Visitor Reviews - National Water Sports Centre

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

National Water Sports Centre
Holme Pierrepont
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
NG12 2LU
Tel: 0115 982 1212

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Glamping Units
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 1 mile   No Cycle Hire   No Golf   No Tennis
 No Beach   Watersports On Site   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  56 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: September 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: G Soames 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 2 nights on a electric grass pitch, the site was spacious with good quality, clean shower blocks. Just up the road, 15 min walk, was the no. 11 bus stop for direct access into Nottingham which was very handy.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Eldraco 3 reviews from this member

Nice site across from the watersport centre.

Code entry through the barrier, plenty of space for the pitch.

Electric hook up.

Small park for kids on site but when you have the watersports centre 5 minutes walk away its no problem.

Toilets on site, keypad entry were clean, didn't use showers.

Small shop on site (didn't use)

Can leave at 4pm if you wish on sundays which is good.

Easy access.

Plenty of places to visit by car in the area if that's your thing, Nottingham Castle, Sherwood Forest, Matlock etc, Derby etc etc.

Plenty of space for my two year old to run about on without bothering other campers.

Already booked another break there next month so recommend it.

My ideal site is somewhere I can relax with a fresh bacon butty in my hand, have room for the little one to play, good dog walks and things to do if I want to. So this site ticks all the boxes for me

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sivadar 3 reviews from this member

One campsite I will not return to. Yes it is big, grass, Hard standing, EHU. Obviously a site that caters only for the activities at the water sports centre.

EHU grass pitches are OK but had bigger.

PIN code to get is good and feels a bit secure. That's where it ends. For an advertised 18 acres the facilities are abysmal. One toilet / shower block. C'mon totally inadequate. Where else would you find Elsan / chemical toilet disposal dotted around a site, and not even covered. Kids playing around them. Why they not by toilet block.

Chavs who had no thought for anyone else. One even put HOT bbq coals in a plastic skip and caught fire. Play area for kids far too small. Oh yes, if you have a dog, be be prepared to take your dog mess home because I never saw ONE poo bin on site. Or you could just let your animal crap wherever and leave it. Sorry NWSC, you have some work to to do.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pnefan 6 reviews from this member

Just returned from this site after staying three nights in our FC. Our Son, Daughter in Law and 9 year old grandson also stayed with us. The bloke in reception was helpful and pleasant when we booked in. Entrance for cars is through a pin controlled barrier. The site is close to Nottingham and on a bus stop which is is about a 12 minute walk away. It is flat with a choice of grass and hardcore pitches well laid out with hard core roads and lights dotted around to mark out the drinking water points. The toilet block contains 10 cubicles in the womens side and 5 enclosed showers. In front it has four pot washing sinks with drainers all of which are supplied with hot and cold water. Whilst not over blessed with changing space all of them having shower curtains, an area to change and 4 hooks on the door for hanging items on. The water is activated by touching a sensor under the shower head. I cant say how many facilities are provided in the mens side as I didn't go in them. There are also two disabled rooms available attached to the side of the block but one was out of order when we were there. I assume the other was OK as we saw several disabled people including two in wheel chairs entering the facilities whilst we were there. The site is suitable for wheel chair users as it is flat and the hard core roads don't have pot holes. As we were sited near the toilet block on the EHU hard standing pitches (no 82) I can confirm that they blocks are cleaned twice a day. In between the cleaning the floor and showers can get quite messy. People seem to think its OK to walk around the site with no shoes on then enter the toilet blocks without wiping ther feet on the provided mat bringing in dirt etc. Its worse when the grass has just been cut. People were walking in large amounts of grass clippings. It was also covering the shower floors and also up the shower walls and on the shower curtains! Some person also thought it was a good idea to vacate the shower cubicle then liberally cover her self in talcom powder leaving large amounts on the floor. As I have previously said I can vouch the blocks are cleaned twice a day its some of fhe people using them that are the problem. The toilets blocks appear to have been recently renovated. The only complaint was the water pressure in the showers and some of the taps in the provided hand basins weren't working. The ones that were we also only providing hot water, a novelty whilst cleaning your teeth! Soap dispensers were provided and the hand dryers were all operational. There are large mirrors provided over the hand basins but no electric point for hairdryers nor are there any fixed hairdryers so if you aren't on EHU you wont be able to dry your hair. This is a child friendly site and our grandson enjoyed his first camping experience so much he wants to go again. As the name implies its ery close to the watersports centre but its nlt just for people into water sports. We enjoyed the foot golf, the miniature pitch and put facilities and also the adventure play ground on the national water sport facility. There are a charge for some activities.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kinza123 32 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a weekend stay at this touring park. If I could rate 0 out of 10 I would.

The campsite is sold as open all year round with hard standing pitches, and a shop stocking all your essentials. The pitches are not hard standing, they are gravel with slime and if you are lucky a bit more gravel in the corner.

All the paths and the road were covered in mud, the road leading to the toilet block is mud. I appreciate weíve had rain and itís March, but if they canít cope with the drainage issues then they should not open all year.

The facilities for obtaining water are the worst I have ever seen in my life, and I have stayed at hundreds of sites all over the UK.

The Elsan point is disgusting.

You may think there is a warden on site, we did say hello to someone in the on site reception but he spent the day with another man staying in a caravan, they washed a car and a caravan with a pressure washer, that was it.

The shop is not stocked with all my essentials, unless I can survive on a bottle of water and an information leaflet. Again I appreciate itís winter, but if they canít offer the facilities please donít advertise them.

Iím grateful I was staying in my own caravan, not one of the pods, as the mud leading up to them was like Glastonbury after the festival, however I will be spending the next few days trying to clean out the inside of my car and van.

The atmosphere was slightly strange, all the long standing vans on the site plus the people arriving and sleeping in their cars, did make me wonder what the admission arrangements were.

I can honestly say this is the worst site I have ever visited, and Iím not alone, the two families adjacent were horrified too.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Maxidoodle 5 reviews from this member

Used this site so that we could travel to a nearby festival by public transport, so can't comment on the majority of the facilities within the site, although it looked spacious and lovely.

We arrived late on Friday and could choose any pitch and the range available and the hard standing plots were good. It is also on good public transport routes (may have a little walk to the stops).

After returning all muddy from the festival late Saturday night I used the showers and although the only toilet block we could see weren't 100% clean they were far better than we'd returned from, so the mud on the floors etc weren't too bad (and I cleaned up after myself). However, my husband had warned me about the 'trickle' of a shower and he wasn't exaggerating. There is no way I could rinse the bubbles out of washed hair and the drainage wasn't much better. The cubicles offer little space to put your towel and clothes and opening the door to get in and out was difficult and I class myself as medium build/slim.

I could forgive this if they were charging nearer £12-15 per night, but we were paying £22 p/night and should expect a reasonable shower it.

We'd not used any other facility, incl minimal electricity because we were out all day, so this site was expensive for what we got.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Shane9468 1 review from this member

Stayed here last week, I do like the site, open spaces for the kids good pub nearbye poppy and pint, but the showers and toilets are not so good useable but shut your eyes, , they have delivery service from a few takeaways which save you cooking etc. Its close to both football grounds only half hour walk back through ladybay and a couple of pubs to stop off at,

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Das545701 11 reviews from this member

Having spent the weekend here with a rally I have to say that its a lovely place to stay.

The reviews about the toilets/showers have been noted and will be upgraded this year.

But having said that they are not that bad, its the people that use them that make it such a mess its seems to be the norm that people don't clean up after them and allow children to play in them.

The shop is fair taking in to account that Morrison have a large store 5 minutes away.

I have been to many places a lot worse than this.

A cafť only 5 minutes walk away and a good breakfast to be had there.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: FrettingPete 9 reviews from this member

This is an excellent site let down by one thing - the toilet and shower facilities.

Entrance is by a coded barrier although the reception area is a little tired.

The pitches are level, well-spaced and easy to access.

The site has a very open feel and there is very little road noise.

There is a small playground with a large sand pit.

Unfortunately, the toilet block is very old fashioned and is a little off-putting. There is a definite drain smell and the amenities are not cleaned well. Obviously, the clientele have a good deal to answer for regarding the cleanliness of the toilets and showers but little effort, it would seem, is expended in maintaining them to a high standard. No doubt some of the toilet doors once had locks and the showers once had curtains.

My wife refused to use the dish washing sinks.

The proximity of Nottingham is a bonus - a bus stop is nearby but ask in reception for directions. There is a pleasant walk along the river which takes you almost to the city centre.

The National Water Sports Centre is a ten minute walk and has facilities for activities other than water sports - a huge outdoor activity centre for children and a crazy golf course.

During events at the Water Sports Centre the site can become very busy.

We stayed at the site because our daughter lives nearby but if we had been simply visiting the area we may have looked for a site elsewhere.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Barnabys 29 reviews from this member

Stayed here for the bank holiday weekend on a hardstanding pitch.

Site is easy to find and set in a great location for cycling/kayaking/walking or visiting Nottingham etc.

Check in was a bit odd I had to speak first and after she took payment I had to ask was that all?, they could be a bit more chatty and give out leaflets etc.

Pitch was hardstanding huge, level and drained well, hookups good and never tripped.

The site was packed with campers, one side was a large rally and the other side full of students doing a rowing event. It was quite noisy in the day with the rally playing loud music but come 9-10 you could hear a pin drop and we had a peaceful few nights.

The toilet /shower block is very tired and dated nowhere near enough for the size of the site, there was large que's each morning and on the last morning 4 of the 6 toilet door locks had been broken also the floor was swimming in water and grass, thankfully we used our own facilities.

The toilet block was the only thing that let's the site down and needs updating and some kind of key entry to stop kids from playing in them.

TV and mobile signal good. On site shop poorly stocked but supermarkets not too far away.

Not many water/waste points a bit of a hike to fill up/empty.

Kids play area basic but adequate.

Dog friendly but no poo bins!

We really enjoyed our time here and look forward to returning but not on a bank holiday.

Previous     56 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Nottinghamshire

Win an Outwell Sleeping Package worth over £399 Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire
Save £20 on a weekend's camping with masses to do ...more

Play the UKCampsite.co.uk
Easter Hunt

Easter Hunt

Follow the clues, find the answer, and win a fantastic Easter prize - a TV / DVD Combo worth £399!