Visitor Reviews - Ballywhiskin Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Northern Ireland > N Ireland > Site Reviews

Ballywhiskin Caravan & Camping Park
216 Ballywalter Road
Millisle
Co Down
N Ireland   (Browse area)
BT22 2LY
Tel: 028 9186 2262

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Families Welcome   Club Members Only   Rallies Welcome   Naturist Site
 Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Dog Walk

Reviews:

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JoeyJames 1 review from this member

I came to this caravan park for the chance to spend quality time with my loving family. On site there are many facilities, such as- a children's park, a family farm, a toilet block facilitated with showers, toilets and a laundrette! My family includes teenagers, and although my younger children had a ball, my teenagers seemed to be very bored as there was nowhere for them to go to socialise. I would personally advice the site to create a resort for the teenagers of the site as I saw many other teenagers! Maybe a old caravan would do, just as a place for them to socialise when it gets darker or when it rains. I advice this change to be made for the next season, and I will definitely return! If there is a place for the teens to 'hangout' I would advice my other friends to take a visit here!

Reviewer: Numberguy 3 reviews from this member

We arrive and first thing I see is the security all over the place. Also the office staff done every thing that was needed and the went the extra mile.

At all time you where made to feel as If you where part of one big happy family.

The Wife and I a tent we had not long gotten and my youngest just wanted to go camping for he birthday.

We where given a map and a key to use the Toilet/showers and Laundrette, we went straight in as we had been travelling for a bit and where met with the cleanest toilets I have ever seen in my 36 years of camping

This one of the very few sites that has electric for Tents and we where happy to have it, as we had brought a laptop and the kids where having a great time as you can go online through the supplied WiFi wish is easy to pay for and get online.

The people made us feel so so welcome and the kids had a great time to go to the small petting farm that is within the site and all for free I may add.

There is a small shop that sells sweets and drinks for kids and at 5pm a small chippy opens and sell the best chips I've had in a long long time.

There was quite a large park for the children and and a full size football pitch.

The grass around the site was well manicured and not had a blade out of place.

All roads had speed-ramps and site limit was 10mph and was well posted. And everyone that I saw kept to it, as there are Wardens that enforce the rules 24 hrs a day.

I would recommend this site due to its proximity to a wondrous golden sand beach and a large Village approx 1. 5 miles away with a very decent nightlife during the Season.

I just could not fault this place in any way from its 15 per night for tents and 1 extra for electricity hookup. As for touring Caravans I saw they where 20 per night.

So if you even spend 1 night there I hope you feel just as welcome as we where.

Tom C

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Linny18 3 reviews from this member

Good site for a family. Toilet facilities well kept and new with a tuck shop which is good for children and a handy takeaway available at night.

Close proximity to the beach and rock-pools but you have to cross a busy road. Friendly owners and helpful staff. The park and animal farm were good for children, although the park has a sand base which is a little messy.

A good bit out of Bangor but situated central to Bangor, Newtownards and Donaghadee. In Millisle there are a few shops which are handy.

Good space for tents and will definitely revisit.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Trevandmandy 1 review from this member

My wife and I recently purchased a static caravan from Roy and Hilda Butler who are the owners of ballywhiskin caravan site. We absolutely love it and find the site really well run and friendly.

A great wee farm for the kids and just across the road a nice clean beach. Our children hate leaving the site and cant wait to get back. Lots of tourers arrive every week and keep coming back.

The owners are easy to get on with and have time for all the visitors. We certainly hope to spend many more happy years at the site.

All the caravan owners are very friendly and in the summer different events take place for the kids.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Alex79 3 reviews from this member

Site facilities include a decent enough secure shower block (deposit reqd), its used mostly by static owners, not a major issue, we always had use of showers/toilets when needed.

There is a kids 'play' area but to be honest its grubby and run down, could do with a clean up to get rid of all the cigarette butts and some new equipment wouldn't go amiss.

The tent area is little more than a spare piece of land unusable to caravans, its stony and incredibly lumpy, we lost and broke pegs and no EHU as far as we could tell, there was no-one to ask once we had got toilet block key, they were gone.

It had been raining and was very mucky, overnight rain turned camp area into a quagmire and our car had to be pushed free so we could load it.

Locally there's a good sized beach, good for rock pooling and usual village shops, chippys and pubs. You can easily travel along coast in either direction to Bangor or right round coast to Portaferry, there is a lovely Aquarium in Portaferry and you can catch the ferry to Strangford if you fancy going further afield.

Our kids were miserable and we left after 1 night.

The website for this campsite paints a different picture to reality, we were disappointed, its hailed as a family site but we wont be returning unless improvements are made. :-(

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tmm2912 2 reviews from this member

We visited this site with our family recently after checking out their website. The website makes it look amazing. Says pet farm on site, access to rocky beach from site. Etc!

We had planned a 3 day stay. On arrival we were greeted and sent to the 'Tent area' and told when we had set up to come back to the office to pay and pick up keys for facilities. So we went on our way to find the tent area empty apart from the cow dung on the grass and the cows leaning over the fence looking at us. We considered leaving then but rang around and couldn't find another local site that took tents so decided to stay one night. We set up camp and then my husband went to pay and pick up the key to find the office locked and empty. We had to ask one of the caravaners to lend us their key. We didn't get our own until we caught someone at the office by chance at 11pm. Not good with 3 young kids. The farm is tiny and dirty. There is NO access to the beach. You have to cross a busy road and walk to find it.

The play park was covered in cigarette butts! The good thing about the park was the new toilet block, it was clean and the water was warm with no extra cost for the showers etc!

It was cheap at 11 per night for a tent.

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in N Ireland

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over 885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth 119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey