Reviews of Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)

Campsite Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Blackpool > Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays) Reviews

Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)
Mythorpe Road
Blackpool
Lancashire   (Browse area)
FY4 4XN

Open: March To November

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   No Golf   Tennis On Site
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  98 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Our site is open and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilets are Open. Our showers are Open. Other communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Carryoncampingclair 4 reviews from this member

This is a lovely site, it has everything you need to enjoy your stay.

It's a stone's throw away from Blackpool but in a nice peaceful spot.

It has some great countryside walks with your pooches 🐕🐕

Highly recommend that you visit.

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Daves mate 21 reviews from this member

I wouldn't normally pick a Haven site but as this trip was all about some pre start of school fun for my 2 daughters and 1 of their friends it did tick all of our boxes, on paper.

We arrived at about lunchtime on the bank holiday Monday, smack bang in the middle of the park's check in/out time! It was a bit of a squeeze getting in through the narrow gate with traffic backed up in both directions but we made it unscathed and were directed by security to the tourers area.

We were then greeted by the touring warden and told what was where and what we could and couldn't do. One thing she shared with us was the bizzare rule that under 18's had to be escorted to/from the toilet block! Really? I'm away with 2 teenagers and a 10 year old and every time one of them wants to use the facilities I've got to go with them? Sorry, that's not happening!

We were asked to choose any available pitch in our section. There are 2 types of pitch here, I forget what Haven refer to them as but it's pretty much basic and premium. All pitches have hardstanding, ehu, tap and waste so you can choose to go fully mains or not.

From what I could gather the premium pitches come with a tv antenna socket and hedges between them. That said they do seem to be better looked after than the basic pitches. Others have written about the litter, suffice to say it would seem to be less of an issue if you're willing to pay a higher pitch fee. The basic pitches, although perfectly serviceable, just seem to be a little uncared for.

THE toilet/shower block was a little basic but had all you need. The timber floor felt a little spongy to me around the showers, which were of the push button variety, if you can get it to work for more than 15 seconds per push you're a better man than me. It gave me the feeling that it had been built as a temporary block about 20 years ago that nobody got round to replacing. That might be just me though.

The main centre complex here does what it does very well. There's an indoor pool with a space bowl slide and an outdoor lazy river and large bubble pool/hot tub type thing. It's all really good but shuts around midday for 'paid for' activities. The arcade is great and we spent a fair bit of time both there and in the pool.

There's a cafe/bar with outdoor seating overlooking the lazy river and in a sperate area there's the showbar for evening entertainment. Haven do all this stuff well but it just feels a bit like everything is designed to part you from your hard earned cash and it can feel a little overwhelming.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that parks like this need to take advantage of alternative cashstreams after the initial pitch fees are paid and Haven are very adept at this, it can be done with a little more subtlety though. We enjoyed the pool complex, the arcade and the showbar but didn't use the cafe bar. We did get food from the fish and chip shop, a little on the pricey side but decent quality.

There's a bus service from the park to the seafront at Blackpool. Very handy for day trips but if you want a night out on the town you'll need to get a taxi back.

All in all the place served it's purpose for our trip, although I think the touring area needs some tlc. I'm not really a Haven fan to be fair and this trip has done nothing to change that.

We'll return to Blackpool one day and will very probably stay at Marton Mere again when we do. It's definitely not in my top ten holiday parks though.

Date of Visit: October 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Keencamper5711 6 reviews from this member

We liked that this site is situated next to a nature reserve. We cycled around the Mere to the nearby Stanley Park which has a good cafe.

We also liked the bus service from the site into Blackpool- unfortunately it didnít run in the evenings/night. Regrettably we were disappointed with the site.

Our pitch poor and lots of rubbish in the hedge bottom behind our pitch. On request this was cleared but this needs to be done regularly as obviously not everyone leaves the site as they would wish to find it!

We didnít use the restaurant or bar as prices a bit steep. Canít think we would return.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Celtic john 1 review from this member

I visited martin mere on the 26th july for 9 days. On arrival I was shocked all the pitches were empty, only two people on the euro pitches.

I booked a super pitch which cost me £410. The euro pitch they wanted £700, no wonder all the pitches were empty.

I think haven should think about lowering touring pitch prices, may get more people going.

There is nothing wrong with site. Good holiday place to go.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Winky9557 6 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 13 nights. I picked a euro pitch as I like to watch tv. When I got there I thought they would hire or sell tv cable no such luck.

So I went and bought one. When I plugged it in it didn't work. Reported this, a guy came and put on a new cable said that was it, no it wasn't.

A couple of days later another guy appeared said it was a fault at aerial output and would need to get someone in 8 days before it was fixed.

Showers were far too warm my wife and I couldn't go in them, reported this and was told they were within guide line temp. The entertainment was terrible so stopped going there.

The kids play park for touring area was disappointing only one swing and not much else.

Would I go there again no chance, even my 8 year old granddaughter said she wouldn't want to go back.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Armleywhite 13 reviews from this member

My wife and I booked a 4 night break here last week and after visiting this place many times over the years, with kids, assumed it'd be a decent time.

Sadly, this wasn't to be. Not only did haven not recognise our membership (lifetime) of their freedom trail and charge us the full price (we did receive an apology email informing us they did recognise our membership via email while we were away to be fair).

Upon arriving, late on Sunday evening, gate security gave us a partial pack of info, with several bits of info missing.

There were many vacant pitches as majority of kids were back at school. Sadly, the area around all the pitches was disgraceful. Full of rubbish strewn everywhere. Right at the back of our van, just under the bushes were several rotting F+C boxes with rotting food still there???

Everywhere we looked you could see signs of rubbish either in, under, around the bushes. Now, I'm fully aware that this is the direct (mainly) actions of the mucky buggers that stay there, but you would assume that an organisation as haven could afford staff to litter pick the area's they charge a premium for.

No hot water for the total four nights stay and their excuse 'were waiting for a part'.

Dogs! be aware that this site allows dogs, with no apparent responsibility of the owners to control said dogs. Several allowed to roam free crapping wherever they liked with no response from the owners to clean up after them. When I actually challenged an owner over his dog, instead of them cleaning up, I got a gob full of abuse to mind my own fu***ng business! When I spoke to the touring warden about this, I got a look of blank indifference from her?

Sadly, what used to be a fun few days has turned into a costly site that appears to treat tourers with nothing but disdain. Sad to say, but we'll not be going back.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Bailey Lady 1 review from this member

After visiting this holiday caravan park we were not disappointed. The pitches were well maintained, spaced out so as not to encroach on neighbours.

It was very friendly and peaceful with grass walks for well behaved dogs. It is well equipped with the usual amenities, laundry room etc It has an on site clubhouse for entertainment and dining.

Having said that, Blackpool itself boasts many eating places and entertainment should you wish to venture off site.

I would definitely recommend Marton Mere Holiday Park to others for a great, relaxing time away.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Dave dot 5 reviews from this member

Sadly this was not the best experience we have ever had. On arrival at the site we were able to decide on our own pitch, we had booked a Euro pitch, so off we headed. After inspecting a number of pitches we picked the one that we thought had the least amount of litter on it.

Sadly though the pitch and area around the touring site was covered in all manner or rubbish, frm sweets wrappers cigarette ends, coat hangers to broken children toys and cans zip tied to a nearby tree.

The site is well placed for access to Blackpool and it's only a short drive from the site to the sea front. There is also a large Tesco's only a few minutes drive away.

During our stay our children took part in some of the on site activities, the price was very reasonable and the staff on the activities were excellent and probably do not get the recognition for the good work they do.

The on site swimming pool was rather small and at busy times felt crowded. We went to the outside children water park but sadly had to leave after a short time as we became fed up sitting in an untidy area, covered in bar glasses, food on the floor, spilt drinks and again cigarette butts everywhere.

I am more than aware that a site can not vet its customers but around the park we encountered people playing exceptionally loud music, children running amuck completely un-supervised, adults smoking cannabis around their children to mention but a few of the unsavoury things we encountered. The final straw for us was when we discovered a used condom near to the children's park.

Needless to say we shall not be visiting the site again and would strongly advise others to think twice before booking.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: John3548 5 reviews from this member

Just back from this site.

You enter the main entrance then drive round the back of the park to the Touring area. Met by the warden and told to locate your own pitch. I had a Euro pitch. Concrete with a pebble awning area to the side. Water and Electricity on a nearby post with permanent drainage if you have a pipe long enough. The only problem is that there is no hedging/border between the pitches. No privacy from your neighbours. Toilet block was clean with a keycode door. My only issue was it was slightly cold. The entertainment was geared towards young children so if you don't have any then maybe give it a miss as the same type of show gets a bit wearing. Bar and food prices reasonable and staff helpful and friendly. Bus from site is £3 return but beware that the 16 bus ends early. (approx 7pm). They do have a deal with a local cab company for £9 single journey. No issues at all with the site but probably as the kids get older will give it a miss.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Johnandann 12 reviews from this member

Stayed three nights, had a really friendly welcome at security gate and given choice of remaining pitches. Pitches are on the small side but more than adequate for my 21 foot m/home. Fully serviced pitches with a spotlessly clean toilet block for £11 a night during Blackpool's illumination season is great value. The site has good public transport links to Blackpool, and an illumination tour bus at 19. 30 each night.

As seems to be the norm. At Haven sites, the only problems relate to the people you are camping alongside. People leaving rubbish on pitches, driving off with drain taps open, filling the Chemical disposal block with nappies and other rubish. These were not travellers(who usually seem to get the blame) but mature adults who really should know better.

All the usual Haven facilities are available, clubhouse, fast food, supermarket and kids playgrounds. This is a nice site and we will definitely come back.

Previous     98 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays) child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays) have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays)?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Marton Mere Holiday Park (Haven Holidays) dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Blackpool      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lancashire

UKCS Meet Paws in the Park Kent 19/09 to 20/09