Visitor Reviews - Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)
Mythorpe Road
Blackpool
Lancashire   (Browse area)
FY4 4XN
Tel:

Open: March To November

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Fishing   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis On Site
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport

Reviews:  95 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Celtic john 1 review from this member

I visited martin mere on the 26th july for 9 days. On arrival I was shocked all the pitches were empty, only two people on the euro pitches. I booked a super pitch which cost me 410. The euro pitch they wanted 700, no wonder all the pitches were empty. I think haven should think about lowering touring pitch prices, may get more people going. There is nothing wrong with site. Good holiday place to go.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Winky9557 5 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 13 nights. I picked a euro pitch as I like to watch tv. When I got there I thought they would hire or sell tv cable no such luck. So I went and bought one. When I plugged it in it didn't work. Reported this, a guy came and put on a new cable said that was it, no it wasn't. A couple of days later another guy appeared said it was a fault at aerial output and would need to get someone in 8 days before it was fixed. Showers were far too warm my wife and I couldn't go in them, reported this and was told they were within guide line temp. The entertainment was terrible so stopped going there. The kids play park for touring area was disappointing only one swing and not much else. Would I go there again no chance, even my 8 year old granddaughter said she wouldn't want to go back.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Armleywhite 9 reviews from this member

My wife and I booked a 4 night break here last week and after visiting this place many times over the years, with kids, assumed it'd be a decent time.

Sadly, this wasn't to be. Not only did haven not recognise our membership (lifetime) of their freedom trail and charge us the full price (we did receive an apology email informing us they did recognise our membership via email while we were away to be fair).

Upon arriving, late on Sunday evening, gate security gave us a partial pack of info, with several bits of info missing.

There were many vacant pitches as majority of kids were back at school. Sadly, the area around all the pitches was disgraceful. Full of rubbish strewn everywhere. Right at the back of our van, just under the bushes were several rotting F+C boxes with rotting food still there??? Everywhere we looked you could see signs of rubbish either in, under, around the bushes. Now, I'm fully aware that this is the direct (mainly) actions of the mucky buggers that stay there, but you would assume that an organisation as haven could afford staff to litter pick the area's they charge a premium for.

No hot water for the total four nights stay and their excuse 'were waiting for a part'.

Dogs! be aware that this site allows dogs, with no apparent responsibility of the owners to control said dogs. Several allowed to roam free crapping wherever they liked with no response from the owners to clean up after them. When I actually challenged an owner over his dog, instead of them cleaning up, I got a gob full of abuse to mind my own fu***ng business! When I spoke to the touring warden about this, I got a look of blank indifference from her?

Sadly, what used to be a fun few days has turned into a costly site that appears to treat tourers with nothing but disdain. Sad to say, but we'll not be going back.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bailey Lady 1 review from this member

After visiting this holiday caravan park we were not disappointed. The pitches were well maintained, spaced out so as not to encroach on neighbours. It was very friendly and peaceful with grass walks for well behaved dogs. It is well equipped with the usual amenities, laundry room etc It has an on site clubhouse for entertainment and dining. Having said that, Blackpool itself boasts many eating places and entertainment should you wish to venture off site. I would definitely recommend Marton Mere Holiday Park to others for a great, relaxing time away.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dave dot 5 reviews from this member

Sadly this was not the best experience we have ever had. On arrival at the site we were able to decide on our own pitch, we had booked a Euro pitch, so off we headed. After inspecting a number of pitches we picked the one that we thought had the least amount of litter on it. Sadly though the pitch and area around the touring site was covered in all manner or rubbish, frm sweets wrappers cigarette ends, coat hangers to broken children toys and cans zip tied to a nearby tree.

The site is well placed for access to Blackpool and it's only a short drive from the site to the sea front. There is also a large Tesco's only a few minutes drive away.

During our stay our children took part in some of the on site activities, the price was very reasonable and the staff on the activities were excellent and probably do not get the recognition for the good work they do.

The on site swimming pool was rather small and at busy times felt crowded. We went to the outside children water park but sadly had to leave after a short time as we became fed up sitting in an untidy area, covered in bar glasses, food on the floor, spilt drinks and again cigarette butts everywhere.

I am more than aware that a site can not vet its customers but around the park we encountered people playing exceptionally loud music, children running amuck completely un-supervised, adults smoking cannabis around their children to mention but a few of the unsavoury things we encountered. The final straw for us was when we discovered a used condom near to the children's park.

Needless to say we shall not be visiting the site again and would strongly advise others to think twice before booking.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: John3548 5 reviews from this member

Just back from this site.

You enter the main entrance then drive round the back of the park to the Touring area. Met by the warden and told to locate your own pitch. I had a Euro pitch. Concrete with a pebble awning area to the side. Water and Electricity on a nearby post with permanent drainage if you have a pipe long enough. The only problem is that there is no hedging/border between the pitches. No privacy from your neighbours. Toilet block was clean with a keycode door. My only issue was it was slightly cold. The entertainment was geared towards young children so if you don't have any then maybe give it a miss as the same type of show gets a bit wearing. Bar and food prices reasonable and staff helpful and friendly. Bus from site is 3 return but beware that the 16 bus ends early. (approx 7pm). They do have a deal with a local cab company for 9 single journey. No issues at all with the site but probably as the kids get older will give it a miss.

Previous     95 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win an Babyhub SleepSpace Travel Cot worth 149.99 Win tickets to the NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 12 to 14 October, Cornwall
3 day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties, with camping ...more