Reviews of Walton On Thames Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > Surrey > Walton On Thames > Walton On Thames Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Walton On Thames Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Fieldcommon Lane
Walton On Thames
Surrey   (Browse area)
KT12 3QG
Tel: 01932 220392

Open: 04/07/2020 to 02/11/2020
           01/04/2021 to 02/11/2021

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Families Welcome   Club Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 No Toilets   No Showers   No Washing Up Area   No Bathroom
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 No Shop   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

This is a club member only site - you may be able to join on site - please check direct with the site

Reviews:  20 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

We are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. We don't have toilets. We don't have showers. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: September 2020 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: RichardJCB 14 reviews from this member

Surprisingly tranquil and quiet, as Hampton Court is just an hours walk away.

The facilities were not open during our stay, due to the coronavirus. There is a nature reserve adjacent to the site. There are no pubs or shops in the immediate vicinity.

The nearest train station (Hersham) is 30 mins walk, providing fregular trains to Waterloo (30 mins). The Thames path provides good walking and cycling.

A good base for exploring London, especially the west and centre.

Date of Visit: August 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Manphill 4 reviews from this member

Used this site whilst treating our children to a day in Chessington, brill location, well maintained, very friendly staff.

Grass areas well kept

Good solid hardstanding pitches

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: KECMA 11 reviews from this member

The other reviews have covered most of the main points about facilities and location. A very handy site for visits to London and for us to visit relatives in the surrounding areas. This site has grown on us over the years we have stored our caravan there. It has never been too busy for us, the wardens have been very helpful and friendly and the site is very well maintained. It feels very rural and relaxing and there is so much to see and do nearby. We see a few different sites in a year because we also have a motorhome but it feels like a second home to arrive on this site and have our caravan sitting on the pitch, just needing a few small chores before sitting down viewing the surroundings and planning the days ahead. Thanks to wardens Peter and Tracy.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Jonniebosh 2 reviews from this member

Had a very peaceful 7 days here with the grand children, plenty for them to do nice walks and a child friendly play ground.

Bit of a walk to bus stop for bus to Hampton court but all part of the fun. It has been mentioned before, the WiFi really is useless if that is important to you. The site is very well kept and staff extremely helpful and friendly. We visit our grand children 2 to 3 times a year and find this site a perfect place to stay. Will be back in Sept 2015.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Gazrow 5 reviews from this member

Just stayed on this CCC site at Walton on Thames for 6 nights in my Terra Nova Super Quasar tent with accompanying Terra Nova Adventure 2 Tarp. An excellent stay and I'll definitely be visiting again.

NOTE - This site does not have toilet and bathroom facilities of any kind whatsoever. There are water taps, chemical disposal point and waste bins by the gate. Repeat - No Loos. :-)

The site is quite lovely in its position by the Thames. There's direct access to the river, but only for the length of the site as its securely fenced off at each end. The grass is well groomed and roads around the site are well tarmacced. Trees separate various camping areas form pleasant barriers to the campers on the site. I had a very isolated area to myself and was pleased for it.

On the opposite side of the river is a water treatment plant and the sprays could be heard most of the time, if you cocked your ear to it. During the day aircraft from Heathrow could be seen and heard, but I didn't find it to be intrusive. I had the best week's sleep I've ever had in a tent, sleeping in to 9 am on most days. Maybe this was helped by me returning to the site after 11pm every night from my trips into the centre of London.

There's WiFi on the site, but once again as I've found on most CCC sites the coverage is dreadful. I think the CCC have a cheek to charge for such poor cover. If you haven't got direct line of site to the Information Centre, there is no wifi. Morning and night I'd sit in the info centre to collect emails.

I chose to pay for electric and was lucky enough to be camped next to a lighting beacon that was switched off. Those lights are a bloody nuisance, but I was OK this time.

The main wooden gates of the site had to opened and closed on entry and exit, which is a hell of a burden for a solo occupant of a car, but as it prevents travellers from moving in, I'm happy to endure the inconvenience.

A major attraction of the site is its proximity to London. Two nearby rail stations, Hersham at 0. 9 miles and Walton On Thames at 1. 9 miles. I chose to use Walton all the time in spite of the 6. 50 a day, free on Sunday, charges. My reasons for this are it has a very good and well lit car park with space at all times. Secondly, late night trains seemed much more frequent to Walton and that is very valuable to me. Trains from Walton to Waterloo were very frequent indeed. With my Railcard and returning after 5pm the train return cost 6. 00. Adding a full area Tube, bus and DLR took the total to just 9. 20. Quite the best bargain for site accommodation and transport in the London area.

Whilst I was there, another camper mentioned the CCC Crystal Palace site with its direct access from to site to Parliament. That'll be worth trying in future.

The site shop has very limited stock, but the second road on the left takes you to a well stocked shop.

Hope this is useful.

Gary

Date of Visit: November 2012 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: 3narf 9 reviews from this member

Great! Nice, big site with minimal facilities. I stayed here on and off for roughly 3 months in late summer - autumn.

Staff are friendly and helpful, the lane is teeming with verdant hedgerows ripe for plunder (apples, sloes, brambles) in late summer, and failing that there's a corner shop nearby. Hampton Court is about 3 miles away.

It's now open again after the winter so I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Tony t bone 10 reviews from this member

This site is great. We were met on arrival by a very helpful, happy go lucky chap who asked us what sort of pitch we would like then he accommodated us.

A well kept site with short cut grass that didn't get all over the van. As already has been stated previously, there are no toilets or showers on site. This is why I bought a van with its own facilities!

The site is on the flight path to Heathrow Airport and some aircraft noise was obviously heard but this didn't go on all night and I cant say it bothered us really. Superb dog walk, probably the best one I've ever come across.

Access to site is via a very narrow single track road. Keep to the AM depart and PM arrive advice and you shouldn't have a problem. This is an excellent site and I have already decided to stay again next year.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Iainmack 3 reviews from this member

We had a really nice weekend here the site is very clean, we travelled into London by train on Saturday which Walton train station was only 5 min drive from the site with plenty of parking.

The staff were very nice there is plenty of walks around the site too,

The only downside is the road to the site is quite narrow and if there is someone coming the other way you will have a problem, so get someone to walk to the end of the road first, but on a plus side it does slow people down!

We will be visiting this one again in the near future

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Qsbuilder 19 reviews from this member

A really nice club site, so peaceful and relaxing. There is a bus service about 10 minutes walk away which can take you into Kingston in one direction or Chertsey in the other. Hampton Court is a short drive away.

The entrance to the site is down a long single track road accessed through a housing estate, so it's imperative to avoid arriving before 12 noon

The site warden, although initially friendly, did annoy me somewhat by interrogating me as to whether I was working from the caravan.Just because I was using an external 19kg gas cylinder and had a hi-vis jacket in my car. He tried to get me to disconnect the gas bottle but as I am unaware of any club rule forbidding such external cylinders I compromised by disguising it with green bags. Apparently his reason was that children could tamper with it.

This attitude did tend to spoil my break somewhat, but I would definitely return and highly recommend this site for those who are content to use their own on-board sanitary facilities

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Suecaswell 1 review from this member

This was our second visit to this lovely site, staying for only 3 nights whilst visiting Legoland.

The site is quiet, given its close to airport. And the Parakeets put on a beautiful display every evening which the kids and I loved.

I didn't take my dog this time, but will next time as the dog walk across the river was lovely.

The staff were very helpful and kid and the other campers were really friendly.

I would definitely recommend this site to others and will be going back again.

Previous     20 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Walton On Thames Camping And Caravanning Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Is Walton On Thames Camping And Caravanning Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Walton On Thames      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Surrey