Visitor Reviews - Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)
Mythorpe Road
Blackpool
Lancashire   (Browse area)
FY4 4XNCheck Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast        Visit their website

Open: March To November

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   No Golf   Tennis On Site
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  96 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Date of Visit: October 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Keencamper5711 6 reviews from this member

We liked that this site is situated next to a nature reserve. We cycled around the Mere to the nearby Stanley Park which has a good cafe. We also liked the bus service from the site into Blackpool- unfortunately it didnít run in the evenings/night. Regrettably we were disappointed with the site. Our pitch poor and lots of rubbish in the hedge bottom behind our pitch. On request this was cleared but this needs to be done regularly as obviously not everyone leaves the site as they would wish to find it! We didnít use the restaurant or bar as prices a bit steep. Canít think we would return.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Celtic john 1 review from this member

I visited martin mere on the 26th july for 9 days. On arrival I was shocked all the pitches were empty, only two people on the euro pitches. I booked a super pitch which cost me £410. The euro pitch they wanted £700, no wonder all the pitches were empty. I think haven should think about lowering touring pitch prices, may get more people going. There is nothing wrong with site. Good holiday place to go.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Winky9557 6 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 13 nights. I picked a euro pitch as I like to watch tv. When I got there I thought they would hire or sell tv cable no such luck. So I went and bought one. When I plugged it in it didn't work. Reported this, a guy came and put on a new cable said that was it, no it wasn't. A couple of days later another guy appeared said it was a fault at aerial output and would need to get someone in 8 days before it was fixed. Showers were far too warm my wife and I couldn't go in them, reported this and was told they were within guide line temp. The entertainment was terrible so stopped going there. The kids play park for touring area was disappointing only one swing and not much else. Would I go there again no chance, even my 8 year old granddaughter said she wouldn't want to go back.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Armleywhite 10 reviews from this member

My wife and I booked a 4 night break here last week and after visiting this place many times over the years, with kids, assumed it'd be a decent time.

Sadly, this wasn't to be. Not only did haven not recognise our membership (lifetime) of their freedom trail and charge us the full price (we did receive an apology email informing us they did recognise our membership via email while we were away to be fair).

Upon arriving, late on Sunday evening, gate security gave us a partial pack of info, with several bits of info missing.

There were many vacant pitches as majority of kids were back at school. Sadly, the area around all the pitches was disgraceful. Full of rubbish strewn everywhere. Right at the back of our van, just under the bushes were several rotting F+C boxes with rotting food still there??? Everywhere we looked you could see signs of rubbish either in, under, around the bushes. Now, I'm fully aware that this is the direct (mainly) actions of the mucky buggers that stay there, but you would assume that an organisation as haven could afford staff to litter pick the area's they charge a premium for.

No hot water for the total four nights stay and their excuse 'were waiting for a part'.

Dogs! be aware that this site allows dogs, with no apparent responsibility of the owners to control said dogs. Several allowed to roam free crapping wherever they liked with no response from the owners to clean up after them. When I actually challenged an owner over his dog, instead of them cleaning up, I got a gob full of abuse to mind my own fu***ng business! When I spoke to the touring warden about this, I got a look of blank indifference from her?

Sadly, what used to be a fun few days has turned into a costly site that appears to treat tourers with nothing but disdain. Sad to say, but we'll not be going back.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bailey Lady 1 review from this member

After visiting this holiday caravan park we were not disappointed. The pitches were well maintained, spaced out so as not to encroach on neighbours. It was very friendly and peaceful with grass walks for well behaved dogs. It is well equipped with the usual amenities, laundry room etc It has an on site clubhouse for entertainment and dining. Having said that, Blackpool itself boasts many eating places and entertainment should you wish to venture off site. I would definitely recommend Marton Mere Holiday Park to others for a great, relaxing time away.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dave dot 5 reviews from this member

Sadly this was not the best experience we have ever had. On arrival at the site we were able to decide on our own pitch, we had booked a Euro pitch, so off we headed. After inspecting a number of pitches we picked the one that we thought had the least amount of litter on it. Sadly though the pitch and area around the touring site was covered in all manner or rubbish, frm sweets wrappers cigarette ends, coat hangers to broken children toys and cans zip tied to a nearby tree.

The site is well placed for access to Blackpool and it's only a short drive from the site to the sea front. There is also a large Tesco's only a few minutes drive away.

During our stay our children took part in some of the on site activities, the price was very reasonable and the staff on the activities were excellent and probably do not get the recognition for the good work they do.

The on site swimming pool was rather small and at busy times felt crowded. We went to the outside children water park but sadly had to leave after a short time as we became fed up sitting in an untidy area, covered in bar glasses, food on the floor, spilt drinks and again cigarette butts everywhere.

I am more than aware that a site can not vet its customers but around the park we encountered people playing exceptionally loud music, children running amuck completely un-supervised, adults smoking cannabis around their children to mention but a few of the unsavoury things we encountered. The final straw for us was when we discovered a used condom near to the children's park.

Needless to say we shall not be visiting the site again and would strongly advise others to think twice before booking.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: John3548 5 reviews from this member

Just back from this site.

You enter the main entrance then drive round the back of the park to the Touring area. Met by the warden and told to locate your own pitch. I had a Euro pitch. Concrete with a pebble awning area to the side. Water and Electricity on a nearby post with permanent drainage if you have a pipe long enough. The only problem is that there is no hedging/border between the pitches. No privacy from your neighbours. Toilet block was clean with a keycode door. My only issue was it was slightly cold. The entertainment was geared towards young children so if you don't have any then maybe give it a miss as the same type of show gets a bit wearing. Bar and food prices reasonable and staff helpful and friendly. Bus from site is £3 return but beware that the 16 bus ends early. (approx 7pm). They do have a deal with a local cab company for £9 single journey. No issues at all with the site but probably as the kids get older will give it a miss.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Johnandann 12 reviews from this member

Stayed three nights, had a really friendly welcome at security gate and given choice of remaining pitches. Pitches are on the small side but more than adequate for my 21 foot m/home. Fully serviced pitches with a spotlessly clean toilet block for £11 a night during Blackpool's illumination season is great value. The site has good public transport links to Blackpool, and an illumination tour bus at 19. 30 each night.

As seems to be the norm. At Haven sites, the only problems relate to the people you are camping alongside. People leaving rubbish on pitches, driving off with drain taps open, filling the Chemical disposal block with nappies and other rubish. These were not travellers(who usually seem to get the blame) but mature adults who really should know better.

All the usual Haven facilities are available, clubhouse, fast food, supermarket and kids playgrounds. This is a nice site and we will definitely come back.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: WHEELER-JONES 3 reviews from this member

My husband, myself & our dog stayed here on a superpitch right on the end by the clubhouse. It had it's own tap & drain. It wad a good little pitch for the motorhome. The touring pitches were very clean & the new heated shower block was spotless! Would have been even better if I didn't have to knock the shower button on every 10 seconds with my eyes closed but it was hot & free. The club was clean & served lovely food and not too expensive. We only paid £39 for 3 nights on the pitch, which was a bargain!. An extra £3 for the dog, however, I don't see the point in charging for dogs, especially at only 8 kilos! The Pool was nice & clean. The on-site shop sold everything you needed really. Parts of the park were nice with lovely new static caravans & other parts, not so nice! Quite run down, therefore, I would not book a static caravan in case I didn't have a nice spot. The grounds around the clubhouse were very nice. Staff were pleasant enough. Bingo was ok but didn't last long & the prize money wasn't great. The service bus stops regularly at the site to take you to Blackpool & the site also have a deal with a local taxi company for £9 one way at any time of day or night which was cheap so we took advantage of this on our last night. We also cycled 3 miles into Blackpool on the pavement. There is a Pub/Restaurant opposite the entrance which looks good, but we did not go there. The only downside to the site was the people leaving the club late at night, every night, shouting. A lot of people took advantage of the Autumn deals for static stays, but I wouldn't recommend! The site should have quiet signs respecting fellow campers. All in all, a good site. I would give it an overall 8 out of 10.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: 5357frank 3 reviews from this member

Very good site very clean and tide toilet block was immaculate actuality had HOT WATER every day not many site can say that, pitches very good a bit close together but ok own water and electric and waste so no carrying, big shop, good bar, good days and night for children in main entertainment room, good walking round the mere lake ideal for bird watchers hide to sit in to watch wild life, zoo 5min in car or you could walk, local bus comes on site every half hour to go into Blackpool.

Previous     96 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lancashire

Win an Outwell Sleeping Package worth over £399 Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire
Save £20 on a weekend's camping with masses to do ...more

2067 Visitors online !

Play the UKCampsite.co.uk
Easter Hunt

Easter Hunt

Follow the clues, find the answer, and win a fantastic Easter prize - a TV / DVD Combo worth £399!