Reviews of Woodland Waters Ltd

Campsite Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Grantham > Woodland Waters Ltd Reviews

Woodland Waters Ltd
NG32 3RT

Open: 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar On Site   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway On Site
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  83 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: July 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Other
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Janeba 1 review from this member

Stayed here for 5 nights with my husband and dog in a small caravan. The campsite was nice and spacious with plenty of lakeside views.

Shower blocks very clean with lots of hot water, beware the showers can be too hot at times! Lots of wildlife with flocks of geese, so take your shoes off before going in your caravan.

Great handy petrol station with plenty of food/drink supplies.

Limited local sightseeing in the area but only due to having a dog.

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Group
Reviewer: Lindymac 2 reviews from this member

What a fantastic site. Showers and toilet facilities were spotlessly clean.

Plenty of water taps near our tents. Restaurant and bar were very good. Lovely friendly staff.

Great for dogs, the lakes were amazing.

I would highly recommend this site and would definitely visit again.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Clairen 7 reviews from this member

Following up on the other reviews of this site, I wanted to add my own.

We stayed during the heatwave in August 2018. My expectations were quite low due to the many comments about noise in other reviews. We stayed Thursday to late Sunday (as we decided to pack up late on Sunday afternoon to avoid the heat of Monday morning!)

It is a pretty and well care for site with some lovely walks and spacious areas. The site was virtually full but there was still lots of room between pitches, in my opinion and relative to other sites I’ve stayed at. The “no ball games” rule close to pitches was enforced by staff, much to the annoyance of my kids! But there is a large area near the lake where we played a family game of cricket one afternoon.

There are 2 large toilet and shower blocks which had good facilities, clean, lots of hooks and I never had to queue at all. I have seen newer facilities but I’ve also seen much worse facilities.

Woody’s Bar is in the centre of the site and did host weddings on both Friday and Saturday of our stay. Yes, you could hear the music but as we were prepared for this, it wasn’t too bad. We just pretended we were in France, where we had stayed last summer and had heard much louder music as part of the campsite entertainment programme!

It didn’t really bother us as we were a small group that stays up till 11 ish anyway to chat, have a drink and play cards with the kids. The rest of the time the site was relatively peaceful and the traffic noise didn’t bother us either. There were lots of families and groups of friends enjoying their stay but as far as I’m aware, this didn’t hinder the enjoyment of others. I found most campers quite friendly.

Woody’s Bar did sell ice creams which was great in the heat! There is no shop on site but there is a Londis at the fuel station opposite the entrance. The restaurant is quite fancy looking for being on a campsite. We didn’t use it but for very personal reasons – my son needs a gluten free diet as he has coeliac disease.

The gluten free options were very limited and on asking about this, I found the staff member not especially helpful. But as I say, this is quite unique to us and did not deter from enjoying our stay. There is a Dominoes in Sleaford which only took about 10 minutes to drive to and we got great gluten free pizza from there!

I didn’t use Reception much, only to check in. There didn’t seem to be much info about what’s on locally, but then we tend to use the internet for that now. It was so hot we didn’t want to do much anyway! We walked to Ancaster where a village fete was happening and that was good fun for our family. There is a Co-op about 1 mile away in Ancaster which we used several times. There are also supermarkets in Sleaford and Grantham.

There are also 10 rooms on site, like hotel rooms and I believe these are quite new, they certainly looked new – bed, ensuite bathroom, and tea and coffee making facilities. My inlaws stayed for one night in one of the rooms and they loved it! It meant they could enjoy some time with us at the site without having to camp, which isn’t there thing!

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and it was a great location for our needs. If you like a very quiet site with lots of space and minimal noise, this is not the place for you, but if you are a typical family with kids that like to run around and you enjoy the social side of camping and caravanning then do go and don’t be put off by the other reviews!

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Daveukleics 24 reviews from this member

Well after many visits to this place it's time to say goodbye.

If you want to run the risk of your van being dinted by kids and adults playing ball games, if your not bothered about very late night noise from campers and from the clubhouse that hosts weddings most weekends, if you want to be cramped together like sardines on the pitches behind the clubhouse then this is the site for you.

Very ignorant woman in reception. Reported ball games very close to vans an no one come out to look.

If they put as much emphasis and importance on telling campers about ball games and riding bikes between vans than they do about hammering home how 'you must put your jockey wheel on the slab' then the place would be a lot better.

We normally camp there as a group due to location but we are all prepared to travel a bit further now due to how things have gone.

The showers are looking very grubby and tiny with those horrible curtains that stick to your body as you try and shower.

Will never go again.

Date of Visit: November 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Preissner 3 reviews from this member

We visited for the 2016 Bonfire night evening. Cost for this particular evening was £20 for EHU plus an additional £5 per adult and £3. 50 per child, up to age 18 for the event.

There was a large bonfire which was lit at about 18:30, and then fireworks started at 19:00 and lasted 20 minutes.

The bonfire is just in front of the spectators, but a safe distance away, and fireworks are set off from the other side of the lake, so can be seen well from virtually everywhere outdoors on the site.

A small marquee had been put up for serving food and drink which was very popular judging by the numbers queueing. There was also a van selling LED wands and flashing light sticks, £3/£5.

We had arrived before dusk which was fortunate because finding the small 10' square tile in the grass that designated where we should park our jockey wheel wasn't easy in daylight, I don't think we would have managed if it had not been full daylight (I don't know if they offer assistance if it's dark).

The grassy area was well maintained and level, with well distributed electric and water points.

Showers were in two blocks. The one I used in the men's block stayed on exactly 2. 5 seconds and was uncomfortably hot but just bearable. When a toilet flushed I had to step out of the flow as it would be scorching hot for several seconds.

After showering I checked the other showers, I seemed to have had the worse one, as another I checked lasted 14s. They were clean and the room warm.

Our stay was a Saturday night, we didn't have a wedding on that weekend, and it was quiet from Woody's by 11pm.

We thought that we might spend the rest of Sunday there, it was £5 to extend our stay on the pitch until 18:00 but unfortunately the heavens opened at 11am and so we didn't get to explore the lake walks or surroundings.

There was noticeable road noise through the night, primarily because the noise of individual vehicles passing by in the night isn't shielded to any great extent and it breaks the silence. There was also some late night light aircraft noise.

When we left on Sunday lunchtime 90% of the other campers did so too, so it looked as if the bonfire event is a big draw, we didn't see any empty plots on the night.

We plan to re-visit to see what it's like in the summer and take advantage of the lovely natural surroundings.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: 0403jacqui 3 reviews from this member

Had one night stay. Facilities good and very clean. Nice site with lots of dog walks. Not very quiet as suggested in their details about the site. Lots of traffic noise and unfortunately for me the restaurant car park was invaded by about fifty bikers who didn't leave until 10pm. Also had really noisy family pitched nearby who didn't stop screaming until 1am. Dont think I will be returning.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Davemotor 2 reviews from this member

Site looks nice with restaurant and bar.

There are some issues here, make sure that you fill up with water before arriving as water points are few and not easily accessible. It seems to be that there is a policy of trying to get as many people on the site as possible and it ends up getting really crowded.

The big and I do mean big problem is that of noise, we stayed Friday and Saturday and the clubhouse had a wedding each day. The boom boom noise on both nights carried on until 12 each night, This made sleep impossible and we were not close to the club house, I feel for other campers, especially those with children who were nearer to the club than we were, complete disregard for campers in my opinion.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Craig9173 6 reviews from this member

We have just spent two nights here (Friday and Saturday). The first night we had 4 tents of families singing songs at full volume until 11:30.

By 4 oclock Saturday afternoon we had the pleasure of new neighbours, shouting about sex and warning that his language would only get worse when he was drunk. Not a good sign and pretty offensive for a family orientated campsite.

By 9:30 the new couple were comatose, but then loud vomiting was heard, followed by “that’s a shot for snapchat” and “yeah I puked the beer, so now I’m going on the rum”. Thankfully they were so drunk they were silent by 10:00pm.

Fearful that we were about to have another night’s sleep ruined by loud music and being forced to endure someone else’s party again, I thought I would go to reception; it was after 7pm and reception was closed. So I headed off to the bar, where I spoke to the barman. He told me to contact the warden. The warden’s first response to my text asking what I could do about noisy neighbours was to joke that I should ‘shoot them’, quickly followed by a promise to ‘pop by later to check on the noise’, instead, he waited until 11:40 and then texted me from the pub to ask if it was still noisy.

The inconsiderate campers cranked it up again, shouting as loud as loud until gone 11, totally unhindered by people shouting at them to be quiet. I even emailed reception to point out that we were now on night 2 without sleep. I’m still waiting for a reply to that email!

Top tip if you still fancy coming here, bring rubber gloves or dog poo bags, I needed to clear up 4 turds to put my awning up. The site has a lot of geese and dogs.

On the plus side the facilities (showers, washing up areas, etc) were plentiful and clean. You can fish on site too.

However, we will never come here again.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Daveukleics 24 reviews from this member

Been here several times and each time there seems to have been an incident in one way or another.

Don't get me wrong, the site is quite nice but you have to be selective as to where to pitch.

Too close to the road and the noise is constant.

Too close to the club house and you have the constant screaming of kids from the park or the thumping noise of music from the weekend wedding parties.

This time was unacceptable, woke Sunday morning to find idiots had been on the prowl. Cables unplugged, lights pinched from awnings and very late shouting from the camping field.

The owners need to strictly enforce kids not riding bikes and playing ball games around caravans. There is the odd small sign but they don't follow up on it.

My advice, keep well clear of the rallye field, this is where most of the noise and pranks come from the undesirables.

I will return but only if I can pitch where I want as I now know all the hazards and no go areas.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Tenterhooks 2 reviews from this member

I've stayed here a couple of times. It is conveniently situated for driving north or south, and the countryside is attractive. As others have said, it's a big sprawling site, with multiple types of use; it is well populated with lakes and trees and is generally spacious. If you want electricity then the pitches are somewhat more congested. The facilities are pretty good - clean and well laid out. The showers have irritating timer buttons which require one hand to keep them pressed, as the timer function has all but failed, and there is a shortage of hooks and duckboards, but otherwise fine. The Woody's bar and restaurant are good if you like that sort of, rather corporate, thing. The site is not as quiet as one might suppose from the photographs - road and particularly tractor noise at the relevant times of year. The admin staff were helpful and friendly. £20/night struck me as on the expensive side.

Previous     83 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Woodland Waters Ltd child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Woodland Waters Ltd?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Woodland Waters Ltd dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Grantham      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lincolnshire

UKCS Meet Caravan and Motorhome Show Stratford 23/07 to 25/07
New and used motorhomes & campervans with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2021