Reviews of Greaves Farm Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Grange Over Sands > Greaves Farm Caravan Park Reviews

Greaves Farm Caravan Park
Field Broughton
Grange Over Sands
Cumbria   (Browse area)
LA11 6HR

Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   No Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  20 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

To find out if we're taking bookings please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Mr Mrs S Morgan 1 review from this member

My parents had the most wonderful stay recently at Greaves Farm, hence this review. From the moment they arrived Mr & Mrs Dean couldn't do enough to help to ensure a great holiday was had by all. Words mum and dad used to describe the site included; spotlessly clean, lots of hot water, spacious plots so you didn't feel overlooked, very relaxing, a beautifully friendly site. Simply faultless!

Thank you so much both, we will certainly be back again as those personal touches really do mean a lot.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Shal5633 7 reviews from this member

We have just got back from Greaves Farm caravan park and it was great. The hosts were lovely could not do enough for you. The pitches are very well kept and spacious and the views are to die for. Cartmel is a mile and a half away and is also lovely. Went to Grange and to Holker Hall and both were great places to visit. Cant wait to go back.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Franbee 169 reviews from this member

I rang this site on spec the day before as we were meeting family and fancied staying overnight. Although she initially said they might be full, the pleasant lady on the phone checked the diary and rang me back to offer a pitch. She gave me directions for finding the site. When we arrived, the lady told me where to find the allocated pitch, which was in the Paddock.

The site is in a lovely situation, on the fell above Cartmel, a rural area with narrow roads. The site is divided into sections, statics, large tent field, and the Paddock which has hard standings. All areas are gated to stop stock from straying.

The toilet block is across the farm lane, rather old fashioned but very clean. There is only 1 shower in each of the ladies and gents, and we tended to look out for people coming and going. There is a 20p charge per shower, water was hot and plentiful.

Washing up is in the main tent field, plenty of free hot water here, in a nice little kitchen.

We know this area well, and love coming back to visit. This campsite is very good value for money.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: KevP 7 reviews from this member

Without doubt the nicest campsite I have had the pleasure to stay at for a while. This is an excellent venue for exploring the South Lakes. Plenty of room between pitches, a dedicated pot washing housed unit with kettle, microwave, fridge and freezer. No actual facilities for children but plenty of space for them to play in. The owner and her husband do a great job keeping the campsite clean and tidy and are very friendly and informative offering ideas for days out. Only one shower in the men's toilet block (I think similar in the ladies') but never had to queue to use it. For 20p you get plenty of good hot water. There is an electric shaving point in the block too.

We visited Cartmel - the Priory and the microbrewery along with the interesting village shops for The Original Sticky Toffee Pudding. Plenty of nice pubs in the village serving real and craft ale. We also went to Fell Foot and took the small boat to Lakeside. Cost 9 to park for the day (free if you're in the NT) but it is much cheaper to park in Lakeside. From here we took the bigger boat to Bowness (a pleasant 40 minute cruise). Had lunch in Bowness in a cafe called #4 - wonderful homemade cream of tomato soup and buttered sourdough toast!. Great walks to be had around Bowness and got delicious fish and chips from the Chippy Bank chipshop in Ulverston on the way back to the campsite and ate them looking out over Morecambe Bay at Bardsea.

Finished our weekend trip off with a visit to Kendal. If you're into real ale and craft beers check out Booth's supermarket - they have a huge selection of amazing beers from all over the world.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Touran 09 5 reviews from this member

Just arrived back from greaves caravan park and got to say its immaculate very well kept and very clean. Toilets area very clean and even had a heater to keep you warm, the one shower was not a problem toilets are across a farm track road however is not busy.

Site has a washing up area with fridge and freezer very handy.

Owners very welcoming and were helpful with maps for walking and pubs the crown which is 15min walk was lovely and had a great selection of beers especially the local bitter.

Milk man called every day with milk, milkshakes, fruit juice etc at reasonable prices.

We visited lake Windermere, Cartmel and Grange over sands all within easy access.

The little steam train experience which is only ten minutes away is a must for all small trains ice creams and a narrow stream to play in was a great place for the kids to visit.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Emmarmilbree 3 reviews from this member

WOW just about sums this site up. It is kept pristine at all times. The owners are lovely and take the time to walk round the site and talk to everyone and are a lovely couple. The toilet blocks weren't very clearly signposted so I suggest you find them during the day ready for night fall as er were left wondering around in darkness trying to find them (a nice helpful camper directed us in the end. The toilet blocks are dated but immaculately kept and I really didn't mind the 20p charge for the shower which stayed on long enough.

This site is set in beautiful country side with stunning views and close to a shop and lakedistrict attractions to suit all ages and interests ie lakeside aquarium, ferry to windermere, kendal and a beautiful beach at walney island.

I can not wait to return to this relaxing, welcoming site.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Lancashirelass2 5 reviews from this member

I think this will become a regular for us. Site is so peaceful, loos are in an older style block, but spotless, with plenty of supplies. The washing up facilities are lovely - two sinks, a couple of fridges/freezer, kettles and a microwave. We had the small field to ourselves! Friendly owners. I like the attention to detail here - gates well maintained, doors etc freshly painted (think F&B), neatly gravelled areas and lots of pots of lovely flowers. A pleasant bike ride into Cartmel for the Sunday papers. Kids didn't seem to notice there was no play area - so much room to kick a ball, throw a frisbee etc.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Beesue 13 reviews from this member

Well I said I wouldn't go back, but go back I did and I'm very glad I did! Yes, the facilities are a little 'quaint' but they are always spotlessly clean. In the ladies there are 3 loos and only one shower, which was adequate and there were never any queues, perhaps one of the loos could be altered to become a shower which would be very useful.

The serviced pitches are on the level, those without hook-up could have a very slight slope but nothing to worry about. There were plenty of hard standings for caravans and motor homes in the touring field and for people who find sites with statics off-putting, these are in a completely separate area and you wouldn't know they were there.

If absolute peace is what you are after, Greaves Farm is for you! The loudest noise we heard at night was the sound of a cow munching grass in the next field. Keep it down a bit please Daisy!

The site is kept in pristine condition and the owners were very pleasant and helpful at all times. There were no facilities specifically for children but loads of space to run and play and most children would be happy with that (there's a great roly-poly hill!). Yes I WILL be going back and SOON!

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Smithsmh1 8 reviews from this member

Have just returned from a lovely break away at this campsite, I was on my own with my dog, Molly. This was my first time away in a new van and on arrival discovered that the front locker wouldn't open. The owners of the site were very helpful and when we found there was no way we could sort out the problem, found a local main dealer in Ulverston. I towed the van to Ulverston and one of the firm's engineers sorted out the problem in 5 mins. The rest of my break was incident free. The facilities and the campsite are kept in a pristine condition. The only comment I would make for improvement would be that there be more showers - there is only one in the Lady's room (can't comment on the Men's). Thank you for a lovely break away. The second time I have been and I will definitely return.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Jasonf 1 review from this member

We have just come back from greaves farm caravan park, after the bank holiday weekend. And can I say. Think I might of found a gem.

Yes the toilet block may be old as some reviews state, but they are spotless, warm and we had no issues with hot water.

The summer house with the washing facilities again is spotless, plenty of hot water for dishes, and for people using tents is equipped with a fridge a freezer, kettles and a microwave.

We stayed on the main field, which was well cared for with gravel hard stands, only problem we had was we had no tv reception, so just stuck on dvd's, but I would not let this stop me visiting again, the site itself is so quiet and peaceful.

And once I had worked out, that the heating and kettle didn't agree with the 6amp electric, we were fine and managed to run everything else without a hitch

The village of cartmell is 1. 5 miles from the site, and is nice to visit, good pubs and nice grub, the village shop is a must for the cartmell sticky toffee pudding.

Bowness/Windermere and Kendal 25min drive to both, so pretty central to explore the southern lakes.

The lanes leading to the site can get a bit narrow, so heed the owners instructions on their web page and you should be fine.

All in all well kept site, nice owners, and peaceful.

And will definitely visit again.

Previous     20 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Greaves Farm Caravan Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Greaves Farm Caravan Park?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Greaves Farm Caravan Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Grange Over Sands      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cumbria

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 28/06
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more