Visitor Reviews - The Inside Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Blandford Forum > The Inside Park Reviews

The Inside Park
Fairmile Road
Blandford Forum
Dorset   (Browse area)
DT11 0HG

Open: Easter/1 April To 31 October

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 Beach 10 miles   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  200 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Boatysteve 1 review from this member

The site itself is located in a nice rural area but only a short distance from the main town of Blandford Forum just off of the main roads of the A354 and the A350.

Pitches on the site are set in a park and can be either out in the open or shaded by trees and woodland.

There is a large play area for the younger ones and lots of woodland walks for our four legged friends.

The on site shop is quite small but had everything we needed during our stay laundry and shower facilities we didn't use as we prefer our caravan but we did take advantage of the great washing up area which can be a bit cramped in a caravan.

Loved this place so much we've left our van here in storage for ease of use.

Great friendly staff and even offer a caravan cleaning service which we took advantage of.

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Daves mate 18 reviews from this member

Been on our radar for a few years this one. We used to visit Dorset a lot but since they tarted Weymouth up for the 2012 Olympics it's become a very expensive area for camping/caravanning. However, when Mrs DM said she fancied Dorset for our Easter trip this year I said don't worry, I know just the place.

It's a lovely setting, surrounded by trees and very natural. If rows of regimented hardstanding pitches is your thing then you'll hate it. There's no hardstanding, there's an order to the pitches but as long as your unit is central to the marker post there's really no more rules to how you should pitch which adds to the natural feeling of the site.

There's a big, very well equipped play area which keeps the young uns entertained til dusk. It can be a bit noisy if you're pitched near the play area but its amazing how quiet the site gets once the play area is locked at dusk. The site was also quiet throughout the night until we were waken very peacefully by the dawn chorus. There's not a lot to keep the teenagers entertained (a problem we find on most campsites to be fair) there's an ambitiously titled "games room" with a pool table and table football but that's about it.

The toilet/shower block is of a decent standard and was always clean when I visited, although the showers could be a bit more powerful they're plentiful enough with a decent supply of hot water.

The bins on site were always full when I went to put something in them although I did see the guy on his tractor towing bins around so must get emptied at some point.

Pricewise it's not too bad for Dorset but we have been to places in other areas with a lot more facilities for similar money.

Blandford Forum is a nice little town with a couple of pubs and some nice shops with a very reasonably priced car park. There's also a Morrison's and a Tesco. Weymouth and Poole are within easy reach as are Portland and Purbeck, Corfe castle is lovely and well worth a visit.

I think I can safely say this is our new favourite spot in Dorset, although we don't find camping in Dorset particularly good value for money compared to the rest of the country. If you want arcades, bingo and party bands this isn't the place for you. However, if recharging your batteries in a lovely peaceful setting is what you're after then you won't go far wrong with The Inside Park.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Nuevoboy 73 reviews from this member

We spent 3 nights here on our return from the IOW and enjoyed the site. Although there are no hardstanding pitches, the hot dry weather meant there were no issues.

Although a very large site, we felt the siting of the pitches meant some were very close together and people were having to weave in and out of them to get to the shower blocks.

We tried one of the mapped woodland walks on our first evening but were rather confused with the signing and had a struggle to get back on site!

Facilities were fine; slightly dated but plentiful, so no queuing even when full, which it was on the Friday night and when we left on Saturday morning the site resembled a large festival, with tents seemingly everywhere and the excellent play area taken full advantage of.

It was handy for cycling to the lovely villages around, although somewhat hilly and Blandford Forum had everything one would wish for in a pleasant market town.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Homebird2003 16 reviews from this member

Our caravan is stored here so we took advantage of the tow on/tow off service. We hadn't used our caravan since last September so had it washed by a member of staff before we arrived - it was pristine, well worth paying to have it done.

The grounds of the site were lush and extremely well kept. Birdsong is not just the dawn chorus but most of the day too which is lovely. At first we felt a little overcrowded around our pitch but everyone was pleasant and kept to the quiet at 11pm rule.

Woodland walks are great and I got lost a few times but the trees have coloured arrows on them so I soon got back on track.

A very pleasant site.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Yogitrish 3 reviews from this member

Lovely site no traffic noise as set down a little lane (easy access). Nice man showed us to pitch & gave us an option to move to another one which we did.

Great playground for kids(we didn't have any) & all the kids played together even after park closed at night. Facilities were excellent and kept clean.

Never had to queue for loo or shower. The staff were friendly but not in your face they left you to get on with your hols. It was nice that half the campsite is a no dog area.

On site map the pitches at the back were on a slope so wouldn't recommend them in a tent! We were on no 9 which was close to loos etc and was good, close to water & rubbish too.

Ladies take a hairdryer as the ones in showers were useless! This is a beautiful site with lots of walks directly off.

We would go again, thoroughly recommended especially for families

Reviewer: Kiwi1Adventures 12 reviews from this member

All opinions and observations are intended to be taken in a light hearted fashion and should you have trouble with that feel free to stop reading now. If you decide to continue reading the author takes no responsibility for any damages etc etc. (Especially whether Pizzas on Saturday are available during your visit.)

The Inside Park has been reviewed in the past and I shan't say how great the facilities are, or how spacious the pitches are or how laid back it is as this has already been said. I agree with one reviewer from July 2015 saying that 'pitch creep' could be an issue due to the aforementioned laid backness, but give and take, live and let live. If your neighbour has 12m instead of 10m and you are in a pup tent does it really matter.

I can see why people love this site, they get to leave their caravans on site in storage and have them pitched up when before they arrive. Fantastic, but when you are there for a week it's like camping in a parking lot. Sunday everyone leaves and come Monday out comes the tractor. Take that one off there, put that one on over there all morning, you would think that after Monday this would be the end of it, but it is like it all week long. I think most people overcome this by getting the heck off site as fast as possible and going somewhere. Now lets talk about that.

Firstly I would shudder to think what would happen meeting a fully laden caravan coming towards me if I were going the other way towing one too. That said don't arrive before midday and that will reduce the chances, whilst bearing in mind it is so bad that most owners abandon their units to storage rather than risk it. (Personal opinion and not validated by any form of rigorous scientific investigation. )

There is a couple of miles where you are on the edge of your seat hoping that nothing is coming the other way, and hope you must.

Driving in this area is impatient to say the least. I knew it would only be time before we saw someone in a ditch, but every other day for a week, that beats the M25 and remember this is a site that you get away from, unless you are only there for 23 hours over a weekend and there is just time for a beer then dinner (Pizza on Saturdays) after setting up then its a lazy drink into the late evening, a very sunny site then it's time to wake up, pack up and hope you don't meet someone coming the other way as you leave before 11am.

If staying longer, within half an hour to an hours drive, there is lot's to do as you dice with death on the roads. The Tank museum, watch out for tanks and deer. Yes deer, they get startled by tanks and run onto the road.

There's Studland Bay and Old Harry's Rocks, perfect for some wow moments and Corfe Castle and the Swanage old steam railway from Norden Park to Swanage, loads more wow moments. There is also a brewery tour nearby and a TESCOs with petrol station.
Given this site is near the New Forest the cycle trail and wooded area aren't actually reasons for coming here so why would you. Well it is a beautiful site in the evenings. There are loads of activities near by, loads of space and it is relaxed.

No one has a tape measure out checking you are 6. 0m away. Would I come back? Yes definitely. When? After visiting the other 64 sites on my to do list, be sure to add The Inside Park to yours and continue reading other exciting reviews about shower blocks, sloping pitches, children's playground, indoor games room and value for money.

Reviewer: Homebird2003 16 reviews from this member

Due to ill health we wanted somewhere to 'store and pitch' our caravan. We chose The Inside Park for location and based on the reviews.

We were not disappointed. The site is about half a mile from the main road, approached along a tree lined lane opening into a tidy and pleasant reception/shop area where the games room and toilet blocks are.

There is a small camping area nearby for about 6 units and a roadway leading to the other parts. Everywhere is surrounded by bushes and trees, all very well kept. We asked for a tucked away pitch and got just that.

There is plenty of choice - either in the main bowl (perfect description from previous reviewers) or in smaller enclosures. Pitches aren't marked out as such, the numbered post marks the centre of the pitch and you are free to arrange your unit whichever way you please. It rained heavily most of the time we were there but the ground coped very well and did not turn to mud.

The games room was well used, not only for games but for free wifi and there was a book exchange and a large display of information leaflets. The woods are great for dog walking and for children to safely play in. You can get a leaflet with walks around the area. We tried one which took us past the sheep fields and Alpacas.

The ladies toilet block was in two parts so facilities could be accessed even when being cleaned. The showers had little seats, there are cubicles with sinks, and a hairdryer. My husband said the showers in the gents were very good.

The wash up was undercover and very clean, leading onto a laundry area where you can watch some nesting birds on a tv. There is also a useful folder of take away menus and a payphone.

Although pathways had lighting it was dark at night with no traffic noise so very peaceful. Each area of the site had bins, including recycling, nicely enclosed by wooden fences and there are plenty of taps. The staff often pottered around picking up litter and the bins were emptied regularly.

All in all a great site.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tubby Girl 4 reviews from this member

I have been camping at The Inside Park for years now and have not found a more peaceful and beautiful place. The staff are very helpful and the facilities are great. If you want a true hide away from the outside world, then this is the place for you.

There are bench/tables dotted around which you can use, and the facilities for the kids are fab.

My sister also camped next door and for the first year, we didn't have our children with us.

We went out of high season and we were amazed how quiet and restful it was. Roll on next year to come back again.

Reviewer: Mikey01 3 reviews from this member

“Lovely site, spoilt. ”

A nice site, set within a wooded area. It is not at all flat, so levelling can be tricky (you might need blocks to 'lengthen' your van steadies). It has a large play area, a games room, wifi near the reception, a well stocked shop and good toilets facilities; the shower cubicles are quite large!

We chose it for a summer holiday 'grandkid minding' stay, because of the reasonable price, the play area and being within an hour's drive of; Longleat, the Fleet Air Arm museum, the Jurassic Coast and Bournemouth.

Back to my headline - lovely site, spoilt. By irresponsible campers!

I was surprised to see this site allows so many large groups, some of 4, 5 or 6 pitches. The adults did not seem to take any note of what their children were doing, (I suggest you also avoid pitches near the play area) - as all the groups did!

Parents were not controlling their kids, or giving them any guidance in communal living - well at least I hope this is the case and it was not the adults - toilets, both male and female (so my wife tells me) were not flushed, washing up sinks were left with food and debris (see pics), and as staff closed the play are at 9pm, wild running games then took place, one night it got particular nasty - a bullying, name calling incident occurred and needed campsite staff intervention - no sign of any parents!

The kids were noisy, with little or no consideration for other campers or for those with young children, who might have been heading for bed. They were running or riding bikes close to caravans, with no consideration of the 'mains hook-up' tripping hazard or the 'live' cables.

Dogs, would bark late into the night.

Come on, I thought people camped because they liked the experience - if you cannot be considerate of others, please sell your kit and pack up!

I note all the 'excellent' reviews were written out of school holidays - I suggest you avoid this site at this time of year.

Room Tip: top end of site, well away from the play area

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Karavanner 14 reviews from this member

I stayed here for two days whilst on a course in Blandford. I chose the site for its proximity to Blandford, so that I could cycle in, and I could not have been more pleased! There is a mainly off road track all the way, although I cannot vouch for some of the sections in poor weather!It took about 15 minutes. There is also a mountain bike trail around the site, and it is close to the North Dorset Trailway.

The site itself is beautiful. I was conveniently pitched close to the entrance and amenities, near the MH point. There is a large open bowl, and smaller, tucked away areas. There are numerous picnic benches available for everyone to use.

The children's play area is great, and there are sections designated for dog owners, or dog free. There is also an indoor 'play' room, with table-tennis, pool, free wifi and local information.

The toilets and showers are clean and easily controlled, and the wash-up area is also housed with laundry facilities under cover.

The reception was shut when I arrived, but there were clear instructions about where to pitch, and a phone if required. Although I did not need it, I noticed another camper asking for assistance out of hours and someone arrived almost straight away.

The staff could not have been more helpful. This site is a real gem, and I will definitely return!

Previous     200 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Dorset

Win a £299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over £205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire