Visitor Reviews - Beadnell Bay Caravan Park ( No Tents )

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Beadnell Bay Caravan Park ( No Tents )
Beadnell Bay
Beadnell
Northumberland   (Browse area)
NE67 5BW
Tel: 01665 720589

Pitches: 20 NO TENTS!
Open: April To October

No Tents   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Toilet Facilities   Hot Showers   No Washing Up Area   No Bathroom
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  19 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Brendanr2004 490 reviews from this member

We stayed at this site while walking sections of the Northumberland Coastal Path.

It is a large park, mainly devoted to statics. However, they have a very secluded, small area for motorhomes. These are set in the sand dunes and are well located for the beach.

Facilities are basic but adequate.

Stunning location and great pitches.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Johnmac13 2 reviews from this member

This is a really nice site with mainly adults and dogs with a few children at weekends. Book early as it does understandably get full. Big spaces between pitches and freedom to put your van sideways on gives a choice of views. Showers are good with lots of hot water and very clean.

It is a working farm and there is understandably the usual farm traffic smells and noises (no problem with that). My only criticism is that if you are parked next to the big barn in the family field you may get woken up early and I think the owners should consider the campers a bit more. We were woken at 6. 45 am with sheep being moved in and left in this big echoing barn, - could this not have been done a little later leaving the campers in piece. I think 8. 00am is not unreasonable. Also if dogs are asked to be kept tethered it would be nice if the owners checked occasionally, apart from the mowing we did not see them on site at all during our stay. These were minor things though and this undoubtedly one of the best sites in the North East.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Djbowwow 3 reviews from this member

This is my favourite caravan site, I love it. It has a fantastic location in the sand dunes next to the beach. It is very dog friendly as you can take the dog on the beach without having to cross any roads. We found this by accident as we thought we were booked at the beadnell bay caravan and campsite. The facilities arnt up too much, however there is enough to make the stay comfortable.

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Sian11john 5 reviews from this member

I decided at 10am on a Saturday morning to head up to Beadnell in my campervan and rang to book on the way. I rang Tom the owner on arrival and he directed me to the small touring area at the end of the static site. A huge pitch set in the sand dunes and a 30 second walk onto Beadnell Bay beach through private access.

The location was perfect, the facilities were not. It took a while to find the site then the toilet block was a little bit away in a large wooden hut in amongst the statics, we had to ask a neighbour for directions. The toilets were ok, I wouldn't use the sinks or showers and there was no light at night.

A bit pricey at 22 a night with bad facilities but I guess you're paying for location.

If you have your own facilities then it's great.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andy and maz 10 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 4 nights just before Easter. Location wise, the touring area of the site was brilliant, set into the sand dunes away from the the statics and miles of beautiful beach just over the dunes. When we arrived other was no sign of any warden, just a note in the window of the office saying what number pitch we were on. The was a maze of little roads through the statics which by sheer coincidence we managed to negotiate to get to the touring pitches, no signage at all and had we taken a wrong turn we really would have been in a pickle. We only spoke to a warden the next day when I had to phone up for the code for the bathrooms. These were quite abysmal and the showers looked awful, I was extremely grateful our caravan has a shower because quite frankly I wouldn't shower a dog in those facilities. Only as we were leaving did a warden show up to collect the rest of the pitch fees we owed them. However the chap was very friendly and offered to bring the tractor to help us manoeuvre out. Ten out of ten for location but not such a good score for the rest.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: RS199 14 reviews from this member

We read about this place being amongst the dunes so we prebooked for one night as part of our Northumbrian tour.

When we arrived we were met by the great warden/owner who escorted us through what seemed like hundreds of static caravans. Our hearts sank, what was going on? Then we turned down a track, away from the statics and into the dunes. Our eyes popped and silly grins followed, perfect!

There are just five pitches sort of cut into the dunes, each with E. H. , an old portable bar-b-que, table and chairs and a communal tap. At first glance it all lookes a bit topsy turvy, but that is the beauty of the place. Basic!

Hardly had the wheels of the camper stopped when we ran up the dunes (which were literally in front of you) and down onto a huge, gorgeous and empty beach. The dog wouldn't come off it!

What an amazing location. We were so impressed we stayed two more nights.

As pointed out the toilet block is 'average' but fit for purpose.

The 20 a night might sound pricey for the amenities. But the location more than makes up for it.

There is an excellent chippy in the village.

A great location and a good base for exploring the wonderful coastline and as near to wild camping as you can get without actually doing it!

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BarnsleyFc 2 reviews from this member

This is without doubt a lovely site for tourers, tucked away in the dunes, and 1 minute to a beautiful beach. If it`s peace and quiet you want, this is the place for you! No complaints whatsoever, true, the shower block is basic, but its good enough for what you need to do in there!

If you have dogs it is great for them, miles of beach to tire them out. Our dog had a fantastic time. She`s been crying since we came home! Village is fine, shop that sells most things, a chippy, and a couple of pubs. Seahouses is 5 mins away, and is quite a busy little place. Overall, a great site!

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JimnBridge 7 reviews from this member

The location is second to none, however on arrival we were allocated pitch 18 which is in the middle of the statics. Luckily enough someone else was on it and were packing up, so the warden put us nearer the sand dunes. Not in the sand dunes where we would have preferred but close enough. I spoke to the owner after 2 days and he said we could move pitches if we would like to, we declined his offer as we were going home the next day. But my point is. If you want to be right next to the beach, ask when booking.

For 20 a night your paying for the location, not the facilities.

Great beaches and walks all around you. Will be back. But in the dunes hopefully

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Stevearty 7 reviews from this member

This is our first visit to this site, although we know the area well. I'd picked it because of the close proximity of the beach.

Our pitch was sited in the dunes, quite literally a stone's throw from the beach. As an aside, Bamburgh was voted one of the UK's top ten beaches, Beadnell Bay must be a very close twin-sister.

The warden met us on arrival and showed us to our pitch, offered to help get us on and was generally extremely helpful.

Facilities are basic, but for us the location and access to the beach are paramount. We will definitely be staying here again.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Axwj29 3 reviews from this member

A lovely area that I would recommend to anyone, the Craster Arms in Beadnells does lovely food, home made chips and a few veggie options. The best thing about this site was the direct access to the beach. I was dubious about the toilet and shower facilities given other reviews here, but they were ok - basic but clean. Some soap for washing hands would have been good.

Now to the downsides:

There was no warden about when I arrived but a note on the door showed where my pitch was. The warden showed up as I was levelling my caravan and did offer to help. Unfortunately he didn't mention that I needed a code to access the toilet/shower facilities! Luckily another camper gave it to me when I needed it.

I had to clean some litter up on the pitch, including a wire coat hanger which could have posed a danger to dogs or children.

There was a sign at the site entrance stating that dogs were to be kept on lead but unfortunately some did not adhere to the rule.

A member of staff was rude to my guests and told them they were not welcome. Unfortunately I wasn't there at the time but he told them that visitors were not allowed to park on pitches. I did note that most of the other caravanners had visitors coming and going and some had more than one vehicle on their pitch most of the time.

There is not a tap at the waste disposal and there was no separate drain for grey waste. I was not able to lift my grey waste tank to empty it in the drain provided.

Previous     19 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Northumberland

Win an Outwell Sleeping Package worth over 399 Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to 175!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire
Save 20 on a weekend's camping with masses to do ...more

Play the UKCampsite.co.uk
Easter Hunt

Easter Hunt

Follow the clues, find the answer, and win a fantastic Easter prize - a TV / DVD Combo worth 399!