Reviews of Proctors Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Leicestershire > Loughborough > Proctors Park Reviews

Proctors Park
Barow On Soar
Loughborough
Leicestershire   (Browse area)
LE12 8QF

Open: 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022

Tent Pitches   Caravan Pitches   Motorhome Pitches   Small Campervans
 No Glamping Units   No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point   No Wifi Access
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant or Cafe or Takeaway <1 mile
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 No Beach   No Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring On Site
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 Lakeside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  42 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: April 2022  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Bernic 1 review from this member

First - time at this site and the last ! given verbal details of the place for tents to pitch my tent which I never found ! so went back to site office and was told I can pitch my tent nearer to gate if could fined a place, so I drove around to have a look !

A untidy site come building site,

I later found out that I had picked up a screw in a tier & £70 to replace.

No soap or Toilet paper in Toilets, but luck had it, I had I my own.

I had booked two nights but had it by then !

Date of Visit: November 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Campervan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Ratty 279 reviews from this member

I enquired here using the form on this page and got a swift response letting me know they had space and the price of £15.50 for me and my dog in the campervan without hookup. I phoned to pay and all was dealt with swiftly and was given the gate code and told to pitch where I liked, and to follow the path under the bypass if I wanted a Riverside pitch.

As I got closer to the site, all I could see was what appeared to be a caravan graveyard from the road, my heart sank and I was not impressed. I persevered as I had already paid, maybe that is why they like payment before arrival, as many people might well just turn around and go elsewhere.

I entered the site and drove past hundreds of seasonal type pitches. , statics, diggers, shipping containers, rubbish, scrap and more, It really was quite off-putting.

I continued through under the underpass and started to look for riverside pitches. There were not many as they were all taken by statics, or long term caravans. I did in the end find a lovely spot that was rock solid, so I am not sure you would get an awning up, but as I was only there one night it did not matter.

The pitch overlooked the lake / pond / river and it had some swans, ducks, geese etc and was actually quite pleasant to look at. I pitched facing this and was lovely to wake up too.

I was worried about noise, however the majority of the seasonal pitches and statics were not occupied and made for a very quiet and relaxing night, In the summer it may be a different story.

I did not find the toilets or showers, so cannot comment on them. I also did not locate the bins, fresh water tap, waste disposal etc. This was mainly because I was not given a welcome or site plan, etc. However I am sure they would have been quite central and had I needed them there were plenty of people wandering around eth site to ask.

There was a burger bar but I did not venture up there so I am not sure if it was open. There is also a club house, according to other reviews, but I did not find or use this.

In the end the site was fine for what I needed, a stop over for a sleep, although there was some road noise from the nearby A6, however in the campervan this did not affect me at all.

I would not return, unless on a single sex break with friends where you wan to be noisy, have a fire, stay up late, etc. In which case I would come back time and time again.

Date of Visit: October 2021 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Somerset Girl 1 review from this member

Very run down and untidy. Most units seem to be permanent residents. No hard standing pitches so not suitable for a motor home especially if itís a bit wet.

The busy A6 dual carriageway cuts through the site and is very noisy. No signage or information about services.

Doesnít seem to have a warden on site, merely a person in a small booth at the entrance whoís not often there.

Itís cheap for a reason. Also there are no pictures on their website which is telling. And their website booking system is flaky.

Could be a nice site with some effort. The river and canal could be a real advantage but needs a lot of work.

Date of Visit: August 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Bill1727 1 review from this member

Family-friendly site.

Recently has added a food bar with a great variety of choices on the menu and open at weekends till 10 pm so we never cooked!

Everyone was very helpful and friendly.

I Will definitely re-visit this place.

Date of Visit: August 2021 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Paullong 32 reviews from this member

This is mostly contractors and seasonal pitches so it's difficult to find a half decent pitch. Not very well looked after.

Toilets are disgusting and with no loo roll (didn't try the ones by the club house because they were at least 400m away).

No map to find facilities like Elsan point or water. Some ground is dangerous with rocks sticking up and some hidden by grass that will scrape the bottom of your car.

Bins were overflowing. With some TLC and separating seasonal pitches / contractors from holiday pitches, rules about condition of accommodation and a new toilet block, this could be a nice site.

Date of Visit: June 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Tat2hez 1 review from this member

Loved it everyone was really helpful

We arrived later than expected due to an accident but there was no problem or any dramas

Close to pubs, Indian and shop

Nice fishing spots

Would go again soon

Not the Ritz but it's camping

Toilets are clean

Club house is good for a beer or 3

Date of Visit: May 2021 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Ruskincat 1 review from this member

We had a quiet night, but would not return to this site, itís a mess. Absolutely no signage of where things are and it looks rough.

Obviously people live there all the time and run businesses from there as well. Parts of it look like a scrap yard.

The A6 runs along side it as well so bit noisy at rush hour.

On plus side a lovely pub about ten minutes walk away down the towpath

Date of Visit: May 2021 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  With friends
Reviewer: Laubo12 1 review from this member

Toilets so clean! I was worried when reading other reviews but theyíre absolutely fine.

We had the best time with a whole field to ourselves.

Price is great and if youíre wanting to be left on your own itís perfect.

Date of Visit: April 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Bean53 1 review from this member

We have been coming to Proctors, it's is in a prime position

Lovely down by the river

But oh my these could be one of the best caravan sites ever just needs a vast amount spending on, just a shame really

But saying that we will still come back

Date of Visit: August 2020 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Young couple
Reviewer: CatherineB05 1 review from this member

Myself, my partner weíre really looking forward to a nice relaxing long bank holiday weekend.

This was far from what we wanted!

The site was horrendous! Would not recommend to anyone!

The whole place is just very odd! No kind of security, had no idea where to check in, when I eventually did find someone they didnít check anything!

Took us half an hour to find a electric hook up which was an absolute waste of money, did not work!

The toilets / showers / washing up area were disgusting! NO lights! NO loo roll! NO soap! I totally get that a camp site is not going to be glam however you expect the essentials especially with COVID! luckily I took my own loo roll!

There was rubbish EVERYWHERE! It was a DUMP!

The nicest part was sitting in our tent with our own things and our own company!

We never slept the whole night! So roudy! Massive group of 30-40 at top of the field who were shouting running about, screaming! We had a couple of men next to us in a caravan running about. When this all started to settle down around 2. 30am, loads of building site works started (chucking Metal) for at-least an hour and half!

We booked for 2 nights, woke up the 1st morning around 7. 30 after 2 hours sleep packed up and left! We couldnít do it any longer!

We didnít want to ruin our whole weekend!

Just such a shame this place has the potential to be such a beautiful place!

Previous     42 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Proctors Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Proctors Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Proctors Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Loughborough      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Leicestershire

UKCS Meet Lifestyle 2022 Show, Shropshire 06/05 to 08/05
Holiday homes, caravans, camping, holidays, garden rooms, hot tubs, garden furniture, gardening, health & fitness - 20% off tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022