Littlelyn 1 review from this member

Moved to this site at short notice as the site I had booked did not have the internet that was vital for me to keep in touch with my business, the signal here was superb, as were the toilet & shower, both spotless. Owner's came over to meet us which was a nice touch. Lots of dog friendly places & walks in the area, but the best for us was a lucky find just a few miles from the site at Hanmer Lake, through a small woods then the lake for a swim, post office on green sold ice creams too!

Thank you Lady Willington.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Rennay 3 reviews from this member

My husband and I have just returned from 4nights at this lovely 5van site, the owners Richard and Pamela made us very welcome and were never too busy for a chat, the rural location is very peaceful with horses and sheep in the fields. The amenities are housed in a brick building with one shower and toilet, washer and dryer, microwave, ironing board, kettle and hairdryer, always kept very clean. Willington Lodge is a short way down a lane but is within good distance of lots of places to visit. We really enjoyed our stay and will hope to return soon.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bigmark 18 reviews from this member

Left it to the wife to book this one as it was her turn LOL.

I knew by the web site that it was going to be a small compact site so upon arrival there was no surprises there.

I did pull onto the house driveway by mistake and soon found out that the caravan entrance is the next gate on the left just passed the big house. Fortunately it was a massive driveway so my twin axle caravan had no problems getting back out.

The pitches are gravel and are level. Water and electric hook up all to hand. Owners were lovely and chatted if you wanted to chat. Their house is massive and lovely.

The site is a new venture and it can only get better I'm sure. Only having one toilet and shower is tricky. I'm a morning type of guy so when I had to queue to use the toilet and go straight in after a bloke, Well its never pleasant is it. But my face as I came out and a young lady was waiting after me I felt I needed to explain that it was not just me but a guy before me. Well I didn't and scurried off to my van.

The waste recycle area needs a tad more thought as there was a bit of overspill going on there and I was not sure about the chemical waste point. The grey water point was over in the corner of the field and there was two points there so that's where my chemical waste went also. I do hope I got that right.

Make sure you have supplies as the nearest shop by walking is Hanmer and is about 2 miles. Failing that its a drive into Whitchurch.

I was confused about the address though as it says Shropshire and I'm sure we were over the border in Wales.

I would just like to say to those with dogs. Especially the ones in motorhomes that like to have Two Loud Hairy Yapping dogs with their grandchildren playing with them at 7am that not everyone likes to be awake at that time so a tad bit of consideration would not go amiss. And when granny tells you to take your hoody off just do as your told please.

All in all a lovely brief stay and look forward to a return visit soon.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Vanoholic 2 reviews from this member

Not at all as advertised!

The site was was overbooked and therefore overcrowded - at least a dozen caravans 'shoe horned' in (plus tents) meant that it was noisy and uncomfortable. The one and only toilet was 'well used' to put it politely.

The electrics tripped several times as overloaded.

The site itself was very pretty and the owners friendly enough but the sheer number of caravans, tents and people completely spoiled it for us, as a family. Our kids had trouble sleeping with all the noise.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mary chappell 1 review from this member

Have just spent a week on this site - first week in March. What a find this site is. Pamela and Richard were really helpful. Nothing too much trouble. Toilet block super with lots of hot water including laundry facilities. All caravan/camper pitches are fully serviced. A really convenient site to explore this part of Wales with plenty of things to see and lovely walking.

The caravan field is adjacent to a field with horses and sheep with black new born lambs at this time of year. There are also a couple of peacocks which were fun to watch. Lovely and peaceful.

There is also on site facilities for bed and breakfast and although we did not stay we had a cooked breakfast on a couple of occasions which was terrific. We also chatted to other couples who stayed in the bed and breakfast who said the rooms were terrific.

There is a pub in the village just up the road with small shops selling newspapers and a post office. All in all a great site. We will be back

Date of Visit: December 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Terencej 2 reviews from this member

We stayed on the site between Boxing day and New Year, having visited previously to check out the site. On both occasions we received a very warm welcome from hosts Pam & Richard. Just after our arrival Pam bought us some delicious home made mince pies and provided us with information about the area. I concur with the comments from Shawthing, plus the fact that it is a nice quiet site to relax and chill. Our thank to Pam & Richard.

Date of Visit: December 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Shawthing 4 reviews from this member

We thought we would have a trip out before Christmas and chose this new site which is just fifteen minutes from where we store our caravan in Shropshire. As small 5 van sites go its a good one, all hard stand level pitches with 16 amp hook ups. It nicely located for visiting much of North Wales and Shropshire and beyond. It has a small toilet and shower room which is kept immaculate along with washing up, fridge freezer, washing and drying machine, microwave, hairdrier, etc. The hosts are helpful and very pleasant. All in all a good place for a stop off or to take some time to explore the area. Theres more than a good chance we will go again.

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Shropshire

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire