Visitor Reviews - Quex Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Quex Caravan Park

Fishing   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport

Reviews:  18 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kensingtongreen 38 reviews from this member

We've just spent two very peaceful and quiet nights at this rural site. Very friendly staff and good toilet facilities. They might be a bit stretched if the site is full. 23 pn for two including electricity

Not sure what all the fuss was, about the access road (see previous reviews). Yes, it's a bit narrow but driven with care is no worse than many others. Far worse in our view was the fact that walking anywhere on the roads outside is quite dangerous given the lack of pavements and the narrow roads. The walk into Birchington is dull and along the road but mainly on the verge but the walk to Quex Park verges (excuse the pun!)on the life-threatening! Traffic travels very fast and there is no verge or pavement at all. We walked there but booked a cab back.

The site is well laid out and mostly lightly wooded which is fine unless you want to use a satellite dish. The staff were most helpful in allocating us a pitch which was mainly clear of trees.

An enjoyable stay all round.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kiwi1Adventures 9 reviews from this member

Quex Park is another of those sites where you are just itching to get there but for all the wrong reasons. The road there is awful. Eyes on stilts for the last part of the drive. No idea what would have happened if we had meet someone coming the other way fully laden. Once there you are left to your own devices. Everything was spec and span, trim and proper and we were lucky with the weather too. It was another one of these sites where there always seemed to be a tractor going about its business, whatever that was but don't hold me to that we may have just hit a bad spot in the week. It is also a site that everyone seems to leave rather than stay, excluding those in statics who have probably seen everything in the local area already. It was a bit of a toss up between staying on site thinking now what? Or risking life and limb on yet another not fit for purpose road. With the latter prevailing and speed well under 60mph we headed to Broadstairs, a beautiful beach.

This is a lovely site totally let down by the surrounding infrastructure. The nearby beaches are fantastic and there is the Spitfire Museum in Manston. There are so many wonderful things to do nearby if you don't mind a bit of angst when driving. In hindsight I would love to come back, in reality as exciting as the events in the area are the thought of popping over for the weekend leaves me cold. Let me know when they have improved the road.

Date of Visit: November 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lynette09 3 reviews from this member

Needed a hardstanding for my motorhome and they were so helpful and friendly. The one toilet block that was in use (Winter Hours) was WARM and clean with plenty of hot water. I am 5'7' and found the showers fine. Quiet. Fresh water and hook up in easy reach. I would certainly use this site again. There was a road nearby but did not worry us at this time of year. As it was the end of the season, not all the facilities were open but they told us that beforehand.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Doverover 19 reviews from this member

Two things to say about this site really:

1. It is like stepping back in time

2. Would definitely stay there again.

Pre-booked for the bank holiday weekend and the lady said that we would be the last one's in that weekend so thought it would be packed. When we left 5 days later the two adjacent pitches hadn't been occupied the whole time so no problems with overcrowding. I must say that the shower cubicles were tiny, I'm 5'6' and I had to duck my head to get under the shower, however, plenty of hot water & clean.

Plenty of places to visit locally. We did the Turner Contemporary on Margate seafront. Hmmmmm is about all I can say. Maybe I'm just not educated.

Back to the site, we enjoyed a quiz afternoon in the cafe/veranda, a good laugh was had by all.

We did, by choice, park under the huge trees there. In retrospect probably a mistake, it wasn't just the gunge that I had to wash off when we came home but the nuts that kept landing on the roof - we thought they were coming through!

Overall a nice site.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Julieblackstock 3 reviews from this member

Arrived here on a Sunday. We had booked. After we paid the balance we were told to go and choose any pitch we liked. Lovely idea. The pitches are generous and each separated by a little fence with nice plants. The site has lots of trees so feels like you are in a wood.

When we arrived I used the loo and found it was a bit untidy so I was a bit worried. But I went back a couple of hours later and everything was spotless. And it was cleaned regularly. The showers were nice and hot, I didn't find the cubicles particularly small and I'm not petite. The push button thing was a bit annoying but better than paying for them. There are 4 showers, 6 cubicles and 4 sinks (in Ladies) and a handy free hair dryer. Three washing up sinks outside and a laundry room. You could hire an iron. There was an ironing board available.

Had breakfast in the cafe which was nice. We sat outside with the dogs. The shop is part of the cafe and stocks the basics plus items like bbq lighters, wind breakers and citronella candles.

It is child and dog friendly. It has a policy of quiet between 11 pm and 7 am and people kept to this.

The only thing people may not like is the fact that its by a very busy road which is constantly busy except in the early hours. We didn't find it a problem but some people might.

I enjoyed my stay here and would use again if in the area.

My only other gripe is not about the site-just some other people there. My partner left his shower gel in the cubicle. And I left the washing up liquid. Both of these items had been taken when we went back for them!

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kaz+Rich 4 reviews from this member

Another one of our last minute bookings so we were happy to take pot luck and on this occasion it was well repaid.

Upon arrival we were told to wander round and make sure it was what we wanted and which site we wanted. We simply drove on, chose a site, parked, hooked up and all was sorted. We paid after all that and they were so lovely.

The on site cafe seems to do a fair range of 'caff' style food ie eggs and bacon, beef burgers and chips. The store was limited to packet, frozen and tinned goods.

Toilets and showers were in a glorified portable cabin made to look like a real building and therefore somewhat bijoux. Everything was clean and tidy just short on space. Not sure how a Mum would shower with her kids! Lack of hanging space in the shower.

We thought this was a lovely site but the road noise is noticeable at certain times of the day however it did not detract from the overall good experience.

Previous     18 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Win a Atera STRADA DL 2 Tilting Bike Carrier worth 457.50 Win a 7 night holiday at Lee Valley Campsite, near London!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 16th to 19th August, E Yorks
World's biggest tribute band festival. Family friendly. Discounted tickets and a chance to win some ...more