Reviews of Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > South East > Surrey > Chertsey > Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Bridge Road
Chertsey
Surrey   (Browse area)
KT16 8JX
Tel: 01932 562405

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing <1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Beach   No Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring <1 mile
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 Riverside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  139 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Our site is opening in line with government guidance and we are taking bookings , please be assured you can book with confidence. Our toilet / shower facilities will be open. Some communal areas may be restricted - please check with us for more information

To enquire about a booking or for more information please contact us

Date of Visit: July 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 6 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: Sparkles07 1 review from this member

We stayed here for a week, on the hottest July week in history.

Our pitch was over a metre short than we booked, but we were told to just go over if we needed to, so please be aware if going on a standard pitch you may have similar issues with very small pitches.

The location was brilliant, 20 mins to Chessington, Legoland or a tube station with cheap parking to get into London. Site was a nice size, where I felt I could let my children go explore, walk to the play area or the little shop at the entrance for ice cream.

Facilities were clean and well looked after.

Play Area was very small, and a bit disappointing, but other than that this was a top notch site and we are already planning to visit again this summer.

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Webmaster 52 reviews from this member

I had wanted to go here but the CCC website only lets you book for two nights at a weekend, and I didn't need that. So, I phoned this site on the Saturday afternoon, and luckily they had a pitch and booked me in for one night. The welcome was friendly and extremely efficient as is expected at CCC sites!

The site was packed, very busy but I had a small grass non electric pitch on the edge of the site, next to a small fenced stream. Pitch was very small but my VW camper fitted on it, and I had no immediate neighbours unlike most EHU pitches, which was nice. Some pitches are alongside the river with lovely views, but these are limited in number so I guess you'd need to book these well in advance.

Facilities were clean and plentiful, good hot showers. There's a pop up cafe on site at the weekends (and school holidays) which does basic fish and chip shop type food in the evenings, and yummy breakfasts on the morning! I have to admit I gave in and had a lovely breakfast roll before I left!

Location is great, five minutes walk from the Thames, where you'll find two pubs, one each side of the bridge. I ate in "The Bridge" which has a lovely riverside garden - the food was good. Once you've walked to the Thames, you then have miles of great offroad walking in either direction.

Would go again, but probably not on a weekend, hopefully quieter in the week.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Dragon56 19 reviews from this member

What a gem of a site that is so close to the river Themes. We only spent the weekend here but next time we will stay longer.

We were taken to our pitch by one of the friendly wardens and we were more than pleased with the location and the size with loads of space in between units.

The toilet and shower blocks were warm and clean and with plenty of water points all around the site. Nice pub a 5 min walk away and some lovely walks along the river bank.

A little expensive but well worth it because of the location.

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Normansky 7 reviews from this member

What a disappointment- if you have rules then enforce them! I donít know if Iím the only one but I am sick and tired of going to sites where parents seem to lose all responsibility for their children as soon as they arrive!

Also sick and tired of campsites not enforcing the rules - arrived here and pitched by the play area without any choice - 2 days of kids running riot - apparently no ball games allowed and apparently the play area should not be used after dusk - both rules ignored and when we raised this with the warden was told Ďdonít come here again thení - so why have the rules? We will be taking this further

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: GeoffB057 2 reviews from this member

Had a nice welcome in reception and was shown my pitch by very friendly and helpful staff member. A very pleasant site in a great location with excellent facilities, a very clean toilet/Shower block with great showers.

I went for a meal in the nearby Bar/Hotel which was very enjoyable (the Bridge Hotel & Boat House Restaurant).

I had visited Brooklands Museum nearby earlier in the day and this site was close by - Well worth visiting for it's good location next to The Thames - I shall return sometime.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Hilary C 31 reviews from this member

We stayed for 3 nights on a pitch with ehu, water and drainage. The ground was a little soft but after the exceptionally wet winter where isn't. There is one centrally situated toilet/shower block with outdoor but sheltered dish washing facilities.

I found the ladies toilets and showers a little disappointing as they continually smelt like a damp mop and where children had thrown wet toilet paper up high on the walls it remained throughout our stay, the toilets were kept clean though and it was nice to have private wash basins.

There are only one set of dustbins which is a shame as from quite a lot of pitches it is a fair walk if you have a full sack. The dog walk is a narrow woody path which we didn't use as it was so muddy but as the site wasn't very busy we just walked him around the site and off site along the Thames.

You do get quite a lot of background noise from the local main road, the M3 and Chertsey Wier, the planes to and from Heathrow didn't bother us but I wouldn't like to be there at the height of summer with more frequent flights.

There is a hotel nearby with bar and restaurant that gives campers a discount. We visited Windsor Great Park for a walk which was very nice, dogs can go through the visitor centre to the dog friendly terrace if you want a cup of tea.

The site is useful for visiting Windsor, Runneymead, Virginia Water and London. The Wardens were lovely, very helpful.

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Dug1911 7 reviews from this member

Iím here again 3rd time

I use this site as I used to live in Addlestone and camp here to be able to catch up with friends

Iím here for a week weather is awful but then itís horrible everywhere in the uk !

There isnít much I can say that hasnít already been said, all I can do is back up what has been said

Staff are very good never feel rushed checking in lots of smiles and time taken to make you feel comfortable

There is the escort to your pitch with advice and also the escort is listening to your choice or preferences

It must be difficult to deal with some customers as people can be very demanding some times but they are doing a good job and I for one appreciate their attention and hope that Iím not that difficult customer

There is some noise on site but thatís the nature of its location but I never find it intrusive

Everywhere is clean and tidy so thereís a good maintenance going on

Thereís no faults that I can see but Iím sure if it was reported the staff would do their best to rectify the problem

So thank you for my stay please keep up the good work itís appreciated

Iíll be back again (sorry)!

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Dibble4176 2 reviews from this member

We stayed at the site after visiting Windsor Legoland. Beautifully kept with extremely clean facilities. The site staff were extremely friendly with a mobile butty van on site which opened in the morning and evening. Not a lot to do in Chertsey but there are a number of pubs there about.

The site is approx 1 minute walk from the Thames so if your into canoeing its an excellent pitch. If your looking to explore London the train journey is just over an hour with Legoland Windsor and Thrope Park within driving distance. A site that we will be visiting again

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Bren92 5 reviews from this member

We stayed at the site for 3 nights, shown to our pitch which we had a choice of by friendly staff member.

The site is quite and well kept, the shower block very clean and plenty of hot water in the showers.

Lovely to see Tree creepers a Thrush and Woodpecker on the grass outside.

There is a hum of traffic which is not a problem because it is continuous and also aircraft going over which you do expect.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Yorci 9 reviews from this member

Stayed for 2 nights 28th & 29th April 2017, used it as a base for Twickenham Stadium. The site takes non-members £21. 85 per night (£10. 70 for members), for a grass non-electric pitch. Only one car permitted to be parked on the pitch, any additional cars can be parked in the car park near reception.

Upon arrival park in the car park just passed the reception. When booking on site they will provide a code to open the barrier to access the main site. The barrier is locked 2300-0700. Very friendly staff who show you to your pitch. The grass pitches are level. The site is very well maintained, children and dog friendly.

The ablutions are very clean, well serviced and plentiful to accommodate the number of pitches available, there was no queuing. The shower cubicles are large enough to get changed with a seat and clothes/towel hooks, the show temperature is fixed, and work on a push button timer, repeat pressing of the button to keep the water supply, shame the temperature could not be adjusted, (hence 8 stars), the water was a bit warmer than I normally have it, but not too hot. Plenty of local fresh water ports and a children's play area.

Gas available on site and nearby if you run out. Washing machines cost £3. 50 and dryers £1. 00 for a 20 minute cycle.

There is a cafe on site opposite reception which serves breakfast 0800-1130 and burgers, fish and chips 1700-2000 Saturdays, Sundays, also open and every morning and evening during school holidays.

Turn left out of campsite opposite is a BP garage for newspapers, continue for 100 yards on the left is the Bridge Hotel & Boat House Restaurant, where campers get 20% discount on meals (excluding the carvery). Turn right out of campsite a 20 minute leisurely walk to Chertsey for cafes, pubs, shops and Sainsbury's supermarket and a further 10 minutes leisurely walk to end of village to the train station, (about 1. 5 miles from the camp site).

There is some noise from the nearby road and M3 motorway, but this is minimal and soon unnoticeable. The site is below a flight path which was annoying on the first night, but still managed to get a good night's sleep (also reason for 8 stars). Dawns chorus included an unusual chirp from a couple of wild parakeets perched in the trees behind my pitch, and met some inquisitive grey squirrels on my way to the ablutions. I wasn't quick enough with my camera!

If you can put up with the occasional aircraft, then this is a highly recommended campsite. I will definitely be returning next year as it is a brilliant location as a base camp for Twickenham and London with plenty of local infrastructure facilities and services on hand if you need them.

Previous     139 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Chertsey      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Surrey

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 26/07
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more