Reviews of The Dalesbridge Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Settle > The Dalesbridge Campsite Reviews

The Dalesbridge Campsite
Austwick
Settle
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
LA2 8AZ

Open: 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar On Site   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <1 mile
 No Beach   Watersports <10 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  106 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Date of Visit: November 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Extended family
Reviewer: Billyboo 6 reviews from this member

Lovely site.

Quiet at this time of year.

Lovely views.

Quite a walk to the toilets.

Pub is a nice touch and don’t forget to order pizzas !

Nice you can have camp fires.

Shop and pubs not to far away and took about 15 mins to walk too.

Date of Visit: August 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Watson 1 review from this member

What a lovely campsite, perfect site for camping in a tent and in a lovely location.

Can recommend the fresh pizza's.

The toilets and showers need updating but this is work in progress and I am sure that next year it will be even better.

Date of Visit: August 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  With friends
Reviewer: Bluegr 1 review from this member

Great campsite for the Yorkshire Dales.

We stayed during the torrential rain over the weekend of 5th to 8th August. A very well drained, flat field meant there were no issues at all.

Great facilities including a bar with a great selection of drinks available in the evening.

I would highly recommend and will be stopping here again.

Date of Visit: June 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Young couple
Reviewer: Ryansm 1 review from this member

Great site with great facilities and good vibes. Would highly recommend.

Pub on site was a nice touch, could’ve done with a little more life in the beer but it still went down a treat. Also serve pizza from a pizza oven, we were a little late to the party when it came to ordering however.

The space is quite substantial and our pitch was a little bit too far from the toilet and shower facilities, though we chose this spot ourselves. Next time, I think we will be pitching up a little closer to them.

That said, there will be a next time. We paid about £20/night for a car and tent; I would’ve liked to save a bit of cash in this department but overall I was happy with our stay. There really was a nice atmosphere and the surrounding views were fab.

Location wise, we were able to cover a lot nearby and it even made a trip to the lakes a much less taxing journey. We found a nice cheese shop just down the road (exit right, signs visible a mile or so down the road) where we picked up some nice freshly ground coffee to take away (all contactless and self-serve).

Enjoy!

Date of Visit: May 2021 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Sianm3 2 reviews from this member

Our second time here. Lovely site.

Good clean facilities, spacious field so not crowded in, lovely sunset the night we were there!

I’m sure we will be back again

Date of Visit: May 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Extended family
Reviewer: Sharra 1 review from this member

This was the 2nd time I have stayed at this campsite

Its a lovely site pitches are of good size toilets are kept clean.

I would recommend this site to anyone

Date of Visit: August 2020 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Phoennixxs11 4 reviews from this member

We have just got home from a wonderful 4 nights stay here. First time I have been back in over 10 years. I must say what a pleasure it was to revisit.

The COVID-19 restrictions meant the showers were limited in number and times were 3 hrs per day 4pm-7pm But the measures the staff had gone to to keep everything clean and safe were impressive,

The owners were so friendly and helpful. Very strict regarding noise after 11pm, staff would walk around asking people to keep the noise down politely.

I wouldn’t hesitate to return or recommend this place. Beautiful scenery and close to Malham cove/tarn and ingleton.

Date of Visit: November 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Nessmanuk 12 reviews from this member

I stayed here 3 nights outwith the normal season unlike most of the recent reviewers. I agree with the comments about the toilets being a bit dated BUT the site has been taken over 18 months ago by Amy and Ross with whom I had various conversations and they are aware of the shortcomings and are addressing these.

It was a delight to stay here helped in no small way by the enthusiasm of Amy and Ross who were helpful and willing to impart their knowledge of the local area - a part of the world I knew nothing about but their suggestions of what to do were spot on (The Courtyard Dairy Cheese Shop just along the road being one).

The bar was open on the Saturday night which was a pleasant place to while away some time especially as the weather during the day was not of the best (well it was November!)

I fully intend to return to this area and will have no hesitation in returning to this site. I wish them both the very best in their endeavours to improve the site and stamp their own personalities on it.

Cheers a very happy client

Date of Visit: November 2019 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Dieselcowboy 3 reviews from this member

In November of this year I visited Dalesbridge campsite in my Motorhome. As you may know, November in the Yorkshire Dales can be very wet indeed, so when I made my booking online at the site, I specifically booked a hardstanding pitch, not only to ensure that my motorhome would have no trouble getting on and off the pitch, but so I wouldn’t have to cope with bring mud and dirt into the motorhome from the grass on a normal pitch.

Imagine my surprise to be directed to a grass pitch by the owner. He informed me that there were two small areas of plastic buried in the grass that the rear wheels of the motorhome would sit on when parked. As my van is front wheel drive, the instant the vehicle left the track it got stuck. After shouting at me for “ruining the grass” the owner fetched his Land Rover and dragged my motorhome sideways and splattered it with mud.

He site has NO full hardstand areas as I imagine them, at least a gravel type area if not full tarmac. To charge for hardstand without actually having any I think is misleading.

The charges are also expensive for limited, outdated and grubby facilities. The roof on the toilet blocks is lifting off due to age and water damage. There is NO greywater disposal area at all for motorhomes. The on site bar is very expensive with limited choice.

There is no dog walking area, or dog waste disposal point, despite a charge being levied for dogs.

In short, until considerable money and effort is spent to bring the facilities up to an acceptable standard, I could not recommend anyone to stay here.

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Ironox 3 reviews from this member

The site was easy to book and pay for. On arrival (Easter weekend) the reception staff were friendly and helpful. As we were on a grass pitch without ETU we could choose our own pitch.

The smaller top field was full so we selected a pitch on the larger main field, there were a good mix of campers and tourers and there were loads of space for kids to play. The field was well drained and ideal for tent pitching, a mallet may be need to fully drive in tent pegs.

Although it was quite close to the main road it wasn't noisy at night.

The facilities were adequate but tired and in need of modernisation, the toilets/showers were clean considering the amount of people using them. Washing up facilities consisted of four sinks in two separate rooms but during busy time hot water was not available. On the website it advertised that a freezer would be available for freezing cool blocks, however this was located in the reception and only available during reception hours.

The views from the site were nice, given the location I would return but improvements to the facilities would improve the experience.

Previous     106 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is The Dalesbridge Campsite child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to The Dalesbridge Campsite?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is The Dalesbridge Campsite dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Settle      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally 02/07 to 03/07
An amazing fun weekend for all the family, with camping and caravanning on site from Friday to Monday - Save £15 on tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022