Reviews of Ledgowan Lodge Bunkhouse & Campsite

Campsite Search > UK > Scotland > Highlands > Achnasheen > Ledgowan Lodge Bunkhouse & Campsite Reviews

Ledgowan Lodge Bunkhouse & Campsite
Ledgowan Lodge Hotel
Ledgowan
Achnasheen
Highlands   (Browse area)
IV22 2EJ
Tel: 01445720252

Tent Pitches   No Caravans   Motorhome Pitches   No Glamping Units
 No Electric Hookups   No Hardstandings   No Fully Serviced Pitches   Show Full Facilities
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 No Shop   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   No Wifi Access
 No Playground   TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach <10 miles   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:

To find out if we're taking bookings please contact us

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: NEJane 25 reviews from this member

Having planned a week away, up in Scotland, I wanted somewhere to stay for one night as I traveled from west to east. Looking at the map, I came up with Achnasheen and discovered the Ledgowan Lodge Bunkhouse and Campsite. I rang the hotel and they informed me I could stay, with my campervan, in their side car park, for a fiver a night. There is a small field too, for tents. When I arrived at the 200 year old Victorian building, I was well impressed with its stately grandeur. Stepping inside was like going back in time but it's beautifully maintained. I was warmly greeted by the gent behind the reception desk who informed me, once I'd paid, to park up anywhere around the side of the building and that I could use the nearby bunkhouse facilities, if I so wished. Initially I wasn't keen to use the shower in there as I noted burly male walkers and workers arriving, at the end of the day. However, being a walker myself I befriended two of the residents and joined them for a drink, within the building. The shower room is, surprisingly modern for what looks to be a bit of a dated glorified shed, from the outside. We finished our night, in the hotel bar and I have to say, the staff were so friendly and welcoming to this lady, who'd parked up in her campervan. I used the shower, the following day, once the bunkhouse was evacuated and I had oodles of hot water, finishing my morning by having coffee and cake, in the hotel's sumptuous lounge - that being a fiver too - very good value! I would certainly recommend this place, especially to solo lady travelers, such as myself, I was made to feel so welcome and have been asked back next year. I will be taking that offer up! On a final note, there is no rush to leave either, I asked if I had to be away at midday and was informed that I could leave, whenever I liked.

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Ledgowan Lodge Bunkhouse & Campsite child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Is Ledgowan Lodge Bunkhouse & Campsite dog friendly?  NO  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Achnasheen      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Highlands

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Wokingham 26/06 to 28/06
Approximately 100 different tents on display, and a range of camping accessories ...more