Visitor Reviews - Dafarn Rhos Caravan And Camping Site

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Isle of Anglesey > Moelfre > Dafarn Rhos Caravan And Camping Site Reviews

Dafarn Rhos Caravan And Camping Site
Lligwy Beach
Moelfre
Isle of Anglesey   (Browse area)
LL72 8NN
Tel: 01248 410 607

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Pitches: 86 (85 EHU 1 Non EHU)
Open: April To 30th September

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   Recycling Facilities
 No Kitchen Facilities   Freezer / Fridge   No Motorhome Point
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing 1 mile   Wild Swimming 1 mile   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding 5 miles   No Cycle Hire   Golf 5 miles   Tennis 1 mile
 Beach On Site   Watersports 1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring 1 mile
 Sea Views   Not Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Not Open All Year
 Coastside Pitches   Public Transport 1 mile  Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  151 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Date of Visit: June 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Gerrygads 6 reviews from this member

I found the site to be very clean and tidy. We were allocated a pitch against the hedge but was really struggling to get the tent up in a brisk wind, so helpfully we were directed to another pitch nearby which was very good.

The beach is conveniently nearby and accessed via a security gate. This gate could be opened with a magnetic fob which is a lovely idea. You pay £20 deposit which is returned when you leave.

The views are beautiful and the site is peaceful.

However, the fact that our well-behaved dog had to be at all times on a short lead was extremely tiresome and you were under no illusion as to this fact. Numerous people told us constantly about the short lead rule. For this reason, we will not return.

Date of Visit: May 2019 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Nights stayed: 4 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Mozzer1966 3 reviews from this member

This is one of the most picturesque sites you will come across with good facilities. We have visited the site probably more then 10 times over the years, that how much we liked it,

Now the bad news over the years the site has lots of rules which is not an issue but on this visit I was “told off” three times in the first 30minutes of me being on the site! And the way I was spoken down to was unbelievable, customer service was far from the normal.

As I have said we have visited this site numerous times and this is a real shame that customer service is very low on their priority.

I did report the above to the owner on my departure with little result.

This time we paid for a serviced pitch with was not level and the waste water drain is above the pitch which without a put together piece of pipe to change the angles would never work!

I just hope that this site can return to normal soon until then I will not be returning which is such a shame. ,

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Garlo 1 review from this member

Just spent four days at this excellent site. Situated next to Lligwy Beach this is a fabulous location and very picturesque.

During the booking process and upon arrival the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. I was late with my booking but the lady who I spoke with tried her hardest to accommodate me and give me the best available pitch.

This is a quiet and relaxing site with no noise (or access) after 10pm. They allow dogs but they must be on a lead at all times while outside and can only be walked off the site. While some people might not like the rules those wanting a stress free, relaxing break most certainly do.

There is a small shop on site with limited stock so come prepared. The shower and toilet block looked new and kept very clean. The general upkeep of the site is very good.

I have been camping and touring for years and in my opinion this is as good as it gets. We will definitely book to come back.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Techlady 1 review from this member

What a find! Absolutely beautiful, beach amazing and Dog friendly. Owners were very helpful and gave us lot’s of advice. Facilities spotless and a base to explore all of Anglesey.

On the beach we found a beach bar serving food and a Teepee which served fabulous gin and wine and local beers. If you have a dog or not this place is a real gem. Will definitely be back with this view.

If you want a relaxing time breathtaking views and happy kids and dogs come here. Then this is a well run campsite We hired a VW to trial and this campsite made our holiday enjoyable

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Pauline edwards 1 review from this member

Fantastic site. Just what we needed for a short break. The facilities were spotlessly clean, the wardens very friendly and helpful.

The pitches were large and well spaced out and the location superb. We will definitely visit again.

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Hollywrths 2 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at Dafarn Rhos in our motorhome. Check-in was smooth and efficient and we were pleased to have a hard standing pitch at the bottom of the first field near the beach gate.

As mentioned by other reviewers, you need a fob to get through the access gates but I was made aware of the £20 cash deposit at the time of booking. General waste bins and recycling facilities were close by and we had the choice of either shower block due to our location on the site.

The shower and toilet facilities were very clean and although the water pressure was not the greatest, the water was hot and not on a timer. I would imagine the shower block gets pretty busy in high season though as there are only 3 showers in the block nearest the camping fields (more by reception).

The walk along the coastal path to Moelfre is stunning (and we were lucky to have sunshine!) and I'd also recommend going in the other direction too as there are numerous lovely beaches that are easy to access and not as busy as the main Lligwy beach.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and didn't find the rules oppressive in the slightest - a well run site in a lovely location!

Date of Visit: July 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sue Paul 70 reviews from this member

Sitewise it’s a great location if you have a car, but remote if like us you have a Motorhome.

You can walk left up the coast or Right to the lovely Moelfre, but that’s it, nothing more.

It’s primarily a Caravan site with its remoteness and has no facility to empty the Grey waste from a motorhome.

Facilities were all good and clean as was the whole site but you felt crushed by the overbearing rules, or we did, it felt like avoiding the School bully.

If you have Dogs they are obsessed with keeping them tied down, no walking around the site with them so they demand you walk them off site, leaving only the lane, the beach car park or the beach, hardly ideal for anybody we felt.

Try a toilet run in the morning with these choices !

We had a terrible pitch, 13 (avoid 12 also) as was by the bins but mainly next to the main road/track on the site, waves of dust filled our van each time a car passed and it felt like Piccadilly Circus despite a so say “quiet site”. When mentioned to a warden it was arms outstretched and “what do you expect me to do about it”, wonderful, not.

The pitch is so small we could only sit out on one side of the van as we were against a fence, to the site track yet our neighbours could use both, this after asking, we found they had booked way later than us (we booked in Feb).

Then we had the “merry” people returning nightly to their vans at night from the Beach bar, all noisily passing our van on this “quiet site”.

As we booked in February, for Five nights to get a pitch as we did, with no help from the staff after the dust complaint I think is pretty poor, future visits here, not a chance.

Friday night we had loud noisy campers nearby and had to wait until 1. 30am for the site owner to shut them up, yes 1. 30am

Saturday night loud music again from somewhere nearby off site but loud enough to keep us awake until late, all on this “quiet site” which we booked for said quietness.

The final straw was Sunday night, again loud live music came from nearby, off site, but still loud enough over the tv drifted in grrrr.

I phoned the site and left a message about 8. 30pm stating I was cross at 3 nights in a row of loud music and saying I was glad I was leaving the site the next morning.

The next morning we returned our gate fob for the £20 deposit, despite the site owner refunding us not a word was said.

The warden came to see us shortly afterwards and apologised which was good and appreciated.

Note to all, check if any festivals are to play locally when you wish to stay as Two of our noisy nights were caused by this, but no advance warning from the site yet it’s an annual event!

For such a lovely location with great access to the Beach we didn’t enjoy our stay here for the reasons above, and so will not return.

The site can reply and say as they wish but the facts are we booked a quiet site and 3 of our 5 nights were ruined due to loud noise.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Kenda 1 review from this member

The site, showers (free) and toilet were kept very clean and tidy at all times, which is very important to myself and my wife. We were allocated a quiet pitch in a field with perhaps 1/2 dozen other units. We had a nice view of the surrounding countryside from our unit.

Campers are issued with a fob for access via the front and rear gates, with a deposit of £20 - we were happy with this system as it kept the site secure from random people coming off the beach and using the facilities, and of course would keep any adventurous children from 'escaping' without their parents' knowledge.

Step outside the rear gate and you are almost on the Lligwy beach, which is beautiful, with plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. Moelfre village is about 45 minutes walk away along the scenic coastal path. There is free parking in Moelfre, a few pubs, restaurants and fish and chip shop.

This is an interesting part of the island, with lovely scenery, tales of famous shipwrecks and the exploits of the local lifeboat crews over the years. All in all we really enjoyed our stay.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Surferjon 10 reviews from this member

Great beach side location, clean wash room, spacious pitches and security conscious owners make this one of those 'return to' sites. Expectations were definitely exceeded.

A 40 minute walk along the coastal path takes you into the pretty village of Moelfre where a decent pint and a bar snack can be enjoyed at the Kinmel Arms

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Fows 1 review from this member

I gave this site a chance due to its location and I am very pleased I did. It is a lovely relaxed, beach camp site with the usual rules, nobody was marching round the site watching your every move!

There were children happily playing and occasionally dogs would bark at the glee of going to the beach which is so lovely and close.

Pitches are very spacious and there is lots of room for playing etc. Security is brilliant and the key fob is necessary otherwise there would be lots of people coming up from the beach to use the facilities.

The toilets and showers are a little dated but definitely do the job. I will be going back to this site again, brilliant find!

Previous     151 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Isle of Anglesey

Win a Buzz Quattro Tilting 4 Bike Carrier Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to £175!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 15th to 18th August, E Yorks
The biggest tribute band music festival in the world! Use promo code “tribukcampsite” to save 10% on Weekend Camping Tickets! ...more