Visitor Reviews - St Monans Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > Scotland > Fife > St Monans > St Monans Holiday Park Reviews

St Monans Holiday Park
St Monans
St Monans
Fife   (Browse area)
KY10 2DN

Open: 21/03 To 31/10

Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 5 miles   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 1 mile
 Beach 1 mile   Watersports 5 miles   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  14 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Smart Family 41 reviews from this member

On arrival the reception was friendly. We had booked a particular pitch and the booking confirmation gives you a code for the key pad on the pitch bollard which houses your toilet key. The pitch was large and level with a limited view of the sea due to many statics on the site. There were only about 10 hardstanding pitches and a tent area. The toilet block was very clean with individual shower toilet and sink cubicles with plenty of space. This is an ideal location for exploring the Fife coast with an easy walk along the coastal path to Pittenweem and Elie. St Monans itself is quite small with a beautiful Harbour area, with some small shops and a couple of cafes. The site was dog friendly and a large park is adjacent to the site for exercising the dog. This also had a large play area, ideal for children. Overall a clean and tidy site, although mainly statics is well laid out. Fine for a short stay. I probably would return.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Rasputin1 4 reviews from this member

Arrived here at 7. 30 on Friday night reception was shut but that was ok as I had paid online and I knew my pitch number. The next morning went into the office to check in told the receptionist my name and she looked at me like I had 2 heads I added I came in late last night she said 'you ok' then a bit perplexed I asked where the toilet was and do I need a code to get in she pointed to a red brick building and said no there is no code I left the office walked over to the toilet and it was locked back to the office where she said you need a key.

I have been in many campsites some are better than others but to offer no info about water, chemical disposal showers or even camp rules is below par.

Won't be back, pity as its a nice town.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sarahbaxter 1 review from this member

We stayed here for 5 nights so benefited from the 1 night free for every 5 nights booked promotion. Yes the tent and touring pitches are near the road but to be honest we didn't even notice. This is a good basic site. No entertainment, but there is a kids park in the field adjacent to the site and also a small park down by the coastal path. Would be nice if the pitches came with a sea view but the coastal walk is a mere 3 or 4 minutes walk away! toilets are quite dated but are kept clean and presentable. Grass areas are well maintained and staff are happy to help wherever possible. I will definitely be returning to this sit

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Worzell 1 review from this member

Well kept quiet site. Toilet blocks clean and functional, location fantastic. Its a short walk to shops and beach and there are a couple of lovely restaurants in town. The site manager works tirelessly to keep everyone happy and nothing seems to be to much trouble for him. This is a great site if you are looking for a relaxing time there is no bar or shop on site but shops etc just a short walk away. Great for dog owners as you have a park and the beach next to the site.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Telfer100 3 reviews from this member

Had a recent camping trip to this site in St Monans and was very disappointed.

Firstly, the area for camping is tiny and you are squashed in between tourers and campervans. There's hardly room to swing a cat between spaces.

Secondly, the toilet block was very poor. The showers were awful, with no more than a dribble of water coming out, which made showering impossible.

Also, there were no sensor lights during the night in the toilet block which made things very difficult.

It's a real pity that there aren't many camping sites in such a lovely part of Fife and I certainly won't be back to this one.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ay Drookit 6 reviews from this member

We only required to stay at this camp site for one night and would probably prefer to not return. The main poor points are: reception shuts at 5pm - this is not great since we only just made it and you need to get a toilet key from there, otherwise no facilities.

In addition the dish washing and laundry shuts at 7pm! We had to wait until morning to wash our dishes. This also needs to be addressed.

The toilets were clean but fairly sparse and unwelcoming. The grass area for tents as all other reviews state is very small and next to the main road on one side and a recreational/football park at the other only separated by a post and wire fence.

The camping area therefore does not feel very secure. Fortunately St Monans is a quite village, however, it was a wet night when we were there and the park was deserted, I wonder what it would have been like on a nice day.

The road was not noisy during the night. This site is mainly for static caravans and really tents and tourers are for the space left over which wouldn't be suitable for statics.

St Monans itself is a lovely old Fife fishing village and is picturesque. It has two very expensive top class restaurants and a hotel in which we had a drink. The menu looked reasonable but I cant comment on quality. O

ur reason for staying there was to allow us an early rise to get the ferry from Anstruther over to the Isle of May. That is a trip well worth while particularly in June.

If you are a bird watcher its absolutely fantastic. Thousands and thousands of birds fill the air - puffins, razorbills, guillemots, kittiwakes, shags, arctic terns the list seems endless.

The trip takes about 4 or 5 hours depending on the tide and its best to book ahead. Finish the day with fish and chips in the legendary Anstruther chippie.

The East Neuk of Fife is a wonderful area and well worth a visit. The only down side is I don't think the camper has much choice of camp site. It is £18 per night.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: ALI162 7 reviews from this member

First time back camping after a long, long break so booked 2 nights at this campsite. The area for tents is not the biggest I've seen but was more than adequate for our tent (2 of us in a 5 person tent). Previous reviews have commented that the tenting area is beside the main road but to be honest I've seen more traffic on the cul-de-sac where I live!

The toilet block was always warm and spotlessly clean and the showers had plentiful hot water on demand and plenty of space to get changed in. Dishwashing facilities again were excellent. The only small point to note is that the hot water is very, very hot indeed! So beware!

The site owner/warden was extremely helpful in suggesting places to visit and things to do. Local shops are only a short stroll away so not having a shop on the site is no hardship at all. I have indeed added this site to my virtual brochure and would have no hesitation in returning at any time.

A final point to note that this site is one of the only sites locally that I have found that I could book a pitch before arrival as we like to head off after work on a Friday for a weekend and this makes life much easier for us.

Date of Visit: March 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Blondie1289 4 reviews from this member

Really lovely site, pretty close to the road but to be honest didn't even notice the cars.

Big park next to site for kids, right on Fife Coastal walk which is great if you have dogs.

Warden very helpful.

Not many tourers mainly static caravans.

Surrounding area is beautiful, only short distance from St Andrews which Castle and Abbey are worth a visit.

Would recommend:)

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: STEVIENJO16 1 review from this member

My first camping trip and aged 40 lol! My partner and I cruised round Fife visiting St Andrew, Crail, Anstruther and getting a little desperate for where shall we pitch. We shot past St Monans caravan park and reversed to our saviour the site guy. He was cheerful, helpful, friendly and we got a PITCH WAAHOO! Yes it was near the road and we heard night traffic and young drunken lads at 4am and even overheard them say 'let's go kick a tent!' lol you got to LAUGH as let me tell you I'd kick there ass.

I loved St Monans. It was foggy and perfect down on the beach. Viewed the windmill and supped my cider and regal iced cake in tent - excellent. Shower in morning was great and managed to dry my hair under hand dryer lol! We did miss out as got lost as site guy told us of a great place for a wee dram and good night out! I would definitely go back.

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Acromarty 3 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a very enjoyable weekend here the guy was very helpful and pleasant. Good pitches. Not much on site to do but there is a big public park right next to the site and a lovely beach at the bottom of the site past the static vans with sunken picnic areas. The village is very nice with a nice harbour and a lot of small little streets to explore. Very good and will be back

Previous     14 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Fife

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more