Visitor Reviews - Bodfan Farm Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Isle of Anglesey > Rhosneigr > Bodfan Farm Camping Site Reviews

Bodfan Farm Camping Site
Llynfor
Rhosneigr
Isle of Anglesey   (Browse area)
LL64 5XA

No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf 1 mile   Tennis 1 mile
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring 1 mile
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  60 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Welshone 4 reviews from this member

What a gem this site is! So tidy, clean and welcoming. Great location for everything from beach to shops! Will definitely use again. Seemed to be nice people staying here too. Not over run with families, while being a great base if you have kids. I just have dogs and they loved it too

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fuchsia 3 reviews from this member

This really is a lovely proper campsite. Loads of space and you can pitch anywhere. The site is on a sloping site but you can always find somewhere flat to pitch due to the size of the site.

It has enough toilets and even at bank holiday there is never any queue.

The showers are 20p. I never mind spending on the shower. 20p gives a long enough shower and does stop people spending 20 minutes just wallowing in the hot water.

Excellent washing up room with a dryer and freezer for anyone's use.

This site is just a short walk from Rhosneigr and its beautiful beaches.

Some people complain about the jets going over the site. They fly so fast they are actually over the site in 10 seconds and I really love the thrill of them flying over.

Finally a massive thanks to Alwyn and his wife. My husband is wheelchair bound. Alwyn went over and above to ensure we had a necessary electric hook up at last minute with a site very close to the toilet facilities. They are not disabled toilets but easily accessible by a zimmer frame.

Thank you Alwyn and thanks to his wife for searching the internet to find out what was going on in the area that weekend.

Both went over and above for our weekend. We will be returning.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sirjona 2 reviews from this member

Really glad that we chose this site as our first ever caravan holiday, lovely and quiet with everything you could want in a fiver minute walk. The owner was very friendly and comes round every morning to collect the previous nights rent although you can pay all in one go if preferred. Facilities were basic but clean and showers nice and hot although make sure you have spare 20p as my first got stuck. Lovely and peaceful at night although site was not full, already planning our next trip as there are local beaches with no dog restriction's.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Campjulie 1 review from this member

Just returned from 5 days at this lovely site with my partner and our 3 kids (1, 7 & 15). I chose this mainly because of it's simplicity as we like 'proper' camping! It did not disappoint! Surrounded by beautiful countryside, stunning views of Snowdonia and right near some of the best beaches in the UK (in my opinion!). It's a big site and even though we arrived on bank holiday Monday, there was still plenty of space to choose where we wanted to pitch. When we got there, I realised I'd forgotten to draw cash out to pay, but the lovely lady owner was very laid back and told us to get pitched and settled in and pay tomorrow! We even ordered eggs and they brought them to our tent freshly laid!

There was lots of space in the fields for the kids to run around and play- without being mithered for money for the clubhouse or any arguing over a play area. There were lots of families playing ball games, frisbee etc.

The facilities were clean, with plenty of toilets in the toilet block, 3 showers each for men and women and a pot wash room with a free small spin dryer, 2 pot wash sinks, a tumble dryer (think it was 20p) and a free chest freezer for ice packs. There was a tall mirror in here too with a plug socket to do your hair. The pot wash did take 20p for hot water- we just boiled the kettle and did it in the tent. The showers were lovely and hot and took 20p for 6 mins. 40p was plenty to do my hair/shave my legs etc.

Rhosneigr beach is fab and you can see it from the camp site entrance. To get to the village centre, go straight ahead out of the campsite and turn left at the end, it's about 10 mins walk. There's a pizzeria and a chippy, both of which were lovely. The main entrance to the beach was here too. There's also a convenience store for essentials, but there's a big tesco and morrisons about 20 min drive in Holyhead.

We found the RAF planes really interesting and there was even a Red Arrows display while we were on the beach one day. But be warned - they start at 8am so there's no chance of a lie in!

Would def return here!

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: DeeCon 4 reviews from this member

Great views, space for the children to play but no designated play area, over priced at £20 per night. I have been to better sites and paid as little as £13 per night and for an extra £5 been able to use the gym, sauna and Jacuzzi.

There is a 20p charge for the showers, the shower I used No 2 lasted for about 2 mins I must say the water was hot enough, this meant I had to go outside the cubicle naked to put in another coin as I didn't want to use my towel as it would of got wet, as it happened it got wet anyway as there is no dry space to put your clothes inside, as I opened the door my clothes got wet as the door swings open into the path of the water. These showers are not disabled friendly no seat or hand rail if you need one, no shelf to put shampoo, shower gel or anything else. There is no hot water tap just cold in the toilets. So not sure how your meant to wash your hands adequately with out it, thinking of tenter's, no mirrors. There is a sign up saying dogs on leads. This does not always happen as a un-leaded dog took a poop outside our van and was not cleaned up.

Beach near by Shops, bars and eateries near by.

Would not visit again

Reviewer: Brotherbung 9 reviews from this member

We enjoyed our stay at this site, very relaxed atmosphere and reasonable pricing. Site facilities are basic but clean. The camping field is huge and basically you pick your spot and stay there. The nearby airbase is noisy but you soon get used to it and by all accounts is closing next year? There are lots of things to do on Anglesey and this is a good base to find them from. If you are looking for a lively all action site, this is not the place for you. Ideal for families who want to relax and unwind. No doubt we shall visit again. The toilet/shower blocks do need rebuilding, very basic and small for a park of this size, but they are clean.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pennine penny 2 reviews from this member

Just got back from 2 nights at Bodfan and found it a lovely peaceful site, the RAF planes going over was very loud but interesting as its not something you see at home everyday! Just a short walk to the beautiful beach at Rhosneigr. I would recommend this site if you're looking for a relaxing break. (Don't try and nap during the day though as sometimes the planes take off quite often!)

The only downside we found was that the toilets only have one sink for about 6 loos, this seemed a little odd and even though they are well stocked with loo roll there is nothing to dry your hands with (after you've used the 1 sink!). As we were only there for a short break we didn't use the shower block but they looked fine.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Philonline 3 reviews from this member

Its been 6 years since my last review of Bodfan and during those 6 years we have been to Bodfan approx 15 times. Sometimes for 1 or 2 nights, last summer for 10 nights and during the recent late may bank holiday for 3 nights.

I am on my 3rd tent and have aquired, literally, a large estate car full of camping gear (we now take 2 cars!)My boys are now 7, 10 and 13 and still get excited when we arrive at Bodfan. The site has added a tarmac access road and has maintained the same toilets, showers and washing facilities in the same clean, tidy and well stocked condition (they have been painted each year).

The town has also changed little in those 6 years with the odd exception(the dreadful Maelog Lake pub being replaced by the fab 'Oyster Catcher and Will's Bar', a new cafe adjoining the surf shop and a cafe & pizza place)but the main reason for coming to Rhosneigr is still just the same. The amazing beaches, the surf and the sun!(during the recent BH my tan after 2 days of good weather was so good my work colleagues wouldn't believe I had been to Anglesey).

We don't even notice the RAF anymore (although if your not expecting it I can see why it has upset some of the other reviewers)and the fact that even though it must be one of the cheapest places to camp in North Wales you can always find a place to pitch your tent.

Thanks to Alwyn and Family for changing nothing and looking after our 'holiday home' on Anglesey.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Glyndrew 1 review from this member

We have been using this site for our main holidays for the last 15 years it is always clean tidy and well maintained the showers and toilets are basic but are cleaned every day there is a nack to the showers but 40p (2x20p) is always long enough for a good wash the ehu's have never tripped out on us if you want the night life there are some very nice pubs and restaurants within the village all within a 10 to 15 minute walk

The beach is fantastic and if you have a 4x4 and a boat or watercraft with a 10hp engine or less you can drive onto the beach for free for larger boats you have to pay or if you don't have a 4x4 there are always lots of locals with tractors that will launch you for a fee

Yes the site is under the flight path for the air base and you do get noise from the jets but we are used to it and we hardly notice them now you either love the site or you don't we do and we will for a long time to come

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Pocoyo 8 reviews from this member

This is our first visit to Bodfan farm and it's in a lovely spot. The views towards the mountains are spectacular and it's only a 10 minute walk to Rhosneigr which is handy if you want to have a glass of wine with a meal.

Despite it being Easter weekend the place isn't packed out so there's plenty of room for our children to run around and play. The facilities are basic but clean, it has the old school feel of the campsites I visited as a child.

We would return.

Previous     60 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Isle of Anglesey

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more