Visitor Reviews - Rhandirmwyn Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Carmarthenshire > Llandovery > Rhandirmwyn Camping And Caravanning Club Site Reviews

Rhandirmwyn Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Rhandirmwyn
Llandovery
Carmarthenshire   (Browse area)
SA20 0NT

Open: 01/04 to 03/11

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 No Shop   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport 10 miles  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  31 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Butcombe 2 reviews from this member

This site fitted are needs of a quiet and peaceful location. I was concerned as the approach road seemingly got narrower and narrower and the last bit is down a single track 1 in 4 lane with nowhere to go! The site was peaceful and spotless as you expect from the C &CC.

The area is beautiful and surrounded by hills and trees you can walk for miles.

Nearest shops are a fair old drive about 8 miles so factor that in.

Royal Oak at the top of the lane will keep you in beer if the weather gets bad.

I would recommend this site to anyone wanting isolation and peace and quiet.

Not so sure it will suit youngsters or small children.

Campshop sells lovely ice cream😃

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mo and Tel 3 reviews from this member

Returned home yesterday after 5 nights at Rhandirmwyn site.

As others have said it's a very pretty & peaceful site.

About 7 miles to Llandovery. So that is 7 miles to drive before you start to drive elsewhere.

When leaving - towing our folding camper yesterday, as advised, we did turn left out of the site so avoiding the steeper road to the right, nearly opposite the Royal Oak.

Luckily we didn't meet any caravans coming the opposite way. The lanes are quite narrow.

But there are passing places

The managers were very helpful and cheerful and work hard to keep the whole site very clean and tidy.

Keeping the grass short, tending the flowers, emptying bins & cleaning the shower blocks.

Showers etc are not the most up to date. But everything works fine. Water pressure is good and we never had to queue to use them.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nrjones 21 reviews from this member

Just returned from a very restful four days at this lovely, peaceful campsite. We were immediately welcomed and given a choice of hard-standing pitches - we ended up by the river. The facilities on site are very good - the toilet/shower block is very clean and spacious. Water and waste disposal are well located.

The next few days we enjoyed several walks, the most impressive being the Camarthen Fan, found several miles the other side of Llandovery. Choose a clear day and the views are amazing. We visited the local Royal Oak, up a very steep hill, on several occasions and felt very welcome with a good mix of locals and campers - the food is reasonably priced and very good.

I would say that this site is quite isolated and unless you like an active break, it might not be for you. We were lucky and only had a little rain. I think we will almost certainly return at some point to enjoy more walking and the hospitality of The Royal Oak.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MEvans666 1 review from this member

We visited here on a bank holiday after making a last minute phonecall on the Sunday late afternoon enquiring if we could camp for one night.

Wardens were so helpful, I felt the need to update all due to reviews from 2012/2013 - the wardens have been there a year and so not military. Nothing was too much trouble and we had some good conversations with them.

We found the facilities fit for purpose, very clean, bins emptied frequently.

Fantastic views, next morning we asked if we could stay another night which was not problem at all to arrange.

Local pub was visited for dinner and a few glasses of wine to chill. Food lovely, service excellent.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Alan Chilestone 36 reviews from this member

This site is a gem. Set in a valley with the river running by the site. Hard standings near the reception and camping field further on. You feel almost like you are in another world, secluded from outside. No mobile phone or TV reception on site (except Satellite) but the latter did not worry us as we had a very good Wi-Fi signal. Although the toilet blocks are of an older design, they were kept spotlessly clean. The Warden team this year is excellent. Very friendly and helpful. Love the manager's 'Thought for the Day'

Lots to do in the area. Would recommend a walk at the Llyn Brianne Dam. Dolocouthi Gold Mine and the Red Kite feeding station. Two good local pubs, serving meals, said to be in walking distance. One is at the top of hill from the site so easy to get back after a couple of ciders! Access to site from the village involves turning down a steep hill, however they recommend you leave by a different route, which although narrower, is not quite as steep, and there is less risk of grounding.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MidgeandPaul 3 reviews from this member

The people running this site could not be more friendly or helpful, they are the examples of how campsite hosts should be. I and my dog felt very welcome. The site is large, level and very well maintained. There is a small but well stocked shop, helpful if you are backpacking, which I was.

There is an excellent pub about 10 minutes walk away where you can even get breakfast if you book ahead.

The only downside to the site is the midges at night and early in the morning so take plenty of insect repellent.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Oddfellow23 7 reviews from this member

Arrived and were greeted with by warden who was very polite. Were stung an extra 7 because we were not members, this was not mentioned when we booked on the phone. We were shown to a hardstanding pitch amongst some very new expensive motorhomes. Our campervan is a basic van and we would have felt more comfortable in the camping field. Anyway, the facilities were very good and the location is nice. 10 min walk to local pub The Royal Oak. Nice food, real ale and traditional welsh cider. All in all a pleasant experience

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Motorhometrips 22 reviews from this member

I have a certain sympathy with some of the comments re 'rules' made in the previous review. I was staying in the excellent Erwlon campsite in LLandovery on my way to South Pembrokeshire. And it seemed to make sense to visit this site as it it was only 7 miles up the road from Erwlon.

The other problem was that the weather was closing in and the objective was to go for a walk rather than sit in a campsite. So as we were only 7 miles away, as a matter of courtesy I rang the site and asked if I could arrive before 12. 00, bearing in mind that this was low season. This was difficult as they had to clean the toilets & my response to this was 'could I then just turn up, pitch up and then sort it out later. ' This was not possible as the club's rules state that I have to be escorted to a pitch. I nearly did not go, but cut a long story short, I arrived dead on 12. 00, packed lunch already made, water taken on at Erwlon and away we went and had an excellent circular walk via the Llyn Brianne Dam. (pictures on my blog show that the weather just about held). We even had time for a beer at the Towy Bridge, which does excellent value meals.

As for the site, well it meets all of the normal first class C & CC standards, it is in a beautiful location, excellent value for money, as I am a member and eligible for the age concession, polite and courteous wardens. All I would ask for is a bit of flexibility. Ok I do understand, having spoken to wardens before, that the great Britsh public can at times not be the most co operative, and some of the stories that I have heard are unbelievable, I did, however, visit 3 sites after this one; phoned each one before I left and had no problems arriving before the 'alloted time', That is what good customer service is, going beyond the norm, and exceeding the customer's expectations. Sadly the response I received was expected so no no disappointment their.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jen Scott 3 reviews from this member

This site is run with military precision. We were greeted by a very friendly lady and then shown to our pitch by an equally informative and friendly fella, who told us where to pitch out tent (exactly to the inch).

Very level and well kept, good drainage we settled in all well day 1. Day 2 went to the loo unfortunately they are completely closed from 11-12, warden cleaning one of the toilets I asked could I not use one of the other 9 toilets no they are closed for cleaning there is a sign. Friends then arrived. Observing the strict 1 car per pitch rule they opened the gate and drove in in drop of their bedding and return their car to the other side of the gate in the clearly signed visitor area. The car hadn't even stopped when a warden came running up out of breathe. Stating sign, gate, must stop there is a sign, mgr goes mad if you ignore the sign. Friends quickly drove back to reception announced their arrival and were allowed back onto field to unpack the car.

Day 3 I forgot the 11-12 toilet/shower closed rule as was concentrating on the must vacate pitch by 12 rule. Went to shower at 10. 59. Warden glared 'you don't think you're having a shower do you, closed for cleaning it is clearly signed'. Drove home in PJ

At nearly 45. 00 for 4 adults not the cheapest, very friendly if you abide by the rules, lovely cleaned presented toilets and free showers,

little shop on site as the basics only open for cash sales 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon. We tried to buy citronella tea-lights at 5:03 as getting bitten to death. Warden inside just looked at us pointed at the sign open 4-5pm. Think I will stick to smaller less officious sites. Wardens need to chill out a little bit.

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Barney09 1 review from this member

As soon as we got to this site we were welcomed

the camp site was all we could ask for. Showers and toilets were clean, and had lovely washing up and laundry facilities.

The views from the site were lovely, and so many walks for the dog and best of all it was quiet.

Also near the site is a lovely pub which we ate from. You may have to walk up a steep hill but its worth it. Also no mobile signal, which was even better.

We only stayed for 2 nights, but wished we could have stayed longer, we will be going back to this lovely site.

Previous     31 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other Sites Near Llandovery      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Carmarthenshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth 100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more