Visitor Reviews - Camping In Llanberis

Fishing <10 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach <10 miles   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  46 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Write your own Review wo win a 150 Amazon Voucher!!

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ratty 181 reviews from this member

Here I am again, what a lovely site and nothing changes, it is still as awesome as it has been on every past visit.

The price is now 8 per adult and the dog is free, usual rules apply, pitch where you like, have fires, have fun and enjoy yourself and keep dogs on the lead as there are sheep in the fields. Follow these simple rules and the site is great.

Friendly welcome from the owner and she advised the showers are still 1 and they always have plenty of change in case you don't. Toilet and showers kept clean and very usable, as it the camping kitchen area and pot washing area. Fresh water on tap.

Llanberis is just down the hill and there are plenty of pubs, restaurants and shops.

And of course the fab walking straight from the site, I didn't need to move the camper in 2 days and walked straight from here.

The best and closest site to Llanberis and I will be back time and time again as long as they don't change anything.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ratty 181 reviews from this member

Well as promised I came back for a two night stay. This site is just as good as it was last year and the only difference is it is now 7 per person per night and the showers are still 1. The dog was free, but as always, they had to kept on the lead as it is a working farm.

The showers and toilets were just as clean, and I had to use my own toilet roll, but this is not an issue, maybe I went before cleaning time. Shower is still 1 per shower.

There is not much to add to my review from last year and Llanberis still has a great range of restaurants, cafes, outdoor shops, drinking establishments, etc.

There is still direct access form the site up to Snowdon, via the footpath in the field from the Snowdon Ranger Path and the full walk going up the Llanberis path and back down the Snow Ranger path is about 12. 6 miles.

It does get very windy in the top field, so please ensure you bring plenty of pegs and make sure they are hammered in well.

It filled up on the Friday night, however it was not that noisy and no major parties happened.

I will be back to this site next time I walk Snowdon and urge anyone who wants the best location for camping in Llanberis to give it a try.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Indyxe 3 reviews from this member

Very Basic campsite with toilet showers and kitchen wash up facilities all ok but a feeling the builder left early as it all looks a bit unfinished.

I only stayed one night as a base for climbing Snowdon.

I was offered a pitch on a field or an area next to the toilet/shower block. The field looked a bit to sloping so I chose the latter, it had been very wet and the area was very boggy with parts that had been churned up by vehicles.

Cant complain at the price of 6 for myself for one night, it was a bit noisy with dogs barking and general farm noise. But was quiet through the night.

For one night it was Ok for a base for Snowdon, don't think I would want to be here any longer.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ratty 181 reviews from this member

This campsite is awesome in so many ways. I phoned a couple of days before to enquire about pitches and the owner said to just turn up and the cost will be 5 per person per night.

The directions on their website are spot on and I found the site without any issues. The owner wasn't about when I arrived however a farm worker told me to find any spot and explained where the facilities were.

The site is a working farm and is on the side of a mountain, so flat spots are limited but being in a campervan meant we had no issues leveling. Dogs must be on leads all the time due to sheep in the fields.

Due to it being on a mountain when the wind whips through, it certainly whips through, but there are sheltered pitches in the lower field and by the walls.

The facilities are more than adequate, there are showers and toilets, a washing up room, an information room with washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge, freezer and microwave. The showers are 1 for eight minutes which is more than enough time and they are clean and powerful enough. There was not toilet roll during our stay, but that was not a problem as we took our own. There is fresh water on site by the facilities block.

The site is a 10 minutes walk down the road to Llanberis where you will find a wide range of shops from outdoor specialists to a Spa for your general groceries. There are plenty of pubs, hotels, hostels to eat and drink in too. The walk back up the hill to the site is quite long, but manageable.

The location of the site is spot on if you like your walking, we walked directly from the site to the summit of Snowdon, we crossed a field using footpaths and then trekked up the Llanberis Path, from the summit we then walked back down the Snowdon Ranger path and straight back to the site. The next day we walked directly from the site up Moel Ellio and back down, with some stunning views too. We drove to Elidir Fawr one day for another great walk, and also Moel Siobod in Capel Curig. But there are more walks than you can mention in this area and direct from the site too.

In the general area you have all that North Wales has to offer from Bangor, Anglesey, Harlech, Caenarfon and so much more.

For 6 per person per night and dogs being welcome, I will definitely be back to the site the next time I want to walk the Snowdonia region. I also got full reception on the 3 and T-mobile networks

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: LGriffiths 3 reviews from this member

First off the scenery is stunning with a superb view of Mt Snowdon, the site is quite large with quite a number of fields to choose from, non of which have many level spots. My husband and I have a tent, but we like an electric hook up, as our ages are 68yrs and 64yrs, and we feel the cold more than we used to, so have an electric fan heater, they're aren't many hook up pitches but ours was fairly flat and close to the toilets but the grass was very long. I never had a shower the three days we were there, as on arriving our total bill was 6. 00 per person and on top of that we were charged 5. 00 per night for the hook up ! ( even on 5 star sights we have never paid that ) then to check out the showers and find 1. 00 for 7 mins ! If we had had one shower a day each the daily rate would have been 19. 00 per night! Which considering the site is fairly basic is daylight robbery, needless to say we WON'T camp there again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Essendy 8 reviews from this member

We decided to climb Snowdon at the end of a touring holiday in Wales and found this site to be perfectly located for that. It is a little out of Llanberis, but you can get onto the walk to the summit from the campsite, up the lane. The friendly owners gave us directions and there was no problem.

We were given a fairly level pitch with electric hook-up and with breath-taking views of the mountain. We had drinks and nibbles before dinner as we watched the sunset and then the full moon rise over Snowdon. There can't be many places to stay with such a fantastic vista!

The site facilities are adequate and the showers take a 1 coin, which provided enough time.

This is a working sheep farm as well as having lots of dogs, pigs and a cockerel that really earns his keep from sunrise, so ear-plugs may be required if you are camping.

Stunning views and ideal for Snowdon - with good weather there can be no better place to stay in the area!

Previous     46 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review wo win a 150 Amazon Voucher!!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Kampa Portaflush 10 Portable Toilet! Win a 655ltr Waterproof Rooftop Bag worth 239

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 16th to 19th August, E Yorks
World's biggest tribute band festival. Family friendly. Discounted tickets and a chance to win some ...more