Visitor Reviews - Cambridge Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Cambridgeshire > Great Shelford > Cambridge Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Cambridge Camping And Caravanning Club Site
19 Cabbage Moor
Great Shelford
Cambridgeshire   (Browse area)
CB22 5NB

Open: 01/04 to 03/11

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 No Shop   No Bar   No Restaurant   Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  75 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Pebblehead 1 review from this member

I booked this site for its easy access to the IWM Duxford - as I have done many times before.

The site is all you would expect from the C&CC, with great, helpful staff and superb ablutions. I was surprised to see so many more motorhomes but tents are still very welcome.

I had an electric hookup and there’s free WiFi there too. I recommend this site wholeheartedly and look forward to my return.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MrsTepee 2 reviews from this member

My family and I stayed at this site for 5 nights, May 2018. Finding the site was quite easy.

There are 4-5 speed bumps down the lane on approach to the site and the site has a few more past the gates. I found the speed bumps quite harsh.

The site is secured with gates, and on the entrance gate there is a 4 digit code. These gates are locked from 11pm until 7am.

The site is well maintained and clean. The shower block, also maintained and clean.

Despite my disability and my visitor's disability, they remained strict on the 'one car only' rule, it wasn't for long either, she was just visiting to help me set -up and pack-up. I felt this was unfair given I physically needed her help.

There are a few on-site wardens through-out the night pitched in motorhomes by the reception and gates. The last few nights of our holiday were spoilt from unsupervised 'children' playing at the park, gone 10pm who then woke my baby. They were also vandalising the play equipment. Despite the wardens window being opened, I had to walk across and ask them to intervene when they woke my baby.

Whilst I understand that the family from hell were not the Camp Sites' responsibility, I do take the approach that it is their duty to ensure the camp site remains a nice place to be, rather than a 'thank god we're going home tomorrow'.

Overall, I am happy with the Camp Site, I am not sure as I'd return though.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Climo 6 reviews from this member

Well located site with a nearby bus into Cambridge (No. 7, 25 mins and £2. 80).

Well run with clean, warm, modern shower block. Surrounded by trees and hedges but open fields. Helpful cheery managers. Great value.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: PedroPete61 22 reviews from this member

This is a first class site on the edge of Cambridge Close to the bus route 7 and cycle tracks galore to go each and every way you choose. The city has become expensive so beware and the food shop close to this Waitrose and is expensive, the drinking places that have been upcycled are the same. There is plenty so see and do in this busy place, dog walks and green areas all within easy distance along with Duxford. The refurbished facilities are first class along with the roads and the staff are a great group of people who are ready and willing to help if you require it. So enjoy the play area and enjoy this lovely site.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Steve911 7 reviews from this member

Had two excellent nights at this site to visit Cambridge and as a stopover on route to Norfolk. Very nice clean site and well managed. The site wardens do a great job of keeping this site looking lovely and peaceful which you would expect from a club site. Toilet facilities are very clean and ample room with nice hot showers. There is also a very good dog walk, kids play area and motor home service point.

This is a very good site to explorer Cambridge. Just outside the site to the left you can get the number 7 bus. We bought an all day bus pass so we could hop on/off as much as we liked. Cambridge is a beautiful city to explore we had a lovely time here and used our bus pass to go back into the city in the evening. Also just outside the site next to the bus stop is a local shop if you forget anything.

If you want a pint or something to eat there is a very nice pub about 20 min walk away called the Hudson Ale house. We popped in for a pint and it was dog friendly and a nice place to eat.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: RIMMER 176 reviews from this member

A very pleasant site and can't fault it in any way except its perhaps a little featureless. We had a really nice, level hard standing pitch by the toilet block. With the bus stop No. 7 down the road this is a great site for Cambridge and as buses run late handy for a night out also. Incorporated in our visit was a 20 min walk to Trumpington village where a hearty pub meal was enjoyed at the Hudson's ale hose as well as some local real ales, popped in to the nearby Lord Byron also but found it rather run down with no food on, but did have some foul mouthed local shouting and swearing-best avoid I'd say.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alan Chilestone 34 reviews from this member

Site has a large field and a smaller “Rally” Field. Rally field is all grass with a few Electric points along one side. The main field has some hard standings off the roadway, but is predominantly grass pitches. Facilities block looks like it has received some refurbishment and is very clean. The site is handy for the City Centre, there is a Park & Ride nearby, also handy for many attractions in the area. Easy to get to as it is close to the M11.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Grahambrader 1 review from this member

Very friendly and helpful staff

Nothing is too much trouble

Great site and very Tidy

If I could find a small criticism, Dog walk needs to be longer

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: David Bain 9 reviews from this member

When booking online, we thought the site was expensive; when we arrived we found out that the extra few pounds were well spent. The site is nicely grassed but with several hardstandings; we were pleased that it is ringed by trees as they took the edge off the gale which blew while we were there! The toilet and shower block is one of the best we've seen and maintained to match. We visited to attend the Flying Legends show at Duxford and the site couldn't have been better placed. We did go into Cambridge but the traffic was so awful we didn't stop - if you discount all the traffic lights! I've saved the site staff for last. They were unfailingly pleasant, friendly and SO helpful. When we found that we had to buy tickets for the air show online we realised we had no way of printing them. On hearing this, one of the ladies kindly printed them on the office printer. That's the kind of thing which makes this a mustgotoagain site!

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Anngfox 3 reviews from this member

This is a clean and tidy level site. The main field is open with shelter around the edges.

The toilet/shower block is very clean and well maintained.

The children's play area is visible from quite a lot of the site and seems in very good order. There is also a ball play area.

It is about a mile and a half to the nearest public house for food and drink.

Cambridge is easily accessed via the local bus service which runs frequently from the road passing the entrance to the site.

Previous     75 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cambridgeshire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more