Visitor Reviews - Seaside Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > North East > East Yorkshire > Driffield > Seaside Caravan Park Reviews

Seaside Caravan Park
East Farm Ulrome
Driffield
East Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO25 8TT

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop On Site   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  46 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Westyo 1 review from this member

I've been going to this site now for nearly 3 years, and it's a great site for both caravans and tents. It's very reasonably priced and has lots of toilet blocks and a shower block which also has lovely big bath. The site is very clean and well looked after. There is also a nice big beach. It's ideal for nice quiet inexpensive holidays and is also close to Bridlington and Hornsea. I would recommend this site to anyone.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hoover 1 review from this member

Booked a three night stay, on arrival at reception a notice told us to choose our pitch and the office would open at 6pm? All the toilets are locked and you need a key, which you receive on booking in!

There is NO access to the beach as it has all fell into the sea. The nearest access is 15 mins away. The nearest pub is 2. 5 miles away? The toilet blocks are out of the seventies and really cannot see why they are kept locked?? Hot water can take an age to come through so don't give up.

For the price it is a nice site but with no access to the beach and no pub local

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lexybob 1 review from this member

I have been coming to Seaside Caravan Park for almost 30 years, although it is approximately 5 years since my last visit. It is a great site in the fact that it is so close to the sea and is very spacious with wonderful views from the sea front, but the facilities are lacking. However, improvements need to be made.

I was hoping that some work may have been carried out in the toilet/show blocks since my last visit but this has not happened. The toilet/shower blocks have not been altered in all the years I have been coming and are beyond dated. There is still no toilet roll dispensers in each cubical and you have to take toilet roll from one main holder before you go into the cubical, which is just ridiculous!

On the Saturday morning, none of us were able to shower as the water in the showers was absolutely freezing cold, it did not get warm at all and I had to abandon my morning shower.

I was also really disappointed to see that no recycling bins have been introduced at the site since my last visit - the site is really big and it is sad that so much waste is not being recycled.

Also, the pitch size wasn't very wide. There was barely any room between our pitch and the one next to us - the couple to the side of us were almost touching our vehicle with their deckchairs when sitting out as the pitches where we were are so small. However, not all of the site appears to be like this.

I did not see the playground area, which used to be pretty good but there is lots of areas for children to play and it's safe for them to ride bikes etc. I also did not go to the shop on this occasion so I can't comment on that.

This site would be really good if they would just update the facilities and maybe not cram people in in certain areas.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Michael.dent1 4 reviews from this member

Having read both the positive and negative reviews we booked a three night stay with an open mind. First of all, the site is very easy to find and clearly sign posted. Once at the reception I was asked where I wanted to pitch our caravan, the choice being overlooking the sea or a more sheltered pitch. I was then given a pitch number and the directions but was also given the option to swap it if I wanted to. The pitch was grass with ECU and was level. The fresh and waste water were nearby as were the bins, chemical waste and toilet block, with the showers and another toilet block being the same distance to the rear of us. Although the toilets & showers are from yesteryear, they are clean. There is a shop on site but can't comment on that as we didn't use it. The beach is accessible from the site via steep steps. There is a chippy a few mins walk away and the Skipsea Sands site (Park Resorts) is a few more mins walk away and on the exit of that site is another chippy & a club.

To sum up the site I would say it is a no frills site in a good location and I will book again next year.

Reviewer: Cazie6 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from a great weekend camping. After reading the reviews we were a little worried about what it would be like, but it was unnecessary and was not like some of the other reviews at all.

The toilets and showers are really clean (showers are free and the water was hot though I had kept having to push the button as it would stop running after a minute). They give you a key to use them (not sure why they aren't left open but maybe they don't want kids in and out and wrecking them as you see sometimes on other camp sites). The thing I thought was strange was that when you use the toilet, you have to take toilet paper as you enter as there are none in the cubicles?! I've never known anything like that before!

The site is massive and there is no dedicated play area or equipment which again I found strange for the size of the site. However, there are lots of places for the kids to play and the beach is right there too. I was told by another camper we can use the facilities at Skipsea caravan park which has a pool for a small fee but we didn't go.

The location is great, Bridlington, Flamborough, Filey, Scarborough and Hornsea are not too far away and I found it cheaper to camp here. There is a chippy just up from the site but we never used it so can't say what it's like. There is also big tescos in Hornsea and Bridlington which are both around 7 miles away and a big morrisons in Bridlington too.

We camped in the overspill field which is huge and there only about 4 other tents in it. It did look a little cramped on the sea front and the caravans and motorhomes didn't seem to have much room between them which I wouldn't have liked but for tents it seemed to be ok and like I said, there was loads of room in the overspill.

Myself, husband and 8 year old nephew had a great time. My nephew loved seeing all the wild rabbits and a little field mouse which decided to make an appearance when we were BBQ-ing, and of course being so close to the beach.

All in all we had a great time and we'll definitely be going back, hopefully in the next few weeks.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jess2107 4 reviews from this member

Arrived on site, given a map of pitches and the pitch number. Once we found it we started pitching up, we were unsure which way to pitch as wasn't told and the place was full of tourer caravans. Cut a long story we pitched facing the road as this is what we usually get told to do at other places but it was wrong. Need clearer instructions on which way to pitch.

Lots of toilet blocks around, you need a key on you at all times to use them but my god they are run down! For the price to camp here id expect it to be more modern, I felt like I was walking into old school toilets! There was 1toilet roll to supply the whole toilet block which was a nightmare wen you were busting to go! Id recommend taking your own toilet roll.

Nothing to wash your hands just a sink, no soap or paper towels.

The showers were run down and mouldy too. A block of around 5 showers which also need modernizing! These were located to the back of the campsite which is quite a walk if your at the front end.

Pot washing facilities were filthy, no drainer and small round sinks, had to fill my own bowl up with a cup as couldn't get the bowl under the tap. Then had to take all back to the tent as nowhere to drain water off them before drying.

There is a shop on site but we walked to the site down the road (past the fish n chip shop) and used their shop as it has more variety, the other campsite also had a laundrette, nail bar, arcades, pub etc so your not stuck if you need anything, you just have to walk to get to it.

There was a smoothie wagon on site that came on our last day which was delicious and the ice cream van came around 12ish.

One good thing about this site is your departure time is 4pm so there's no rushing to pack up and go!

Loved the site location and enjoyed hearing the waves on a night, ideal if you have dogs, you cantake them straight onto the beach. The first row of seaview camping is non electric so we ended up on the 4th row right next to the bins and water tap, which was a bit annoying early in a morning.

I did enjoy my stay though but I'm afraid for the price id have expected more, your basically paying for the rocky beach.

I will come again in the near future but it isnt on the top of my list!

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andy and maz 10 reviews from this member

My husband and I have just spent a weekend here. Unfortunately after lots of heavy rain some of the pitches were waterlogged, but we asked for a sea view when we booked in and the man in reception helpfully gave us a spot at the far end. We needed to use ramps to get level but after a bit of faffing about it was a really great pitch. You can take the steps down to the beach for a lovely walk and paddle!

The loos are in some need of updating. I can only comment on the block near us as I didn't venture into the others. They are clean (sort of)! I'm sure that it would not cost too much to refit them with new tiles and to put soap dispensers, paper towel holders and indeed toilet paper in the cubicles, (Take your own loo roll) I can't comment on the showers as they were in the main block and I didn't go in there but I wouldn't expect too much.

The location is the biggest thing this place has going for it as it really is right on the cliff edge.

Would we come again? Yes we would but it isn't up there on our list of favourites.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Tillydog124 2 reviews from this member

We were looking for a site next to the beach to chill out and walk the dogs, this site fits the bill. As Caravan Club members, we usually stay on CL's but this was a very last minute booking due to a change in original plans and I was slightly hesitant to book a more 'commercial' site as we do like peace and quiet.

Our pitch was spacious, the whole site was very well looked after, toilets and showers were old fashioned but most importantly very clean. The view is unbeatable and the beach ideal for dog walking, we only had to walk maybe 20 yards to the wooden steps down to the beach.

We were pleasantly surprised how quiet the site was, especially considering how big it is and that it was a Bank Holiday weekend.

We got exactly what we wanted, a quiet weekend away from our usually very busy daily lives.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jan + Don + Molly 28 reviews from this member

We love this site! Visited for the first weekend of opening and met up with old friends! The site is great as ever and the view is just the best! The coastal erosion has now taken the café just off site but there is a shop on this site. It was quite busy but quiet even though it was the weekend. Fabulous beach and dog friendly. Sadly the toilets are just as grimy as ever so we don't tend to use them. (Better cleaners would remedy this) We will continue to visit as often as we can.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mim Clark 8 reviews from this member

Initially a little worried about the site due to reading other reviews but.

Perfect location. Right on the beach. Easy for early morning walks and late night campfires.

Well tended site. Pitches nicely planned with plenty of room for awning, 2 cars, 2 dogs and a washing line. Became crowded at the weekend. Electricity fused regularly.

Toilets, laundry etc. Basic but working and clean.

Shop was wonderful, like stepping back in time.

Owners straight forward Yorkshire people.

Would definitely recommend for a SUMMER break.

Previous     46 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in East Yorkshire

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more