Visitor Reviews - Riverside Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

Riverside Caravan Park
Central Avenue
Worksop
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
S80 1ER
Tel: 01909 474118

Families Welcome   Club Members Only   Rallies Welcome   Naturist Site
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  50 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Janjar 2 reviews from this member

Great camp site few minutes walk from Worksop town centre but very quiet while we were there, didn't hear any road noise.

Stayed over the Easter weekend and we did have a lot of rain and some snow, parts of the site were flooded and we needed our wellies. Although the shower block is old it is kept spotlessly clean with fresh flowers in the ladies, and a waste disposal point. You also have access to the Cricket club bar at the side of the camp site.

We received a very warm welcome from the lovely lady warden Kathy, always a smile and a wave as we passed her office and a chat as she walked round the site.

We hired a car from Enterprise which is about 15 minute walk from the camp site but they will deliver if preferred and will drop you back off at the site when you take the car back. Plenty of room to park the car next tour motorhome. Very useful if you don't want to take the motorhome off site, we didn't as we were visiting relatives over the weekend.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: STEVEY G 3 reviews from this member

We arrived on site, about 11-00, booked in for two nights, hard standing/electric, dates, 18th/19th July 2017. Our party consisted of, myself, my wife, and Max, our faithful staff.

Met by a very friendly warden, we paid the required amount, which was 40, for the two nights.

The warden told us to choose a pitch, then let her know the pitch number. This was probably because it was mid week as apposed to a week end, and relatively quiet.

We pitched, took a walk around the lovingly kept, well manicured, very level, very clean, tidy site, back to van for tea and a rest, we had been told by the warden that we would be welcome at the cricket club, to use their bar facilities.

I asked about local take away's, the warden gave me a good selection of menu's, she also told me that they all would deliver to the site barrier, I thought this very good of her, although my wife had bought enough food for our visit. '

The following day we decided to take a walk into the town of Worksop itself, to our surprise, this took literally TWO MINUTES. From the site, very handy

The facilities on site are second to non, toilets are cleaned every day, although they are closed from 11-00-12-30, for the process, but you have to accept this to facilitate the cleaning process.

The site was beautifully quiet during our stay, WE WILL BE RETURNING SOON.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Phoebesgran 7 reviews from this member

I used Riverside to break a journey so had just a single night here. It's a great little site, nothing remarkable about it except Kathy, the warden, what a lovely lady. It's a level site which seems to attract mostly caravans and camper vans. I was the only tent camper on the night I was there. I arrived late in the afternoon and was charged just 7. I had loads of space to pitch in and electric hook up was included so extremely good value. As a female camping alone one of the most important things for me is to feel safe which I did at Riverside despite the proximity to the town.

I will definitely be using the site again.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Anne57 2 reviews from this member

What a fantastic site, clean, quiet, very friendly, rabbits all over place, very handy, in the middle of town, handy for clumber park newark retford etc, only had 4 days not long enough really to see all we wanted to see but will definitely go back, load of room on pitches, toilets lovely and clean fresh flowers in ladies 1. 00 for showers but plenty hot water and enough time for 2 to have a good shower. Thanks kathy we will see you again

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Alnsal 1 review from this member

Only visited this site on the off chance, and was very impressed, the fact that you are more or less in the middle of town makes for a totally different break than usual, the site is tucked away behind the cricket ground and there is no evidence that you are so close to town. Finding the site was a bit tricky and perhaps some more signage could be put up off the main road, but this was probably just me. Will go back soon.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tipplers 5 reviews from this member

Just had 2 nights on this site and must state some of the features and 1 huge drawback.

The site is located slap bang in the town centre so very handy for getting to shops pubs etc etc. The site is very clean, welcoming and well laid out with all water and EHU points a plenty, EHU only 10 amp.

CCTV in abundance with security gated entrance.

Shower / Toilet block etc is immaculate and well maintained with pot wash facilities adjoined, the only negative in here for me is 1 for the shower, that's double the norm.

The big negative which must be shared for all to see is access.

On approach to the site you would be forgiven for thinking you are at a dead end and facing a Cricket Pitch and indeed you are but you are on the tightest of entrances here with concrete wall to both sides and have to make a 90 degree left turn to get in to the site entrance, this turn leaves most in danger of offside rear outswing of your van which will, if you are not careful, damage your van, indeed whilst we were there 1 poor chap with a new van did just this with huge damage as a result, he was gutted. The management at the site did also confess to me that she was aware of at least 50, YES FIFTY, vans had suffered the same way.

Exiting the site demands the exact same caution to avoid you losing your offside on the opposite wall.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Geoff+emmy 5 reviews from this member

Nice site and as others have said close to Worksop town centre with its markets pubs etc However the site has no disabled toilet and neither does the cricket club next door Which I know is no barrier for the able bodied but for a wheel chair user it tend to be a bit of a problem getting in to the site was fine its getting out there is a low wall and you have to be careful when the back end of the caravan swings round Having said that ours is an 8 mtr van and the wife can't get out to watch So with care you should be fine 18 per night

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: G4nnm 1 review from this member

What a little gem! Greeted by a very pleasant lady and made us feel very welcome. The purpose of our visit was to visit an elderly aunt who lives in Worksop. The site was very clean and well organised. The town was a 5 minute walk from the site with plenty of eateries and watering holes.

We planned 1 night stay but decided to stay for 2. Showers were 1 but well worth it.

A very good camping site and will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Magsie 31 reviews from this member

A hidden gem of a site. With so many trees, birds and rabbits, it's hard to believe you are 5 minutes easy walk from the centre of Worksop, with plenty of shops, places to eat and a thrice-weekly street market. The site has spacious pitches on hard-standing, a camping lawn, and the most helpful and friendly resident warden I have ever met. You can watch a match and have a drink at the County Cricket Club next door, or walk or cycle by the Chesterfield Canal. An ice cream van calls at the weekend.

The site does lack a laundry (and it's a long walk to the town's only launderette). Also 1 for a 15-minute shower is too much, and too long! But it's certainly the best site in the area.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alboalan 3 reviews from this member

Found this campsite on ku campsites. My husband and I stayed in tourer with awning for 4nights. Easy to get there from hull using motorways. We were pleasantly surprised when we realized we were only two minutes from the actual town of Worksop. Ideal for shopping and plenty to have a go at. My first store was Dorothy Perkins for some shorts. Heee. Iceland came up trumps too for food. We have never been so close to shopping areas on previous caravnaning trips so I was well impressed. The site is secure by barriers and the lady at the reception was so kind and helpful. She showed us a plan of the vacant areas and we picked our own and that's a bonus during summer in my eyes. We chose hard standing and had plenty of rock pegs which is a necessity. There is also a tent field but having said that there were caravans on it. There is a cricket club adjoining the site were you can quite happily use their club which had a small television in it and I think I saw a snooker table. Showers were 1 though but the price foe for the tourers etc were average being less than 20 incl. Awning so the shower price didn't put us off. Clean and welcoming this site and would recommend this site and will be returning if we need to be in that area again. Thankyou for a lovely stay at the riverside site. Incidentally, the river is through the back of the shops carpark and it is lovely. For walks and you can cross the bridge by walking too. The only slightly downfall was the narrow entrance to the actual caravan site but we made it absolutely fine. I would like to suggest a NO PARKING banner as you arrive to this site were it is tight because on one occasion we saw a parked vehicle parked and fortunately no one was coming either in out of the site with their caravan. My husband was worried when he saw this vehicle parked there and mentioned it should have. A no parking sign there. Think it could have been a local shopper not sure at all. Anyway thought I'd mention that and to put the icing on the cake weather was fantastic. Just to add I think this site is for couples not children as I didn't see park areas. Thank you again. Maggie and Alan Smalley.

Previous     50 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Nottinghamshire

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over 885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth 119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey