Visitor Reviews - Pantglas Farm Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Pembrokeshire > Tavernspite > Pantglas Farm Caravan & Camping Park Reviews

Pantglas Farm Caravan & Camping Park
Ludchurch Road
Nr Amroth
Tavernspite
Pembrokeshire   (Browse area)
SA34 0NS

No Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <5 miles   Bar On Site   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   Cycle Hire 10 miles   Golf 5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach 5 miles   Watersports 5 miles   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  28 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Devonboy68 1 review from this member

This Site would appear to be mainly for regular sited Caravans, The pitches are poorly maintained with the hardstandings resembling building rubble. The site in general looks pretty tired. The majority of pitches we saw were mainly unlevel and levelers were needed. The toilet facilities are basic and reminded me of School playing field facilities of the late 1950s With no hot water in the ladies washbasins despite a sign saying 'Very hot water!', there is a 20p charge for the showers for four min's and a 20p charge for hot water in the dish washing area There is also a charge for Visa debit card's!. We didn't visit the Bar so I can't comment on that. The plus points of the site are there is a good dog exercise area and also a good children's play area.

Would I use it again?. Only a one night stop whilst on route to somewhere else.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Garyfellq 1 review from this member

I only been down pantglas farm a few times. I read all the reviews, a lot of them are a load of nonsense. I been up the club house and had a great welcome off everyone. I went up there and even dressed you. If you going to sit in the corner and don't talk to anyone people going to think you want to be left alone. Everyone there is trying to do same thing to make to site a better place. So keep it up you doing a great job and if I can do anything just let me know cos I be down there a lot and there's a dart board. Ha ha love this site. Rhiannon is helpfully with everything. Thank you everyone

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Duffnut 30 reviews from this member

Overall it is a nice site, but there are one or 2 things that could make it a bit better.

I'll start with those, the hard standing pitch we were on was quite sloping and took a while to get the van level (but we did manage it).

But this did make it very well draining and the amount of torrential rain we had that was very useful.

The hard standing could do with a bit of work, the rocks where you pitch your awning need to be smaller as it makes walking in your awning without shoes on very uncomfortable.

We also found the grass around our pitch was quite long with made the trip to the car a wet shoe experience every time, if it was raining or not.

The earlier comment about the resident kids in the park is true to a certain extent, but as the rain kept coming our kids hardly had time to use it anyway.

Now onto other things, The toilets were very clean and well looked after. Shower is 20p for about 4 minutes hot water but I'd rather do that for a temperature control and adjustable shower head, than the 20 second push button scolding sometimes dished out.

Rhiannon who looks after the site and is very helpful and with a bit of effort is quite easy to find somewhere on site.

There is a bar which is of a good size ( although Radio 1 blearing out a full volume when there is only a couple of people in there is a bit off putting) there is also a small games room with a pool table and an outside seating area which is great to have a drink at in the evening while the kids are in the park.

Wifi reception is very good via camping connect and it was 15 for 3 devices for 7 days which compared to a lot of sites is not bad.

Would I go back. Not sure, we were put off by days on end of torrential rain and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do in that area of Wales that isn't outside. If the site was located somewhere else I probably would, but I may not visit this part of Wales again.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alun jenkins 3 reviews from this member

A very well set out site, with a small club house and good size park for the children. But with the site being predominantly sited caravans it was obvious that tourers and tents were frowned upon. We visited with our three children, and immediately found that the resident children laid the law down in the park. This might sound petty, but 14 and 15 year olds are intimidating to 10 year olds and 5 year old girls. The club was small but nice, with a small games room available. The residents were not approachable or helpful, and made it awkward in their parking on the roads outside their sited touring caravans.

No shop on site. Security does not exist so anyone can come in and when the park is right by the road that's asking for trouble. Very over priced as we paid 80 for three nights for two adults and three children.

The manageress was helpful to a point when you could find her.

That's our view.

Reviewer: Ljbl 2 reviews from this member

Had a fantastic week here with my friend, our kids and dogs. Joy and Mike could not have been nicer, they are helpful, friendly and welcoming. Site is spotless and well cared for/maintained. The clubhouse is great value and we were happy to spend our evenings and money in there. We left it late to book and so no EHU left but the owners will charge devices and freeze ice packs for you so we discovered that you don't really need electric after all! We were in the tent field with loads of room for the kids and dogs to play. We had glorious weather so spent every day on the beach - Amroth and Coppet Hall. We look forward to returning next year!

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jmc3s 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a lovely week at Pantglas Farm over the Easter Weekend and second week of Childrens Holidays. We arrived with our Tourer and we were given a pitch close to the playground that was perfect for our 9 year old daughter, she enjoyed the Zip Wire amongst other equipment. The Toilet & Shower Block were spotless and I really enjoyed the Shower, it was 20p in the shower but I was happy to pay for this based on the facilities.

The owners (Joy & Mike) were very helpful and made us feel welcome, in relation to the site it seems that it is mainly Seasonal Pitches and Stored Caravans that are pulled out for owners who pre arranged so there was no Tourers/Motor Caravans really coming or going but this could be due to the time of year and during the Summer it may be different.

I did engage with a few of the Seasonal pitch residents, some were friendly and other not so or just wanted to keep themselves to themselves, we also ventured up to the on site Bar that opens during peak times, (reasonably Prices) it seemed everyone knew each other but not so friendly towards new faces and whilst that is not any issue of the Sites It would have been great to try and engage with other Holiday makers. The Site put on a Juggler/Entertainer for the kids plus interaction with Tricks after the show and unlike us our Daughter made loads of friends. (We may need to ask her advice).

Pantglas is a good base to explore and we certainly did this We would return to Pantglas Farm in the future.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Terry Jones 1 review from this member

Can only add to the glowing reviews already submitted. This is a first class site, run by first class people. The facilities are spotlessly clean and the site meticulously maintained.

A great site for exploring Pembrokeshire as it is close to the seaside resorts of Saundersfoot and the beautiful Tenby. For the kids, Oakwood Park, Folly Farm and Bluestone Lagoon are all a short drive away.

My advice would be to book well in advance for next year, as even in late October, Pantglas was very popular.

Reviewer: Jo Lynn 4 reviews from this member

I feel like I don't want to tell anybody about this campsite, I want to keep it all to myself so we can always get in! ;o) it's a gem!

If you are like me and want spotless facilities, a fantastic play area for the kids and a blissfully quiet and peaceful campsite then this is the place to go! The site itself is so clean, no rubbish, and from what I saw no dog do do (we don't have a dog so I was very pleased about this) joy and mike keep the place spotless, almost to an OCD level! Lol. The shower and toilet blocks are so so clean it makes you feel obliged to leave them the way you found them (which most people do from what I saw) there are clean cloths on the sinks and a mop at the showers so people can clean up after themselves and help keep it spotless. I never once had to wait at the showers, toilets or washing up room (which is also spotless!) there is a 20p charge for hot water in the shower and washing up room. A small price to pay I think considering its just 15 a night for tent camping! Joy was also kind enough to charge our portable DVD player and freeze our blocks no charge!

The playing area for kids is just brilliant, as soon as we drove in my daughter blurted from the back seat 'woah, look at the park its awesommme!' It's nice and spaced out between apparatus so the kids don't get glattered by each other. There are two themed slides, sunken trampoline, zip slide, sea saw, swings, and other smaller things. There are also two playing fields, one for football the other for just running about. Though the kids park is great it was never manic or crowded, and kids were off the park by 10, so no noise. Joy and mike have really thought out this site and made it so perfect for families with younger children.

The site itself is very nice and the pitches are so big. Our pitch was huge! We had two cars and it wasn't a problem. We also cordoned off an area with wind breakers in front of our tent (which could have homed another tent!) for our children to play safely. There really is loads of room! The hard standings for caravans are really large too, awning and car to one side and grass verge big enough for another car or gazebo on other side. Big! The park is kept well maintained with grass and hedging cut neatly.

There is a club house, but I likened it to more of a friendly living room with a bar in the corner! reasonably priced and very relaxed with not too many people. There is no entertainment here. Joy and mike have a strict no noise policy for late at night so you know your going to get a good nights sleep! You won't find gangs of rowdy youngster partying the night away here! Just perfect!

There is no on site shop, which isn't really a problem as most people are out and about everyday anyway. There are plenty in nearby Narberth. There is also no restaurant so if you don't feel like cooking yourself the Sporting Chance about a mile or 2 down the road is very nice and the food is excellent.

While we were there we visited folly farm, Saundersfoot, Narberth, and the surrounding beaches.

I would like to say thank you to joy and mike who are truly friendly people and have this park to a T! When we visit this part of Wales this campsite is where we will be staying from now on!

If you want a peacefully quiet holiday, a great playing park for the kids and spotless facilities look no further than Pant Glass Farm - Its a gem of a site!

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Crazyguider 22 reviews from this member

We've just returned from this gem of a site - what a find!

Immaculate site and facilities - I saw no rubbish at any time, and the grass was well cut and collected.

Joy showed us to our pitch, which was hard standing. We needed rock pegs for the awning, but this wasn't a problem. The pitch was also on a slight slope so we needed chocks.

The site is divided up into smaller hedged areas, which is great when it's windy, and it stops the site looking like a 'sea' of caravans and tents.

We were fairly close to a toilet/shower block which at all times was spotless, even during the heavy rain. Showers cost 20p which was just long enough for a no messing shower, and it also kept the queues down - my max wait was about 2 minutes. There is a further shower/loo block at the top of the park near the launderette and bar.

The bar was great! We noticed no cliquishness whatsoever. Mike and Joy were always genuinely interested in what people had done during the day and we were no exception to that. Bar prices were very good - 2. 50 for a glass of wine and the same for a pint. The bar also sells sweets. There was a TV in there and we all gathered to watch the opening of the Olympics in a great atmosphere.

The playpark is, as my kids said, awesome. It's certainly one of the best I've ever seen with a long zip-wire and a trampoline as well as the usual stuff, plus a big playing field where one child playing footy soon became a small team!

Joy and Mike the owners are very friendly and helpful, and gave us lots of tips on places to visit, and which of the local back roads to use!

We visited Tenby, Saundersfoot, Amroth, and Pendine for beaches, Carmarthen for the cinema and new shopping area (Debenhams etc), plus Oakwood theme park, and Bluestone Blue Laoon swimming complex - make sure you book in advance for this as we were disappointed one day and couldn't get in, so went the next day and pre-booked and evening bbq and swim session.

Would we return? Absolutely, yes - hopefully next summer!

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bafackinlays 9 reviews from this member

Another great week at Pantglas. As always, it was clean, well maintained and the team there are very friendly.

In fact everyone at the site is friendly and chatty and there is a lovely atmosphere there.

Toilet block is cleaned very well each day and those staying at the site take pride in it too by cleaning up after themselves.

The play area is great - lots to do and good fun for younger and older children.

Near to lovely beaches - all within half an hour's drive.

Shops no more than 10 mins drive.

Look forward to next summer!

Previous     28 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Pembrokeshire

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire