Visitor Reviews - Riverside Camping

Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL55 2BB

Open: 14th March - 31st October

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool 5 miles   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 5 miles
 Beach 10 miles   Watersports 5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  118 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Sammy13 1 review from this member

I stayed at Riverside Camping Caernarfon, we stayed in one of the cabins because we wanted to try glamping, wow it was amazing and loved everything about it, the cabins are clean comfortable and you couldn't ask for anything different, the whole camp site was lovely and the staff and owners were truly warm friendly and would help you with anything you asked, I can not say a bad thing about the campsite or staff and truly would advise any one to stay here and I promise you you will not be disappointed, I'm recommending this to every one I know to stay here in future and I'm going back. Thank you for a truly amazing experience. Mrs Jenkins

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Angevo 2 reviews from this member

I love this campsite so much. It's our favourite. I camp with me, three kids aged 11, 10 and 6 and two well behaved dogs. The campsite is very welcoming. The pitches are fabulous. It's hard to pick a perfect pitch as there are so many great options to choose from. The river is fabulous entertainment. We've a dinghy we paddle down the river and we like to have a paddle and a swim when we go. The playground is central and easy to view from the pitches and I've never known a place where my kids have made so many friends and had so much fun! There is an undercover area where you can spend some time if it's rainy or play some table tennis or pool. What's great about this campsite is that there's enough to entertain without it being too commercial or busy. The balance is just right for us! The shower and toilet facilities and dish washing area are very nice too. No problem with wasps or flies. Lovely and quiet. 10 minutes into Caernarfon where there are lots of supermarkets and a chip shop and Chinese takeaway and the trusty MacDonalds and KFC! Also a home bargains in easy reach for cheap toys for rainy days or missing camping equipment. Lots of beautiful things to do around the surrounding area but to be honest there is plenty to entertain in the campsite itself. Cannot recommend highly enough. Thanks Riverside.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Team 118 2 reviews from this member

Spent 2 nights here on 17th/18th July. Loved this site, had lots of space, and a lovely open feel. The shop was lovely and welcoming and the toilets and facilities were clean and modern. There was plenty to do for kids with a play park and sport area that included a basketball hoop.

There was a river running through the site with a spot to bathe in, that my son and dog took advantage of to cool down.

There was a bistro on site but this was closed on the day we were there unfortunately. The site also had a good walking path for doggies.

The area around had plenty to do, we went zip lining and visited Mount Snowdonia.

We would recommend and would definitely have a return visit to this beautiful part of the country.

Thank you.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dommie64 1 review from this member

Spent a week camping on this excellent site.

A quiet and secluded field with just the spund of the river and wildlife to wake you in the morning.

The toilets and facilities were clean and well maintained and the staff very helpful and friendly.

We didn't use the hookups, but they are available for tents and vans.

An excellent base to explore Snowdonia and North Wales.

Will be returning with our motorhome later in the year.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lizzylou2 2 reviews from this member

Fabulous campsite for kids. I took my three grandsons and they had a ball, despite the poor weather. Only issue I had was the tumble drier is really poor and the manager didn't mind that another camper took my wet washing out to put her own in. Manager told me the other washing was only damp so wouldn't take long. This surprised me as earlier in the week, when the drier was broken, she was so helpful and actually took the two sleeping bags I had washed and dried them for me.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Odono83 2 reviews from this member

Excellent campsite stayed here for 3nights with wife and two kids. Kids loved the park and paddling in the river the mill restaurant on site is excellent and the site is close to lots off attractions. The toilets are spotless and the whole site well maintained. Will definitely be returning. Plus you can hire fire pits which you can bbq off as well.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ian Bot 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here 2nd week in September and what an excellent week we had, I wont repeat what other reviews say but what a fantastic site, our pitch was next to the river which was really nice, the site was quiet with just a few tents on it because of the time of year but what fantanstic weather we had, Showers and toilets always clean, the Mill Café served good food and reasonal prices. This site is well worth a visit, hope to be back next year.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nicolaw646 1 review from this member

Just returned from a very busy bank holiday weekend with our young family. After exploring the website and site plan we booked our pitch D6 (deluxe pitch) which on arrival was probably one of the best pitches on the site (we like space, hardstanding and fully serviced). The pitch was spacious with a large grass area to one side, fenced in by a small hedgerow. To the other side was a large grass area that led down to the river. Beautiful to wake up to each morning. The river is very much the reason as to why this site is so busy. It has small areas where the Children can get down the embankment and paddle / play in the river. (This appears to be near the riverside pitches and looked quite busy with children playing at times - might be worth considering if booking one of these pitches). Other facilities included a playground which was central to the campsite and was more than suitable for both our girls aged 3 and 6. The campsite also has the Mill Cafe ( explained to us by reception as somewhere to eat or have a drink). We didn't use this, simply because if you wanted to eat you needed to book as it was extremely busy and unfortunately was fully booked when we tried. We did however attempt to visit for a drink, but there was no room as people where eating. Appearance of table set up however, suggests that it is aimed at people eating rather than having a drink. There is a rather nice balcony area that over looks the playground but this is very small (3 tables I think) so was near on impossible to get a seat over the bank holiday weekend. The reception is large and spacious and the staff were helpful ( supplying a tv cable as the usual co axe lead does not fit). My only negative to the whole experience was the shower and toilet facilities. There just simply are not enough for the size of the site. The block nearest the hard standing pitches is unisex consisting of 1 male and 1 female toilet, and 4 unisex showers. There is another block near the reception area which is single sex but only had 2 showers in the ladies and I think 4 toilets. Every time I visited the toilet nearest the caravan (unisex block) I queued for the toilet and when I came out there were people waiting to go in. I visited the showers at approx 7:45 am to meet yet another queue. As the block was being used by people on the grass pitches and the weather wasn't to kind to us all weekend they were extremely muddy underfoot - no mop buckets meant that this was not rectified until cleaners came). Showers were warm and pressure depended on how many others were in use.

Loved the location of this site and understand why people rate it so well, but for us unfortunately the shower facilities let it down.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hobut123 4 reviews from this member

Lovely site, where you can pitch right on top of the river. Pre-booking is essential for this though as these pitches fill up fast - but now I really wouldn't stop there unless we were by the river, as it makes the campsite for us. We have camped here a few times in the summer holidays over the last few years, and it is one of those places that is now getting busier (depending on how you like your holiday this could be a good / bad thing). Nearly everyone likes to paddle in the river (plastic shoes recommended!), so be prepared if your camped at certain points where its easier to get in, you can have small crowd in front of your tent!

Ideally placed - 3 minutes drive from Caernarfon (the kids had the best time crab-fishing in the harbour!) Plus I think Llanberis is around 10 minutes the other way. Both places I would recommend highly. In Caernarfon you have the harbour (which has boat rides £6 adults, £4 children, dogs free), huge castle, plus shops. There is loads to do in Llanberis, take the easiest path up to Snowdon, or take the train (no dogs and expensive £27 for adult return), Dolbadarn castle which is free, Electric mountain, or just sit and watch the kids play on the playground by the lake.

There is a lovely (but very windy every time we have been) beach at Dinas Dinlle. Anglesey and Bangor is easy to reach from here.

Toilets, showers are clean. Owners friendly and approachable. Playground on site is pretty central, which was great for the kids and when we were pitching the tent they could play while still in sight. Small shop on site, selling the essentials.

Lovely little dog walk - which has taken some thought and planning. Dogs on lead even here, which is a shame as our dog is totally obedient and as a large dog needs a good run. But I can totally understand the dog lead rule - just wish there was an open area where dogs could run free.

All in all a great site - will be back, but may have to start camping at less busy times if it gets much busier! (We like it nice and quiet!)

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Rogue-the-dog 3 reviews from this member

Our second visit this year and we will continue to return if this year is anything to go with.

Pro

Fantastic site, beautifully kept, clean and tidy

Toilets cleaned several times per day and spotless

Lots of activities, playground, and scenery. Dog walk on site.

Staff are brilliant, attentive with plenty of walk arounds to check everything ok

We spent a couple of days just playing in the river, paddling in certain sections, caught a small fish with my son, deep section for swimming. Rubber dinghy and boards can be used throughout.

Former garden nursery so established plants and trees, well sheltered from wind.

Good location for travelling the area, plenty to do in the area.

Playground shut promptly at 9pm with children returning to their tents.

Cons

Getting popular, we couldn't book our third trip this year :-(

Our pitch was used as a shortcut by half the campsite to get to the toilets, rude residents tripping over our guy ropes rather than follow the path. Loud conversations as they walked past to toilets, showers, wash facilities.

Kids can get a bit giddy on the playground, parents need to supervise and be responsible for their children rather than let them loose (problem at most sites)

A few more toilet cubicles would be probably required at busy periods.

Fantastic second visit, love this site

Previous     118 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Gwynedd

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more