Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Advent Calendar

Reviews of Quarryfield Holiday Park

Campsite Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (West) > Newquay > Quarryfield Holiday Park Reviews

Quarryfield Holiday Park
Tretheress Road
Crantock
Newquay
Cornwall (West)   (Browse area)
TR8 5RJ

Open: 04/07/2020 to 31/10/2020
           01/03/2021 to 31/10/2021

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   No Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 No Fishing   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Beach <1 mile   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  29 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: September 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 7 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Angela 1 review from this member

Lovely site and friendly people

It was very clean and tidy

Had a great holiday

Will go back again

Enjoyed the time we spent there and also had good covid measures in place.

Date of Visit: August 2020  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 11 Travelling as:  Family with young children
Reviewer: PostieKev 9 reviews from this member

We love this site.

Great location situated 5mins walk from village, 10mins from one of the best beaches in Cornwall and 20mins walk in to Newquay.

Great site amenities, Including an outdoor pool.

Amazing food at the Q inn (on site pub) as well as access to the ParkDean Clubhouse next door.

Large pitch sizes

Only issue with this site is the narrow road that you use to arrive at the site.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Teppin 9 reviews from this member

My second visit. The Crantock area is beautiful and I love being able to walk from the site to the beach, dunes and river. The site is simple, split across a quiet road (the traffic is for this site or the neighbouring Park Dean holiday park).

On both visits I've experienced bad weather, the site is a tad exposed, but I take that for the location, the site drains very well. The place has a laid back feel, a mix of families and groups, the beach and surf are very popular. There's a small play Park for kids and an outdoor pool.

The shower and toilet block are kept clean, nice to see a laundry room for active types to clean up. Really great to see generous freezer and fridge space, so you can freeze blocks or store food.

Being honest I've not been in the pub, it's not what I'm there for. There's a shop on the neighbouring site and one in the village for essentials. Yes I wouldn't fancy the road to the site with a caravan, it's bad enough with a car. But this is a lovely place, I will return next summer.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: Bowell3273 1 review from this member

We have been going to this site for 10 years. All I will say is location, location, location. It is next to one of the best beaches is the area by far in a chocolate box village. Yes, the lane is narrow. But that is not unusual down there. Yes, it's windy at times. But you are on the coast. Apart from the adjacent Parkdean site ( which will cost you a small fortune in high season) it is the only genuine walking distance site in the area. You can walk the others but would you want to with kids, dogs, buckets and spades, footballs, picnic hamper. I think not. I know cos I have blinking done it ! The pitches are large, the owners lovely, the showers clean and seviceable.

It cost just over 400 quid to camp for there for two weeks in six week holidays. You find a campsite in a nice as spot for that money if you can. Yes the pool is bloody freezing and the on site pub is cheap and cheerful. You get what you pay for with amenities. If you want a stunning beach side location, access to a village and coastal walks you cannot fault this place. Crantock is also really handy for accessing other parts of the county.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: ClaireBear66 1 review from this member

I have been camping here for 30 years and seen a lot of changes for the better. The shower block is kept very clean and facilities are very good - the launderette has been a godsend especially when the weather has let us down. When my children were younger I camped there as a single parent and met a lot of friendly people and returned every year since. I have camped in small tents, camper vans and now camp in a large tent. I have camped on top field and bottom bottom field the pitches have been very spacious being able to accommodate my family visiting when they couldn't find other accommodation. The staff were happy for me to put a extra tent on my pitch at a extra charge. I had a camper van, tunnel tent adjoining, space for picnic table and deck chairs for sunbathing & was still able to fit on a 4 berth tent.

The pub on site as been very accommodating too, great for entertaining me, my children and now grandchildren especially if you can't be bothered cooking you can get a reasonable meal. We have spent the odd lazy day by the pool were it is nicely sheltered from the wind. Only once did I battle with a water logged muddy field when it rained continuously for 2 weeks we still had a great time visiting local attractions. The reception is always happy to help they have information and lots of knowledge of the local area.

The nearby village is picturesque with a beautiful church that I visit when I am down there. You can hear the bells on a Sunday on the campsite. Myself and partner are getting married in this church this year. The locals are very welcoming they have coffee mornings, fetes and festivals and encourage visitors to join in. I could go on forever giving this site and location credit - after all I hope to live here one day. I would rate everything 10 out of ten apart from the pub on site that did not have entertainment like had in previous years. Big shame.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Saddletramp 2 reviews from this member

This review is aimed at touring caravans. The lane into the site is very long and narrow even if you're competent at reversing you won't be able to because you can't see down both sides of the van (the lane is that narrow) there are no passing places so if you meet another van you will be in serious trouble.

Site is situated quite close to the beach so handy for surfers and children but probably easier to use the car if you have a lot of kit and don't want the uphill walk back.

Site is dog friendly with a superb dog walk. Toilets ok but only ok. Showers Luke warm with very little pressure.

Situated on top of a hill so in windy conditions can be unpleasant for campers. Handy well stocked shop. Didn't use the on site pubs so can't comment. Swimming pool very clean but very cold. This is an average site with most attention paid to the static caravans, campers being the second cousins. Finally if you're camping give it a try if you're towing a van give it a miss. ( don't say you haven't been warned)

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Geeljay 11 reviews from this member

Our 4th visit. Proximity to the beach, thro the village, makes it the ideal spot. Our unit was of good so toilet shower blocks not needed for us. Friendly bar on site, and lovely pool for families. You can access the beach from the site, but we used the nearby car park in Crantock village, much easier option. Easy to Newquay, Padstow, Porth.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Grotbags 6 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a good 10 night stay at Quarryfield. My first point would be the road to the site - I was only towing a little trailer but am a little useless at reversing -a tiny single track road that would have been an absolute nightmare with a big caravan.

The staff were super helpful and friendly from booking to arrival and any queries whilst on site. We had a lovely big pitch that was clearly marked out, although it was on a slope. Lovely views over to the beautiful Crantock beach. The electricity supply was 16 amp so great and water taps on each electric supply. The site was nicely lit. It is, however, at the top of a hill and so got VERY windy - we left a day early as we had had 2 days of 25 mph winds with 45 mph predicted and my front extension had already ripped - so we bailed out! There were many flattened tents!

The toilets and showers were always very clean and maintained well. The water pressure and heat to the showers were low at times and the push button showers so frustrating. There were never ques which was great. The washing up facilities were good, always plenty of hot water and there were freezers for campers' use.

The pool was clean and we often had it to ourselves which was great, the kids loved it.

The lovely Crantock beach was a 10 minute walk over fields - we enjoyed the walk but it would be tricky with pushchairs etc and was quite a steep uphill walk back! Crantock village was a 5 minute walk away with a couple of lovely pubs.

The Q Inn on site pub was ok, food was ok but I'd not really recommend it if I were honest.

All in all I loved the location of the site itself but the drive along the road to/from the site was a nightmare each time and the wind did spoil it a little. We really enjoyed our stay but I think I would probably opt for a different site next year.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Corhardy 3 reviews from this member

Not a bad campsite. We visited over Easter and although the weather was still cold the on site 'Quin Inn' had a roaring warming fire and ice cold Rattlers on tap.

Very windy as well but you would expect that from a site overlooking the sea.

The showers/toilet blocks were clean and you are given your own entry code to use them.

As this site backs onto Crantock Parkdene you could use their facilities also. The site shop was well stocked.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: T07zombie 20 reviews from this member

Just had 10 days at quarryfield crantock. This is not a bad site with everything you need within walking distance.

Good points

Swimming pool

Childrens play area

Well stocked shop

Very close beach

Relaxed owners

Good walks

Toilets clean and tidy and never a que

Electric 16amp

Spacious pitches

Good for family's

Free WiFi

Bad points

Swimming pool very cold not heated slabs unsafe around pool

Camp site seems over crowded no defined pitches

Road is shocking onto site and can be very tight. I don't understand why its not a one way system as there are 2 roads to the site

Can be noisy at times late on with music and karaoke from site bar.

Site can get very windy at times as its on top of a hill over looking sea

Could do with being lite up better at night with nice lighting not big football type floodlights.

In all a good site but would not return there are better ones in the same area. Don't get me wrong its just not our type of site. Could do with definded pitches with fences or hedges. People walk through your pitch taking shortest route to the toilets etc. Not the best weve been on.

Previous     29 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Quarryfield Holiday Park child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Does Quarryfield Holiday Park have a swimming pool?  YES, there is a pool on site  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Quarryfield Holiday Park?  There is a shop on site  View all facilities

Is Quarryfield Holiday Park dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Newquay      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Cornwall (West)

1900 Visitors online !

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 160 each PLUS a Christmas Day Star Prize worth up to 865

Get an email reminder on 1st December