Visitor Reviews - Trefalen Farm

Pembroke
Pembrokeshire   (Browse area)
SA71 5DZ
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: Please Check Calendar

No Electric Hookups   No Hardstandings   No Fully Serviced Pitches   Show Full Facilities
 Toilet Facilities   No Showers   Washing Up   No Bathroom
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   No Golf   No Tennis
 Beach On Site   Watersports 1 mile   No Boat Launch
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport On Site  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  52 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Harriette 1 review from this member

Have just come back from a delightful week at Trefalen Farm. Absolutely perfect. We were aware of the basic facilities so we were prepared. We took our own electric shower and as we were experiencing 30 degree days, were able to heat enough water for 2 of us to shower.

On arrival, checking in to the farmhouse to see Donna was super fast. We were handed our toilet rolls and off we went to find a pitch. They are careful with the supplies due to kids blocking the toilets with too much toilet roll, hence why you need to take your own on each visit. At least with this method, you always know there will be some! washing up facilities, toilets and shower blocks were always clean.

Malcolm came round every day to make sure it was all ok. He was a pleasure to speak with and even offered us a trip on his canoe.

Only 5 min walk to the beach but it is via steep steps and then a sandy steep dune. On the 7 days we were there, I think we only ever had to share the beach with a handful of other people. It really was heaven.

Campsite is situated perfectly for everything there is to do and we managed to walk to Barafundle beach and Stockpile one day.

Don't bother going here if you want a rowdy weekend away. This campsite is managed well so allows everyone to enjoy themselves and not have to listen to someone who thinks they are Eric Clapton at 1am. Be warned, you get notified of the rules of the campsite on booking and when checking in, if you don't follow them you will be asked to leave, which is only fair.

The local pub is a shortish walk away but we drove there due to the roads being very bendy and quite narrow. Food was lovely there and prices were reasonable. It is worth a trip.

Even with lack of hot water, the campsite really is one of the best I have stayed on. I can't wait to go back there.

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Catherine Williams 1 review from this member

We stayed at Trafelen farm and it was just magical, really peaceful overlooking the sea with beautiful coved beaches that reminded me of Sardinia! We were the only people on the beach for a whole day, the sea was freezing though on some of the hottest days of the year and the showers were cold (no hot water supplied) but so refreshing! Bliss! The hosts we met were looking after the campsite for their brother-in -law and did a fantastic job! We were so welcomed. So a huge thank you to Donna for letting us stay without a booking, Chelsea (daughter) for being so lovely and telling us all about local areas to visit etc and then to the wonderful Malcolm (husband) who made us laugh so much and even let us use his beloved Kayak! Thank you Guys, we WILL return!

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: BevL 1 review from this member

One of my favourite campsites in Wales! Stunning location, basic but good facilities (look out for the swallows nesting above the sinks!) and great owners who are super friendly. The views/position make this place special, minutes from a gorgeous beach, and so close the the lily ponds. We will be returning!

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Rollermanx1cping 1 review from this member

Basics on site, cold showers only. Good seaviews but expensive, at 14. Large field next to farmhouse. No hookups. Approached along narrow windy road. Nice couple of owners, Great site for visiting the lily ponds at National Trust Site in village. Beach is close but steep climb

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Emmaray 1 review from this member

My first visit and it was wonderful! Such friendly owners of the site and give you all the local info.

Very relaxed and due to the low number of pitches, dogs allowed off lead. 2min walk to the most beautiful beach and then walks to even more beautiful beaches and coastal walks.

Have a walk to the only pub, 20mins round the lily pond.

If you want to play guitars and be noisy you need to camp elsewhere!

Lovely site!

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Steve cave 1 review from this member

Can highly recommend this campsite, especially the help of owners Laurence and Marcia. As there are no electric hookups we were well prepared with solar power and gas fridge, unfortunately the fridge broke down and Laurence came to our rescue by providing a hookup from his farm. We were allowed to stay an extra night as we had to cancel 2 sites on our tour. He and his dear wife could not have been more attentive making our stay memorable, not only for their help, but the fabulous location of the site.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Unomot 1 review from this member

Amazing camp-site - I was the only one there that time of year! Very friendly and helpful people. The beach was my favourite discovery on my coastal path hike from Angle and was a two minute walk away from the site. The pools were also worth a walk around. Spent my evening in the local pub which served very good food - highly recommend a visit!

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Thumbsup 5 reviews from this member

I chose this site for its basic facilities, but mainly for its position. Its a large site so plenty of room to maintain privacy if that's what you want. There was only 1 other van there when we were, so no problem for us or our dog who is a bit wary of other dogs. So nice to have the coast path at the end of the field, although you wont be able to go west if the red flag is flying, which happened on our last day, which saddened me as I was planning to go that way - perhaps next time. The lovely sandy Broadhaven beach is 5 minutes walk and the other end of the beach leads to the walks round the lakes which you can vary to suit yourself. Toilet facilities are perfectly adequate (no hot water or loo paper) but my only small gripe was that they were a bit dark inside, especially if you get there early evening before the lights come on automatically at 7pm. We loved it and I'm sure we will return.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Pat4d 3 reviews from this member

This was my second visit this year and again I was not disappointed. The site facilities are basic but clean and function perfectly. What makes this special is the location and the lovely beaches and walks around the lakes.

I wasn't impressed by the local pub.

The cafe in Stackpole was good on my first visit but appalling on my second so I guess you take your chances there.

Very dog friendly site and the beaches are too.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wendyjoan60 2 reviews from this member

Just wanted to say we have just come back from the most relaxing 3 night stay at this camp site. Bliss. The weather was not the best. But that did not spoil the total chill out we got from this place. Its right above broad sands and we fell asleep each evening listening to the waves. No noise from fellow campers who abided by the no noise or camp fires after 11pm rule. Glad to have found a camp site with owners who care about their guests. They were welcoming and helpful and left you alone to enjoy this special place. Clean toilets and undercover washup area. Cold shower (which my husband loved !). I used a solar water bag. Lol. I am not that brave. And they welcome dogs and the beach is dog friendly too. Hurray. We all had a brilliant stay and want to return for a longer stay next time. Thank you x

Previous     52 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Pembrokeshire

Win a 299 Clarke IG1200B Suitcase Generator! Win an Outwell Electric Barbecue Package worth over 205

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 6 to 7th July, Derbyshire