Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Advent Calendar

Reviews of Bainbridge Ings Country Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Hawes > Bainbridge Ings Country Park Reviews

Bainbridge Ings Country Park
Near A684
Hawes
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
DL8 3NU
Tel: 01969 667354

Open: 06/07/2020 to 31/10/2020
           01/04/2021 to 31/10/2021

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  161 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Date of Visit: September 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Peterl 1 review from this member

Very welcome at site

But toilet and shower facilities locked and not warned beforehand.

Charged £27 per night.

We then stayed at a site 9miles away for £20 per night with all facilities open. Which was the best site?

I will leave judgement to the reader.

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: FrTed 5 reviews from this member

I've been to Bainbridge Ings previously and have always enjoyed the experience and had told my better half much about it.

We decided to go for a belated anniversary getaway and I was interested to know what she'd make of it; knowing the setting to be unbeatable but the facilities a little basic and she's pretty fussy about such things!

On arrival we were greeted by Colin - one of the owners - who really couldn't have been any more welcoming and helpful. We were given a choice of pitches and picked one near some of the new glamping pods which gave us a fantastic view plus access to EHU which until we arrived, we didn't know had been made available to tents - bonus!

The site has undergone some significant changes since I was last there and I wasn't sure whether this would 'ruin' the experience with the addition of a significant number of glamping pods and statics. This wasn't an issue for us as most of them are in a separate area of the site.

Whereas previously, tent pitches were around the outside of the field, they now make use of the whole field but the pitches are well marked and spacious with some gravel hardstanding for vans / motorhomes but there's still plenty of room - even on a busy bank holiday.

Toilet and washing facilities, however had not changed and were still fairly basic and could do with updating, but everything was always clean and tidy with no queues.

The site is a short walk from Hawes which has some good pubs, cafes and a well-stocked Spar shop. Would highly recommend Caffe Curva for excellent and reasonably priced homemade food.

As others have said, the owners - Karen and Colin - could not have been more helpful and are doing an excellent job with this site. Despite us having issues with a group camped nearby partying until the wee small hours, the matter was swiftly and professionally dealt with and the incident did not spoil the stay with positive action being taken.

I understand that there are plans to withdraw group bookings which for us enjoying a bit of peace at night would be a massive benefit.

We did get access to the pods and statics to have a look around and I have to say they do look great, well equipped and comfortable and would be a fab alternative to the tent for a special treat or a visit out of season. Some even have hot tubs. With views!

We will definitely be back and look forward to seeing how the place develops. We just hope it's not over-developed and loses some atmosphere.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Demmo 17 reviews from this member

We had a night here on the way back from a vw festival. Phoned up and were booked in on arrival by the very pleasant owner. Toilet block basic but functional. On our visit the water in them was off so we had the use of on of the pods. Great location, easy walk into Hawes with some great pubs and a good chippy. Look forwards to returning in the Summer.

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Dean S 1 review from this member

My friend & I turned up in the camper van for a weeks stay & were given a plot to park on. 1st impressions, bainsbridge ings is a clean beautiful place with no muddy roads!

Very impressive layout & hard standings with power & water, the properties look amazing, there’s a washing up station, showers, toilets for campers.

The staff Colin & Karen are amazing & very helpful, they made our stay very enjoyable. The shops are a lovely walk away in awesome surroundings, a photographers gold mine, 1st impressions of surroundings, awesome!

2nd impression, wow we found a beautiful place & will be back for another peaceful stay.

Thank you Colin & Karen for your amazing hospitality & making our stay awesome.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: SUMMEROF63 10 reviews from this member

Tidy well kept site, owners very friendly, location to Hawes and surrounding attractions was ideal. Views from the site are exceptional, we visited over the busy bank holiday and the facilities were often found wanting. Site of this size could do with updating and increasing the facilities, that said, I would return. I have marked this site 8 out of 10 based upon the lack of facilities and the age of the utilities block,

But the rest of the experience makes up for any shortfalls

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Northern Monkey 1 review from this member

This has been one of my 'go to' sites for years, consisting of simple facilities kept to an outstanding standard. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the reviewer below, the changes introduced by the new owners have markedly changed the site's character.

Several 'pods' have been erected, which I find quite intrusive. They also have a marketing deal with Hoseasons, further indicating the change in focus.

That said, the owners/managers were efficient, friendly and helpful and I completely understand that increasing revenue might be necessary following the recent change in ownership. The facilities were still clean and well kept. Doubtless many will still enjoy fabulous holidays here. Hawes remains a beautiful area, and overnighting to enjoy calmer atmosphere of the village after the daytrippers have gone is recommended.

However, I may not be back; for those of us who enjoy simple no frills camping there may now be better options.

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Magsie 47 reviews from this member

The site is beautifully situated in the Yorkshire Dales, a short walk along a footpath to Hawes, the home of Wensleydale Cheese (visit the factory/shop/cafe).

The owners exploit this setting by charging a high price all year round. I was charged £25 (over 28 Euros) and told 'There is no low season'. This is too much for a site rightly described by ACSI as 'basic, with only the necessary amenities'. The facilities are indeed dated, with coin-operated showers. The owner said new facilities are planned.

The 2018 ACSI book actually lists the price as £22-£24, and this ACSI website shows a price of 21. 8 Euros low season and 26. 2 high season.

The laundry has a washer and drier, though I didn't use the washing machine after seeing the debris and moss inside the door rim.

The free WiFi did work well and the setting is lovely, but I cannot recommend the pretentiously named ‘Country Park’ at its current price.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Nosbod 1 review from this member

We have visited several times over the years to this site. It is a lovely site but facilities are desperately in need of updating. I showered twice and twice there was no pressure and the shower ran hot for a very short while then it was cold. Wouldn't have minded but I had washed my hair. Husband says his showers were fine pressure wise and hot.

It is a lovely site the people are very nice. Short walk into Hawes which is ideal, but they need to update both toilets and showers moving forward.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Keen_Camper 2 reviews from this member

Like a lot of people, we have enjoyed visiting Bainbridge Ings for many years. We returned for the second time this year with the site under new management. I'm sorry to say that things are changing at the site, and in my personal opinion not for the better. I have always found the campsite to be sympathetic to its most beautiful surroundings, especially in the camping field with unspoilt views all around.

It would now seem that the new owners are swaying more towards a 'caravan park' style of site. Rather amazingly there is a large gawdy Caravan / Lodge Style unit now placed in the tent field, which obscures the view of the beautiful old house and the Shunner fell beyond. Dry stone walls have been partially knocked down to accommodate new caravans and new paths laid in the lower field and some kind of a partially finished block paving speed bump (?) at the entrance. Why this work couldn't have been undertaken when the site closes later in the year is a little confusing.

I appreciate that the site is a business and that revenue is important; however people go to Bainbridge to spend time in the stunning scenery that is Wensleydale, the no thrills facilities have complemented this environment for years. I envisage the site turning in to a Butlins style 'leisure park' which will be truly tragic.

I'm not sure we will return to Bainbridge, it's heartbreaking to see a classic campsite being manipulated in to something that the area doesn't really need.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Howards of hessle 4 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site a few times with caravan and a motorbike and tent and love it. The owners are friendly, but sadly they're selling up. He has a triumph tiger like myself, so had a bias natter. The views are amazing and a steady walk in to Hawes. The toilets/showers are clean and well maintained. This is one of my favourite sites.

Previous     161 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Bainbridge Ings Country Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Bainbridge Ings Country Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Bainbridge Ings Country Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Hawes      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in North Yorkshire

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to £160 each PLUS a Christmas Day Star Prize worth up to £865

Get an email reminder on 1st December