Visitor Reviews - Brynowen Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Ceredigion > Aberystwyth > Brynowen Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts ) Reviews

Brynowen Holiday Park ( Parkdean Resorts )
Borth
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion   (Browse area)
SY24 5LS

Open: 22nd March - 11th November

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 1 mile   No Tennis
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 5 miles  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  29 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Emmzybird 2 reviews from this member

Park dean Borth very bad service for the price charged.

Just back from a Easter break at Borth park dean site staying on there touring 'Hard standing' pitches. Where do I begin! The booking process was difficult as didn't really want Friday to Friday holiday but was told this was all we could book. On arrival we booked in and was told to take our pick of any available pitches, most pitches were covered by abandoned static caravans but we're then moved to one side with a tractor which churned up the already bogged and water logged pitches. The hard standing pitches were not large enough for any standard size caravan in length and barely in width. The newly refurbished (not finished) toilet blocks located amongst the static vans and so used by them regularly, as there was only 1 shower per female and 1 male there was often a queue and worse still no hot water resulting in stone cold showers. There was no waste water drainage point and the washing up / Elson point facilities were not fit for purpose, dirty and to put it mildly run down. Complaints were made both to the general manager on site and customer services via email to be told the weather had been bad and this couldn't be Would not use park dean sites again.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Lodclwyd 2 reviews from this member

We love Borth and have visited Brynowen quite a few times. The overall site is very good, but the touring facilities just go steadily down hill.

In particular, hygiene standards in the toilet block have deteriorated, and I doubt if we will be going back again. We were there for a week, and in that time I only had one shower, as the smell from the urinals when coming out of the shower just put me off. I think the water is turned off to the urinals. Rather have a wash in the van.

The toilet paper machines are both broken, and often empty. I think the floor may have been mopped once. It wasn't even brushed daily. The waste bin wasn't emptied the whole time we were there - presumably it had to fill up before it was emptied. One day there was no hot water - I informed the reception - no apology. Worse still, there was no hot water the next day either. No soap in the dispensers. Terrible.

Oh, and the early diner deals seem to have been scrapped as well. Disappointing :)

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Tina76 2 reviews from this member

Went once and wanted to leave as soon as I got there. Defenetly not my type of holiday ended up in a van over looking a dirty smelly stream if you can call it that. We paid for a gold caravan and the van my sister had was bronze hers was a lot nicer so they gave me 30 refund this holiday was that awful I drove to barmouth and booked in with sunnysands for a week after this was the first year I'd tried somewhere different to my usually holiday won't be doing it again. Wouldn't recommend to anyone

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Paul G57 1 review from this member

Borth is lovely with an open pebbled beach and stunning views. We walked the costal paths. There is a local nisa shop selling everything you may need and also a premier shop in the village which is equally well stocked. A couple of pubs in the village which allow dogs (even though we don't have one) but all well behaved. The train runs every hour (accept 10. 05am - don't know why ) and is a good way to travel up and down the coast. The Animalarium was good value and you are able to get really close to the animals. We were told that they are awaiting the arrival of 2 lions. The park entertainment block is new and very comfortable with friendly staff. However, we did not eat there so cannot comment on the food. Reception was informative on arrival.

However, the touring and camping area of approx 16-20 pitches is a very forgotten part of the park. Overgrown grass, mud and small tarmac pitches that we struggled to get our van on. Couldn't decide whether the fresh water point was a fire service point and it was about to break but everybody seemed to be using it. We were given a code for the toilet block but it was open 24/7 - 1 shower and 2 toilets and the block was used by anyone passing so no privacy and no loo roll. It was also grubby and would benefit from an face lift or something built nearer the tourers. That aside you don't spend your holiday in the toilet block so it was tolerable - just. Would I go back - unsure.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Chriswa 1 review from this member

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, but then the holiday went downhill fast when we got to our Caravan, we had no gas, so had to call them out, they put a new bottle in, but the next morning we could not light the fire, there should have been a lighter for the fire, but it was missing, so we were very cold waiting for the office to open so that we could get one, the beds were very uncomfortable with the springs pushing through the mattresses, the Caravan was very basic, needless to say, we will not be going to this site again.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mikedunne 4 reviews from this member

Just spent 2 days here and what a massive disappointment its amazing what a decent website can do. Paid 45 pound per night to pitch in what I can only describe as a gypsy site. Basically a car park dumped in the corner of the site next to the main road. Toilet block a shabby building with only 1 shower and no toilet roll half of the time. Pitches close together and very run down. Its a shame as the rest of the site isnt that bad and staff were very friendly. Borth is very nice as well with a few good pubs on the sea front. If any management read this I suggest you invest heavily in the touring section or scrap it all together as unhappy customers are not good for your rep and there seamed to be a lot of them whilst I was there. Massively overpriced and will not be returning. Awful !

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Will87 1 review from this member

We have Just come back from Brynowen today. I cant say much for the touring pitches as they consisted of a slab of tarmac to set your van on and the rest was a muddy mosh pit! and forget about pegging your awning down with 2inches of soft ground then what seemed like hardcore slab and brick ends. Once set up walking around the van was mud sliding however everything stayed where it had to.

The weather was awesome so lots of fun to be had on the (stony) beaches and beer gardens.

Took the little one swimming and to the playground on site which were really good (and busy) the club facilities were very good as they have just finished refurbishment however entertainment is still your run of the mill bingo, girl singing in sparkly dress etc which was ok and what we have come to expect.

Shower and toilet block where disgusting, the shower had a horrible film over it, the thought of going in there bare foot mad me shudder. On time the was a girl 'cleaning' in there and I offered for her to clean the shower before I used it, she declined as 'it didn't need doing'. Erm ?!

You will only get entertainment passes for the amount of people booked in on your pitch so if you want to take a friend from another site or localy they will have to cough up £10 per pass. Don't be fooled by the '6 people per pitch booking' Spiel on the website.

The reception staff were very polite when you arrive but if you have any issues or complaints they are shockinlgy unhelpful and when you ask to speak to the manager he was not in to help either and when you ask for a number he hasnt got one and an email address 'he probably wont answer'.

Really good on site shop very comprehensive. Very impressed.

A stones throw from the beach.

I will not be rushing back to this caravan site however will be rushing back to Borth.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: LR2007 19 reviews from this member

The site has a few touring pitches which are not the best with regard to size and location to toilet block, however, for the price we paid you couldn't have complained. There is only one shower in the toilet block but it was cleaned daily and overall very clean in comparison to some sites we have stayed at. We were only there for a few days and it was ok for our requirements but we would not choose to stay there for any length of time. We also got free entertainment passes which was a bonus if you wanted to use those facilities. Good location for beach access etc, a few pubs which also allow well behaved dogs in the bar if you want to eat out at a reasonable price too. Work still in progress with regard to the beach though.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: A1drummer 1 review from this member

Having booked a 2bed bryowen gold plus for a fortnight very disappointed to find it was sandwiched between 2 smaller statics. The dishwasher smelt awful, when I complained I was told they were waiting for a part (never did arrive)and there shold have been a do not use notice on it, there were no net curtains so it was like living in a goldfish bowl. The moulded shower seat was split, the front blinds were broken, the breakfast bar stools had rusty bases, no handle for the grill pan, venetian blinds were pitted and the wands were missing. The electric tripped out twice on the outside supply and the gas boiler broke down, although they did fix it promptly. Not very good considering we paid nearly £800 for a fortnight. We didn't use any of the facilities on the site so couldn't comment on them. On the plus side Borth is a lovely place and the scenery is breathtaking, nice pub nearby, good meals served there incuding Sunday carvery.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Vickiscottjake 1 review from this member

Just got back from a week away at this site. Firstly, we didn't realise that Hoseasons, who we booked through are a dealer of Park Resorts sites, which had we known this before we booked the holiday, I probably would have looked for a separate site as we have stayed at Park Resorts sites before and haven't enjoyed our stay. I could write a pretty lengthy review about the site, but I'll keep it brief so it doesn't get boring. We arrived last Saturday (03/08) at 15:45, 15 mins early before our check in time of 16:00, which I didn't think would be too early, so went straight into the check in point to pick up the keys to our caravan, but was told that the caravan was not yet ready, and that I would need to come back at 16:00. I didn't argue about this as the check in time clearly said 16:00, however it did make me wonder why our home for the week was not ready with 15 minutes to go prior to our scheduled check in time. Anyway, I went back at 16:00, still no keys, and much waiting around, and walking back and forth to my car where my partner and 9 year old were waiting we finally got our keys at 16:45, 45 minutes after we should have checked in, this after a 4 hour drive from Luton I thought was disgusting. Anyway, that being my biggest annoyance we then had three glasses either crack, or break in the caravan, one of them whilst my 9 year old son was drinking from one of them, leaving us with 1 of the 4 glasses to use for the rest of the week. Perhaps the park should try investing a little bit more money in such items, not to mention that my son could have swallowed the piece of glass that came off in his hand. The other major annoyance was the fact that it took a solid 10-15 minutes to light our gas oven to cock a pizza on our first day on the site. Once lit, we then had to press one of the kitchen table benches up against oven door to ensure the pizza cocked as each time we tried closing the oven door, the pilot light would go out. Really bad. That said, half way through the holiday our fuse box tripped meaning we lost all lighting in the caravan, however upon calling the emergency out of hours number, 5 minutes later a couple of chaps were at our caravan and fixed our issue. The on site swimming pool, bar, shop, and entertainment complex, comprising of the usual disco hall, children's park and sports complex were all pretty good, but otherwise the caravan and it's facilities were pretty basic, and the customer service from what I saw on that first day when we were delayed was also pretty dire, however I rated them higher purely for the out of hours service we got. I wouldn't go back.

Previous     29 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Ceredigion

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more