Visitor Reviews - Bunkorama

Barmouth
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL42 1DX
Tel: 01341 281134  or  07738 467196

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Tent Pitches   No Caravans   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Dog Walk

Reviews:

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tomsoanes 2 reviews from this member

Visited this site in June 2017, & other than the weather being amazing (!) this campsite is perfect. Great location with amazing views to wake up to, great site facilities and ideal location (fun 20min walk to the town/beach).

Couldn't fault it, many thanks for a great stay!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fatsam47 2 reviews from this member

I stayed for 3 nights with my wife and daughter. There was only one other tent there during our stay so very quiet. Fantastic views across the valley from site. The showers and toilets are new and we're always spotless. Outside tap also for fresh filtered mountain water.

We used the footpath to get to Barmouth, it's about 30 mins walk that way and very steep as you come down the hillside into town so be prepared. By car it's 5 mins down the road, though parking in the town can be a pain. Loads of shops, cafes, pubs etc. In town and beach very close. There are also paths up into the hills behind the house where are there are some fantastic panoramic views.

There is little to do on the site, other than relax, which suited us fine. Cost was 15 a night and the owners were very friendly and helpful. I'd strongly recommend this site if you want a quiet location with the Snowdonia national park on your doorstep.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jools123 1 review from this member

Stayed for 3 nights in the middle of August with my young son. When We arrived at the site there were no other campers and as it was a bit late in the day I decided to treat us to a stay in the bunkhouse. And at just 26 for the 2 of us I thought it was very god value - I've quite often paid more to pitch my tent on some sites.

The bunkhouse bedroom was lovely and cosy, obviously sparsely furnished ie 2 bunkbeds plus a heater (I think) but it was all very clean and the beds and bedding looked brand new.

The kitchen / relaxation area was really lovely, loads of utensils, kettle, microwave, fridge etc. And the view from the window was an added bonus on a summers evening. The toilets and showers for the bunks / camping was brand new and spotlessly clean also.

I then pitched my tent for the remaining two nights. You have to leave your car in the car park but it wasn't really a problem as its only a few yards away. My son had a lovely time playing with 2 other young children who were staying On the campsite, as well as playing with Owain - a really friendly collie dog who lives at the camp site.

The view from the camping field across to the other side of the estuary is beautiful- the north side of the Cadair Idris ridge and the little seaside village of Fairbourne.

I followed the path down into barmouth on my last evening. It did take us longer than the 20 minutes it said on the map - but this may have been due to walking with my 7 year old son! It's a lovely walk - though I decided to get a taxi back later, which cost 6.

Graham the owner was really friendly and helpful - assisting me with putting my pop up tent down on my last day!

This is a lovely site - it's quite different to most of the sites in the north barmouth area, which tend to have organised entertainment, bars, cafes etc. But it's not trying to compete with these type of sites. But although it's marketed at walkers / backpackers etc there's no reason why anyone who's just looking for a quiet site with beautiful views would be disappointed staying here.

I've been coming to barmouth since I was a young child but it hasn't changed enormously- no McDonald's or Starbucks - thankfully. Love the harbour area, great pizzas and beer at Isis.

I'm looking forward to coming back to Barmouth before not too long And I will definitely be returning to Bunkorama.

Save to Virtual Brochure  Add this Site to your Virtual Brochure                                Share  Google Plus  Email Link  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Other sites within 10 miles   -    All Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Three sets of AutoSock Car Snow Socks to be won Win a Weeks Holiday at Stafford Moor Fishery

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 19th to 24th Feb, NEC
See the latest ranges of motorhomes, caravans, holiday homes, tents, awnings and accessories ...more