Reviews of Beachside Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (West) > Hayle > Beachside Holiday Park Reviews

Beachside Holiday Park
Beachside
Hayle
Cornwall (West)   (Browse area)
TR27 5AW

Open: 01/04/2021 to 31/10/2021

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   No Restaurant
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Beach On Site   Watersports <1 mile   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  49 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: July 2020 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 6 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Eurocampa 2 reviews from this member

We booked our tent on a large pitch with electric hook up for a week. Despite the fact the beach is amazing I'm afraid the campsite completely lets itself down.

1) the owners informed us they do monitoring patrols yet my young family endured 3 nights of loud music and noise from a camping family next to us.

2) there is only 1 shower/toilet/washing up facility and despite regular cleaning it gets very dirty very quickly.

3) the above experience and distinct lack of shower blocks raises questions as to why the campsite charges such expensive prices. Around 500 for the week.

4) the campsite arranged for a pop up bar next to the playing field. To me this is encouraging drinking and is a poor example to kids.

In short if you are looking for a campsite where there is respect for others and a good nights sleep, and a campsite with plentiful shower/toilet blocks, then don't stay here at beachside. Its standards fall way below what I've been used to over the past 30 years and the golden rule of camping and respecting noise levels is one this campsite does not follow.

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: DJx1 6 reviews from this member

We love this site because its wonderfully quiet the view is amazing staff are friendly toilets clean and modern.

The entrance to the site is steep and only single track so you need to make sure nothing is coming the other way when you enter.

A lot of the touring pitches are not level so blocks are needed.

The site has its own bar swimming pool and shop.

The sunset from here during the summer is just awesome when we are here we generally eat out and there are plenty of places to eat and drink the closest pub is the oddly named Bucket of blood who do really good home cooked meals the landlord is a bit of a character however a bit further along the same road is the Bluff inn this place has a view of St Ives to die for and the Sunday carvery is great to walk to it it is best to walk over the dunes as the road has no pavement and is frankly dangerous also must recommend the Cornish arms down in the town.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Michaelmorris 17 reviews from this member

Sloping site with many level pitches very close to a nice beach. Showers and loos are good and shop is okay. The telly in the club was a little loud if they left the windows open. This is a well situated site with pleasant, helpful staff. The only real downside is that the whole site is a little shabby and in need of a bit of money and tlc to bring it up to modern standards.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Milese 2 reviews from this member

This was our 4th or 5th visit back - all short 2 or 3 night stays outside of high season.

Not much more to be said about this site.

First class location, sites leads on to what must be one of the best beaches in the country.

Lots to do in the local area, it's touristy but not tacky. Not much easy walking distance (depending on your appetite for walking around a mile or more), but Hayle town isn't far and has a number of shops. Penzance and St Ives very close and have much more to offer.

Top Tip - check what is being shown at the Minac theatre which is about a 40 minute drive away. You won't regret it.

A variety of pitches including some nice secluded ones in the sand dunes - look on the site map on their website to pick one of the pitches that are more spaced out, above the toilet block. We were on pitch 51 which was nice.

Good shower / toilet / washing up facilities - all modern and very clean.

Heated outdoor swimming pool.

Decent shop.

Didn't visit bar.

Not the cheapest, but probably comparable to other sites with this location and level of facilities.

Now our children are starting school seriously considering a full week here in the summer holidays next year.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Kakadu3369 16 reviews from this member

This is our second time at Beachside, we booked straight away last year to come back again.

The location is fantastic and the site offers everything you need as a family.

We were located at the back of the site on top of the dunes and due to the site sloping down tothe sea, it is quite a climb up from the beach and up from the amenities however it was worth it as the view from our pitch (90) was just simply stunning looking over to St Ives in the distance and the sunsets were amazing.

There is a well stocked shop, although a little expensive, and this year they have introduced well priced wetsuit and board hire.

The reception has plenty of local information and the staff are always happy to help.

We did not use the bar so can't comment on this but the children enjoyed the games room, football pitch, table tennis and pool.

The amenities block is new with plenty of toilets and 5 showers in each of the Men's and Women's, they were cleaned twice a day. If you avoided the peak period of between 5-7 when people came up from the beach there was always a shower free.

Both the washing up and laundry facilities housed plenty of sinks, washers and driers.

This is one of our most favourite sites and the real bonus is that you don't have to drive to the beach and when in Cornwall that is priceless.

Hayle is a lovely place to stay with some lovely individual shops popping up. A visit to Philps pasties is a must and there are 4 supermarkets to choose from - M&S, Lidl, Co-op and Asda.

One other thing to mention is that if it is a rainy day we would recommend country skittles which a few miles out of Hayle. It has indoor skittles, a shooting range, pool tables etc all inside with a bar, restaurant and lots of board games, perfect for when the weather is bad.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Ryan0210 1 review from this member

Lovely site, small, friendly and clean with lots of guests from different countries which I found very appealing - learning about the German family to one side of us and the Swiss on the other was something you don't experience on the large commercial sites in my experience. Around 50% of pitches are flat - ours (T14) was also nicely sheltered by the dunes but still with a lovely view to the sea to eat your breakfast looking at - spectacular views. The facilities were cleaned regularly and were as good as any I've stayed at. The staff were mostly lovely and the bar was pleasant enough - my only negative comment is that they would be as well to scrap the entertainment they get in, as all the acts were rubbish - as a family with older kids I'd have been happy with no entertainment at all - if I want that kind of holiday I go to Haven. The pool is lovely - maybe longer opening hours though to make the most of the day. The path down to the gorgeous beach takes you steeply down 20mtrs, so not good for those with walking difficulties or breathlessness - my dad was unable to get down to the beach for fear that he would not be able to get back up again due to his heart condition. The walk down to the town in the other direction would have caused him similar issues, but the local taxi firm are reasonable and very nice. In all, we will probably return, but without my dad!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Gingawarrior 82 reviews from this member

On a five site stop week in Cornwall this was significantly the worse I stayed at, perhaps a bad choice on my part as I prefer a more traditional campsite.

Upon arrival on a quiet Sunday in May, with the reception closed I was informed by a sign to pitch where I liked, so chose a nice seaview, which was partly blocked by the ugly chalet type blocks that make up most of the site. The camping pitches are at the back of the site, sloping and a bit untidy, i. E. Once there were semi-hardstanding bases that have long since half disappeared.

The toilets were fine, clean with good warm showers, the reception block and bar area all looked a bit old with a sort of strange, western, ponderosa type feel and although the bar was closed I was not disappointed as it did not look my cup of tea.

The majority of the site is taken up by small apartments in large blocks that appear very basic and the construction so uninspiring and bland that its difficult to say when they were built, 50s, 60s, 70s or 80s, take your pick? They are obviously the bread and butter of this site and as a camper you feel a little like an intruder.

My main gripe however, is that in the morning when paying for my two nights I was told that Id have to move as the pitch I was on was booked for that night, I understand if someone has requested a pitch that theyd be upset, but why no note in the window for when I had arrived to say stay off a certain pitch, most other sites do so in this instance. Id have moved sites then, but as I had a nice walk planned, so grudgingly moved pitches.

Whilst Hayle is not the most picturesque, the area around Gwithian and Godrevy are really great and I counted 37 seals on a cove not far away. The views from the front of the site towards St Ives and the lighthouse are stunning and the beach and sand dunes are well worth a trek through.

I would however, definitely not stay at this site again, its ugly, uninviting to campers and depressing.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Wibsey 8 reviews from this member

So this site is so good we have returned!

This time we had an electric hook up, and although it was in a handy spot for water etc, I think it must have been one of the smallest pitches, our Maritsa 700 only just fit in, and our car had to be parked right across the door, as near as possible to our guy ropes, but most other pitches are a very good size.

As always everywhere was clean and tidy, there have been improvements on the walk to the beach, which have made it much easier to access.

The shop is very good and the pizza from the takeaway is very recommended one between two is perfect.

Out and about we loved St Ives, eating at Hub is a must if you like a good burger. A day out in Falmouth is worth the effort and the Maritime museum is fab, and the ticket is valid for a year so you can go back.

You can walk into Hayle in 10 -15 minutes there is a footpath away from the road into the site, and a lovely walk avoiding the main road along to the Lido. Sanders fish and chips are very good, 2 gets you the biggest box of chips that feeds 2 easily.

The one thing this site would benefit from would be a toilet block at the top end of the camping field.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Cc21 6 reviews from this member

Just returned from a wonderful 7 nights on this site. It was the week after half term so very quiet but my two boys aged 9 and 6 had a ball here. Our pitch (3) had a great sea view. The showers and toilets were amazing- clean, modern, just perfect. Toilets seemed to be cleaned several times throughout the day.

We really enjoyed the football pitch and goals down near the beach and the playground here is great too.

Beach is fabulous and within walking distance of the site but the climb back up is pretty steep. Lifeguards on duty too.

Lots of wild rabbits around which the kids loved watching and

They didn't cause us any problems.

Lovely washing up area - always clean and tidy.

The drive up to the site is long and steep and mostly single track with passing places but no problems with our camper van.

The shop was ok, quite limited in what food was sold but ok for emergencys as there was a Lidl just down the road.

All the staff were really friendly and helpful and the kids loved the outdoor pool.

Had a great time here and it will be on our list of sites to return to.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Mrsbudget 5 reviews from this member

Lovely scenery and nice site. My only disappointment was the toilet in the tent area was used by Men/Ladies which I feel very disgusted, , don't know why. Another thing was one of the locks was not very secure and one time I was using it on our first day, someone who I think was desperate for a toilet and just forcefully opened it and there I was sitting on the throne! So, since then I went to the one near the reception which is like 10 mins walk from our tent and that was for 3 days, morning, afternoon and night time, good exercise though!

Overall, , nice but would recommend another site better than this. I think I was spoiled with site in Castle Douglas with the view to die for

Previous     49 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Beachside Holiday Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Beachside Holiday Park have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Beachside Holiday Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Beachside Holiday Park dog friendly?  NO  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Hayle      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cornwall (West)

UKCS Meet UK Monster Truck Nationals 21/08 to 22/08
Camping available with Monster Truck rides, drag racing, wrestling, plus live music ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021