Visitor Reviews - Grange Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Site Reviews

Grange Park

Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Dog Walk

Reviews:

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jack the lass 2 reviews from this member

I have been coming to this site for over 10 years however this bank holiday weekend was shocking, their was a group of inconsiderate people who had visitors staying all weekend that wasn't booked onto the site making loads of noise well into the early hours without any consideration for other site users meaning a lot of the camp site got no sleep.

The site needs to establish some site rules and have someone on hand showing you to your pitches etc and controlling who is actually allowed on site to stay.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Trooperman 2 reviews from this member

I have been here many times and it is a good site as people say but it is golf orientated they don't cater for the caravanners.

Once the golfers have finished the club house closes unless there is a function on.

The site is pitch black at night and many thing have been stolen so don't leave anything out at night.

Fishing is good if you get up early as it is a day ticket pond and open to the public, weekends forget it children fishing everywhere and don't care how close they get to you.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MissElaineous 37 reviews from this member

Grange Park from a tent camperís point of view. It states on their website that they donít accept tents. But as it had the tent symbol on the UKCampsite.co.uk listing, I phoned to query this. They said tents are allowed if camping with caravanners so you can use their facilities for washing up. As my friends were there in a caravan, I was allowed to camp in my tent, though I didnít actually need to use my friendís caravan facilities as the sites were adequate.

There is a single toilet, shower and wash cubicle, plus the toilets in the club when it is open. I have come across this restriction before, more than once, and have got fed up of explaining to site owners that tent campers can be self sufficient too. It is not a problem, for me, to wash the pots in a bowl on my pitch. Someone on site pointed out to me, that the ruling may be because tent campers have, in the past, taken their pots to wash in the clubhouse toilets, which I can understand is not acceptable, especially if there is a wedding celebration or other function taking place. A pity that some have spoilt it for others.

However, if you go there prepared to use your own facilities if necessary, it is an ideal site. The wind got quite strong while we were there, but we were well sheltered by all the trees round the site. I have eaten in the club in the past when not camping, and the food was excellent. Nice fishing lake at the side of the touring pitches and golfing on site too. Plenty of space between pitches, and EHU available to all units including tents.

If you wish to camp here in a tent to play golf or go fishing, it might be worth phoning and explaining that you have your own facilities just as a caravan does.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Martincooke 5 reviews from this member

Nice looking site only let down by the toilet and shower situation. We were not told if we could use the clubhouse shower facilities so used the one shower on site which I have to say was dirty. For a one night stay it is an adequate place,

We even had a firework exhibition at 10 pm due to a wedding in the clubhouse, it would have been nice to have been pre warned though. If your a fisherman this is an ideal place to come with a massive lake at the edge of the touring pitches

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: PMBJW 7 reviews from this member

We visit here at least once a month and find this site ideal for our needs. Its cheap and cheerful pitches large and you can request a pitch in advance if you wish and they do accommodate this where possible.

Not millions of rules so we pop a tent up for the dog and roll out awning suits our needs for a weekend and there has never been extra charge for awning, dog, extra tent, visiting person etc. The price you see is the price you pay. My son and husband love the fishing and spend many happy days fishing in the quiet surroundings.

There is a guy with a landrover that leaves early, the golfers do start early and the birds are very loud from first light and it does get some traffic noise but ear plugs for me work fine, my lads are up fishing so no issue to us.

The showers have always been adequate to our needs but do shut early in the winter months. When busy the bins do overflow sometimes but rubbish around the site is up to individuals to respect each other and clean up after themselves! Our dog never wanders and so is rarely on a lead which has never caused a problem even with the fishermen.

All in all will we be back YES we have booked three weekends from the middle of June and I am really looking forward to it. One more positive note the regulars who visit are really friendly and helpful my son has adopted a couple of granddads who teach him something new about fishing every time we go.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Chestnuts1 3 reviews from this member

On arrival we thought the site looked quite nice. We were only staying one night on our way up to the peak district, We were welcomed in the clubhouse and told which pitch was ours. That was it! We weren't told about facilities or shown around.

We visited some family and got back to find that the bar restaurant was shut so ended up going back into Scunthorpe for pizza :(

The site although big and I'm sure the fishing is great was very dirty there were bits of old tissues and beer and coke cans laying around. We run our own campsite and take great care to keep it clean and tidy for everyone visiting and felt quite let down by the lack of care on this site.

Overall our stay was not great although good size pitches. They definitely need more than one shower/toilet and sink unit.

Date of Visit: April 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Crackett 1 review from this member

Visited this site numerous occasions just brill. I'll start with pitches - plenty of room for caravan, awning and car, at no hidden costs and on level grass. Plenty of room for children to enjoy themselves in front of caravans. Mrs Price the owner is strict but very fair and will try and do anything for you to enjoy your stay. The fishing is excellent, just floating bread and catch the carp. The kids will love it, just on a whip or pole. Golf - again really good, nine hole golf course for adults or children and a 18 hole golf course. No shop on site but you can go to Tesco about 2 mile away or Asda about 1 mile away and get plenty of tinnys. Food also good on site and pub, I say pub more like a golf clubhouse. Showers and toilets on site not up to scratch but may have changed. I am a tenter now so hopefully I will be returning

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Cornockfish 2 reviews from this member

Only 2 shower/toilet facilities for approx 20 or so caravans or motorhomes.

Fishing is only permitted on half the lake. The other half backs onto golf course. Fishing is good if you get up early enough to get pitch as the fishing is open to non campers.

Take care what pitch is offered, our pitch no 11 was very waterlogged.

Priority given to golfers and tennis courts.

Date of Visit: September 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Samtrevethan 2 reviews from this member

A lovely site, with tennis, golf and fishing.† One toilet†and shower which was not really enough if the site is full.

Spacious pitches with electric hook up, a large grass area for ball games etc.† Club house that serves excellent food.

Messingham village has some excellent pubs and shops.† Nearby Scunthorpe and nearest supermarket only 4 miles away.

Very peaceful weekend

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Lincolnshire

Win a Broadlands 5A Inflatable Tent Bundle worth over £885 Win an OLPRO Shade Campervan Canopy worth £119

UKCS Meet The VolksWorld Show 23rd to 24th March, Surrey