Reviews of Kilbroney Caravan Park

Campsite Search > UK > Northern Ireland > N Ireland > Rostrevor > Kilbroney Caravan Park Reviews

Kilbroney Caravan Park
Shore Road
Rostrevor
N Ireland   (Browse area)
BT34 3AA
Tel: 028 4173 8134

Open: Easter To September

Electric Hookups   No Hardstandings   Fully Serviced Pitches   Show Full Facilities
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   Tennis On Site
 Beach <10 miles   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <1 mile  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  32 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: September 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Rabsnlinn 6 reviews from this member

Fantastic site in amazing county down surroundings.

Lovely walks and plenty for children to do.

Facilities good.

Great central location.

Cant wait to go back.

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Ozisatwit 2 reviews from this member

Stopped at this campsite after looking at reviews (some good some bad) and decided to book.

Really nice site we had a level pitch with both water and electric near to the shower block. Very busy but still had space to fit a 6mx6m tent and car and seating on the pitch. Good facilities on site and a great cafe.

Ten minute walk into town where there is a small supermarket, takeaways and pubs.

Some very noisy families on site but security soon sorted them out and they were asked to leave.

Great location right in the middle of the forest as well with good walking and mountain bike trails all around.

Great location to explore the beautiful Mourne mountains.

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Steph1945 5 reviews from this member

Large quiet site, in walking distance from village of Rostrevor. In a local authority park with walks and sports facilities.

Helpful staff in office suggested places to go to next, and gave us leaflets and maps.

Keycard system to enter very clean toilet and shower blocks. Good washing up facilities. Large hard standings.

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Sjckayak 4 reviews from this member

This campsite is set in a park with amazingly beautiful trees with good access to the Mourn mountains and nearby local facilities. The park, the campsite and the toilet block were generally well kept.

Unfortunately though is has all the disadvantages of a council run campsite.

In the area we were camping I had to remove toilet roll from the grass and a used very dirty baby wipe. There was also small rubbish on the ground. Clearly no one had checked the campsite ground area and cleaned it and we did not see any presence of staff on the grass area during our stay.

There is no on site security at night. No simple recourse when an bunch of drunken campers keep singing and making significant noise till 1. 30am and continue to make noise all night.

The site is very poor value for money for tents. Most campsites recognise that 2 mountaineering tents are like a family tent with two sleeping compartments. They do not. We had to pay an extra 18 per night for my student daughter in a small 1 person tent.

The site is designed for campervans and caravans. The nearby park would be good for young children, but the campsite itself is not designed for family camping, the tents being given the poorest areas of the site.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Mrs. Bonce 264 reviews from this member

A previous review states that this is one of the best sites in Northern Ireland! if this is the case, I dread to think what the others are like! the diagram of the site suggests that there are few trees; there are absolutely loads and they block out what should be lovely views.

We are on pitch 9, shown on the diagram as well away from trees, but it's right into them and also has a terrible slope, very difficult to level up. No Sky tv signal to be found.

Nobody so far has mentioned the midges which are out in force especially in the evenings.

There are still temporary showers which should have been finished; the one I used was full of tree debris and hair in the plughole, did not look as if it was ever cleaned properly.

The only saving grace is that there are decent walks around.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Maure 3 reviews from this member

Well our family all have tourers that's 4 families and we all had our get together this month at Kilbroney. Our youngest son who has his own tourer had a slight sore shoulder on arrival but it got extremely worse that he had to be taken to Daisy Hill hospital for pain relief only to find that when they returned we had been told we had to be off as quick as poss as they were placing cabin containers on site for Red Bull Mountain Bike trials. I had to pack up our caravan by myself and husband had to pack up my sons as he had to return to hospital for more pain relief. Now they knew at office all about him but we still had to go none of us had lunch and there was 2 Grandkids too hadn't even had lunch. But the best of all was the trials don't start till this weekend and this was on the Monday. We had planned to go to the cafe on site but couldn't get caravans parked as to try and swing a double axle up to car park was impossible. We had to wait until we came across a cafe on road home which took sometime. We have many a great stay on Kilbroney but this one ended very disappointedly. No consideration was given to our situation at all. I am very disappointed indeed. I am rating points on this last stay only.

The sites are very sloped our caravan looked like it was taking off at front it was wedged up so high to level it out.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Balfour 16 reviews from this member

Stayed here for a couple of days - had the place to ourselves - thank god as a lot of the pitches were virtually unusable due to them being so slanted - I would say about one fifth you would need very big levelling ramps.

All sites well serviced, concreted, facilities good. Was unable to use the main entrance due to the height of the motorhome so had to go in the exit against the one way system. Very close to the town and Park. Lovely area.

Great as a centre for touring from. I have given it an overall rating of 7/10 due to the amount of pitches which really cannot be used safely.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Baddon 6 reviews from this member

Went with my 10 year old and our mountain bikes for one night to dip our tow in the water so to speak (not sure how stressful it would be if I'm honest)

STUNNING views

STUNNING trails

STUNNING site & facilities & Staff

Only bad point is that a lot of the hard standings are very slopped and would not have suited me at all. I just need a flat area, does not have to be hard standed as I don't bother with electric or other services. We stayed only a friday night as the site is so popular it was fully booked for Sat night.

Free WiFi was great once my son went to bed. Staff were helpful as this was our first stay at the site. They put a couple of my freezer pack in the freezer overnight so they could keep food cool the 2nd day.

Toilet blocks (there are two) were good and tidy. Biggest plus was the kids play ground though, my ten year old just disappeared as soon as we arrived and only came back to get a drink or introduce me to his new friends or when he needed food. Kids love em but really couldn't eat a whole one! Just as well the trailer tent is a doodle to put up and down on my own then!

I don't think they get a lot of trailer tents as I got quite an audience watching how it went up and loads of questions. I was one of the few men on site as it appears most work and leave wife and kids there during the week.

I meet loads of very friendly people, from an older couple in a MH who used to use a trailer tent to many families all stopping to say hello on their way past.

We will be back.

Would also use as a base for mountain biking with the good lady IF anyone wants to look after the three little ones???

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Aplpdf22 3 reviews from this member

This is a great site, well located for exploring Mourne area. The facilities are excellent and well maintained. There is lots for the whole family, wide open spaces, good playgrounds for children, greatmountain bike routes, walks direct from the site. It uses an easy off road walk into Rostrevor for shopping, pubs, restaurants and take always. Thoroughly recommended

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jonjesk 7 reviews from this member

We were looking forward to this site as we always read reviews to guide where we stay. I must say I was a little underwhelmed. Most of the pitches are on slopes, some quite severe. Toilet block was reasonable but dated, sinks a little too high for comfort. Great location [10 minute walk into the village, surrounded by forest] and views, great for mountain bikers. I wouldn't say I will not use it again but I would not rave about it.

Previous     32 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Kilbroney Caravan Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Kilbroney Caravan Park?  There is a shop within 1 mile  View all facilities

Is Kilbroney Caravan Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Rostrevor      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in N Ireland

UKCS Meet Stratford Caravan & Motorhome Show 26/06 to 28/06
Over 350 new and used caravans and motorhomes, camp over with 3 nights of fantastic live entertainment, bar and food ...more