Reviews of Cripps Farm Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Highbridge > Cripps Farm Caravan Park Reviews

Cripps Farm Caravan Park
Merry Lane
East Huntspill
Highbridge
Somerset   (Browse area)
TA9 3PS

Pitches: 7 Touring, 29 Seasonal
Open: 01/03/2021 to 30/11/2021

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <5 miles
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   No Golf   No Tennis
 Beach <10 miles   No Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring On Site
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  18 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 58 reviews from this member

Another fabulous time spent at Cripps Farm. We stayed for just over three weeks around Easter and the weather was glorious when we arrived. David and Graeme could not have been more helpful getting us on pitch. The relaxed and laid-back atmosphere is just so captivating, we absolutely love Cripps Farm.

Facilities are top quality and the level of cleanliness is exceptional. Really one of the nicest sites we visit.

During this visit we went to Glastonbury, Wells, Weston, Burnham and further afield to the West Somerset Railway and Porlock. There is so much to do within half an hours drive.

I cannot recommend this site highly enough.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Yotanka62 9 reviews from this member

Wonderful place and so peaceful. Wind in the Willows comes to mind as a river runs through the site and down the side with trees overhanging the flowing river.

Fishing lakes for those who like the sport.

Seasonal pitches, statics and lodges and some holiday cottages though we are lucky to have just got a seasonal pitch fully serviced and we already love it.

The owners are lovely people and very helpful.

The 4 touring pitches are all hard standing and overlook the river. There are a few behind as well. New shower block this year and very clean.

Highly recommend this site, you won't find better.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 58 reviews from this member

Another trip to Cripps Farm for Easter - two weeks of glorious weather in a wonderful location. Absolutely perfect.

My previous review details all the positives and nothing has changed. A wonderful site, run be extremely friendly people in a beautiful location.

It doesn't get much better!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 58 reviews from this member

Absolutely lovely site; we liked it so much we've already booked two weeks at Easter 2017.

We have recently bought a new RV and this was our first trip in it. At 10+ metres it was absolutely no bother, Graham could not have been more helpful. The pitch was a good size and accommodated us perfectly. Being so large we were part on the hard standing with levellers also on the grass. This worked extremely well, we really felt comfortable and at home. Five nights just flew by!

With the pitch being fully serviced we didn't use the showers but the other facilities were very good.

Cripps Farm is a lovely location and the temp pitches are on the riverbank; there was no sense of danger though and it was perfectly safe. There was a young lad camping and he had no issues, my 11 yo was fine; although I accept a toddler may need to be watched I would not consider this a safety issue whatsoever.

I cannot stress how relaxed the whole place was, it really is one of the nicest sites we have stayed at.

Burnham is OK; Wedmore, Cheddar and Glastonbury are fabulous and less than a half hour drive.

Cannot wait for Easter 2017!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Saracen8 1 review from this member

I first visited this site 5 years ago and instantly fell in love with the place. I stated on the touring pitches 4 of which are hard standing and fully serviced, sited right on the banks of the river brue. I now have the great fortune of having one of the seasonal pitches which I try to visit every other week. It is a family owned and run site and I can't stress this point too much they work from dawn till dusk keeping it immaculate. Dogs are always made very welcome and there is a completely secure fenced in walk which is approximately 1 mile, there is a shorter version. As well as the river there are two well stocked fishing lakes to help with the relaxation that comes so naturally at this site. Defiantly top marks. I read the comments above and can tell you the toilets and shower rooms are heated and in 5 years I have never had to wait for a shower. No it's not the right place for you if you want a clubhouse or play bingo but for a relaxing break in a beautiful area you will not get better

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: HelenjaneM 1 review from this member

Excellent site, very friendly owners went out of their way to help.

Immaculate site so well kept & presented, the grounds are beautiful.

Great facilities too, thank you Leah & Family.

Mainly seasonal pitches but room for tourer's near the river with a fantastic view. Will definitely return very soon. Very impressed

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Snoopysmum 27 reviews from this member

I don't really want to leave a review as then other people will know about this lovely site!

There are mainly static and seasonal caravans in a different area to tourers. Only 4 hard standing and 5 on very solid grass.

It is one of the prettiest, quietest sites I've been on, absolutely lovely!

Ok the small river isn't fenced off, but parents are in charge of their children!

The shower block is immaculate, in fact the whole farm is totally neat and tidy!

The farm/ dog walk is up to 11/2 miles, all fenced so a dog can have a good run. They even provide a poop scoop and pooh bags!

Very friendly owners, husband enjoyed the fishing.

A rare site that has got everything right!

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Einir 2 reviews from this member

The stay here did not have a good start, my deposit was not acknowledged and I had to make 2 further phone calls to ensure they had received my cheque. Then when we arrived we were put in a paddock not a riverside super pitch as I had booked. They said they had made a mistake but, did not offer compensation of any kind like my mother would have who is in the same business. I fail to believe that experience business people make mistakes without doing them professionally. Our caravanning neighbours there had a problem with their booking also. This site only seems to have room for 6 tourers so I think they are trying to get the best bookings. However I did not make a fuss although I was not pleased and we did enjoy our stay there. The paddock was nice enough although unlevel and we were lucky with the weather to be able to be on grass. The site was clean, tidy, well kept and nice places to visit within an hours drive. The fishing was very good and other facilities were basic but, OK for the price. There is a pub with bar meals and a shop within a good walking distance. The barrier system is for the statics and seasonal tourers only.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Tonym1966 4 reviews from this member

Had four nights with the Wife, two kids and the dog. This is a beautiful site, well laid out and spotless. The owners are very good and keep the site to a five star standard. Excellent modern toilet block with separate shower rooms. The showers are 50p meter fed and there's plenty of time to get a good soaking. There are two fishing lakes one small with a variety of fish. And a decent sized carp lake, I fished the carp lake and had a great time fish ranging from 1lb to 14lb and I think bigger as I was snapped a couple of times. There is a narrow lane about a mile long up to the site but its very open so you can see cars coming and there is passing places. We had no problem, and its a lovely drive with the river running along side you. The only negative to us was poor internet coverage and poor phone signal, And with two teenagers its very quiet. But if you want peace and quiet in a beautiful spot with excellent facilities great fishing, great dog walk close to the M5. This ticks all the boxes. Me the wife and dog will be back not the kids.

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Rocking9519 6 reviews from this member

Love this site. So clean and tidy. Hard standing pitches next to the river with your own water tap. The views around the lakes are lovely so much attention to detail. If you have a dog there is a great walk which is fenced around the field, or over the footbridge normal fields. The owners are so friendly and helpful. We all loved seeing the baby lambs in the barn. This is a quiet site but children are made most welcome. The site is at the end of a narrow lane about a mile long but there are passing places. Asda and Tesco not far away. Look forward to our holiday here every year.

Previous     18 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Cripps Farm Caravan Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Cripps Farm Caravan Park?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Cripps Farm Caravan Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Highbridge      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Somerset

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Campervan Show, Peterborough 11/06 to 13/06
Browse new and used motorhomes for sale from a huge range of local and national dealers ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021