Reviews of Dinas Caravan Park Camping& Glamping

Campsite Search > UK > Wales > Gwynedd > Llanbedr > Dinas Caravan Park Camping& Glamping Reviews

Dinas Caravan Park Camping& Glamping
Dinas
Llanbedr
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL45 2PH

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Open: 01/03/2022 to 30/10/2022

No Horse Riding   No Cycle Hire   Golf <5 miles   No Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   No Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 No Sea Views   Not Working Farm   Campfires Allowed
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport <5 miles  No Dog Walk

Reviews:  45 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: August 2021  Confirmed Booking Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Mature couple
Reviewer: Nigelb 1 review from this member

Loved all of it. Quiet, spacious, beautiful and friendly, relaxed.

Used the fire pit and wood available to buy on site.

So much woodland and streams to wander around.

Date of Visit: August 2020 Unit:  Tent
Nights stayed: 3 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: BigKid 5 reviews from this member

Too short - wished I had planned to stay longer. Us - Dad and his two eldest teenagers (15 and 16) - all in a 3 man dome tent. Most of North Wales campsites where either fully booked, closed or you needed your own "facilities". Nice welcome.

This place is really out the way but that makes it special. However, you can run up to Porthmadog (20 minutes ish) for a big town shop at Tesco. We picked up a cheap bag of ice each day which kept the food chilled and cider cold. In the opposite direction is the London House Stores, Dyffryn Ardudwy which has won awards for its' sausages.

Harlech castle is close by. Numerous walks and great beaches a short drive away. There is the Victoria Inn in LLanbedr a short drive which does food. Pitches have been separated for self isolating.

We took the option for a fire pit, wood sold on site and I even managed to turn it into a pizza oven with tin foil. I used the underneath shelf, a baking tray from my gas cooker, made fresh dough using a bread mix from supermarket just add water and a Sicilian method of baking the base first then adding toppings and cooking. Great bit of fun and getting away from it all. Oh and don't forget marshmallows and sticks to cook them on.

Chocolate dipping sauce - chocolate, double decker bar, crunchie bar mashed up and dash of milk then melted together in a pan by the fire - yummy !

The site sign shows it as a 3 star and facilities are clean but not numerous. However, with near capacity we did not find ourselves queing apart from washing up. Be wary as the site can get midgy so take a decent repellent and wear long sleeves and trousers especially evening times. Mind did not spoil trip.

Only niggle was the static caravans which caused light pollution as when the sky cleared at night the porch lights were very bright. Maybe if they get the porch lights on motion detectors and blackout curtains on the main rooms - you would have an awesome place for sky watching at night.

Though stay was short when cloud cleared at night it was very good and even managed to see two shooting stars.

Date of Visit: June 2018 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Camplass 2 reviews from this member

The location of this site is amazing. It is very peaceful and quiet. The downside is the facilities, they were in need of updating and not particularly clean. However we survived 3 nights here and I wish we could go back to that location but not until the facilities are sorted out.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Fernman 19 reviews from this member

I was encouraged to use this site by all the glowing reviews. Having been there, let me present my alternative opinion.

Firstly, it is up a 3.5 miles single track lane on which you pray you are not going to meet anyone coming the other way. You have to negotiate this every time you go out anywhere, and when you return. There is also a gate at the entrance of the site where you have to stop and get out to open and close it each time.

There are three camping areas. The main one is overlooked by a line of static caravans all down one side, that put me off right away. Each tent pitch has a picnic table and a metal barbecue, consequently you end up using the same bit of ground that other tents before yours have occupied. OK so the site was almost empty when I was there, but I still felt obliged to go in one of the pitches rather than having the freedom to go anywhere at all.

At the bottom of the main area are the 'glampers' - two large bell tents - which are also nearest to the only facilities.

One of the other tent areas is at the top end of the aforementioned main area, where it is a good trek away from the facilities. The other tent area is down a short track at the bottom end of the main area, it is also away from the facilities. Both of these areas are encircled by trees, which makes them feel rather claustrophobic.

What really put me off the site, though, was the fact that there is only one wc and one shower in the mens' washroom. While these are clean, the building itself has seen better days.

All in all, I did not like the site, and I would not return.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Leafletter 27 reviews from this member

Have you ever dreamed of finding the perfect campsite to suit you? We have visited places that seemed to fit the bill and then something spoils it. Well, we've just spent four nights at our perfect campsite, and nothing spoiled it. It's in a stunningly beautiful area lacking the hordes of the Snowdonia honeypots; there is no traffic noise; the facilities are excellent and clean;the friendly welcoming owners have shown much thoughtfulness in many little ways around the site (picnic bench and firepit for every pitch, swings in the trees etc); there is zero tolerance of anti-social behaviour; we didn't need to use the car but could walk to the beach and into the Rhinog mountains from the site past waterfalls and the lovely Cwm Bychan lake and Roman Steps. I could go on (and on) but would only repeat what other reviewers have already said. We shall be returning to Dinas as soon as possible.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: HeleneR 1 review from this member

What a wonderful campsite! I've visited several times and love coming back. The field is pretty flat and every pitch has its own picnic table/bench. Fire-boxes are available for hire and the owner sells well-seasoned logs. (I normally bring my bbq grill and do much of my cooking over the fire). There is not an abundance of showers but I have rarely needed to wait more than a few moments, even during a bank holiday weekend. The water is always piping hot and showers are free. The washing up area has two sinks with equally hot water. For a small donation, ice packs can be frozen in the farmhouse freezer, near which there is also a tumble drier and a payphone. (Don't expect to be able to use your mobile on the site; the signal is non-existent. ) Einir and Gordon, the owners, are very friendly and will make you feel welcome. (Call at the farmhouse when you first arrive. )

The surrounding countryside is beautiful with plenty of walking nearby and clean beaches with stunning views.

If you want lots of buzz, don't come here; this is the perfect place to enjoy being outdoors in relative peace and quiet.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Singingintherain 4 reviews from this member

This is a quiet, family run, family friendly site. The pitches are well spaced and the site is broken up by trees (some with rope swings which my children loved) which provide shelter from the wind in bad weather. The location is ideal for walkers, with footpaths leading off from the site. The beach is a short drive away down twisty narrow lanes, which really make you feel you have escaped from the business of life.

The campsite toilet, shower and washing-up facilities were busy but cleaned several times a day and were well maintained. Phone signal is poor on the site, but a short walk up the hill by the campsite allows you to communicate with the outside world!

We appreciated the option to rent a fire pit for the week.

The owners wre very friendly and helpful and we are looking forward to our next visit!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Sheba66 3 reviews from this member

Just had a couple of days on this beautiful peaceful campsite the location was stunning. The toilet blocks were very clean and the disabled toilet and shower were very good as my wife is disabled as some sites the disabled facilities are not as good because my wife has to step over into the shower. The owner was very helpful even to the extent of charging my wife's mobility scooter battery. We will be recommending to family and friends

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Sulfurlilly 1 review from this member

I stayed at this little gem of a beauty August Bank Holiday last year for 3 days, 2 nights. After driving up the single road, which we passed only one car, which was done easily enough, we arrived at our destination, we had already rang on the day, so had a pitch.

On entering the site we were not disappointed, the views were stunning, the pitches set out around the edges of both upper and lower field, we were on the upper, which I thought was a great way to pitch, no overcrowding. We set about pitching our tent, and once up we went and explored the surrounding areas, the lower field with the stream, sounded very relaxing, up to the Lake, which looked picturesque.

The facilities: mens/womens Toliets/shower block. Clean and stocked with toilet paper, air freshner and toilet brushes, efficient lighting, which at night came on in the toilets itself. The added wetroom/baby changer separate was clean and a welcomed bonus. Everything you need for a 'real' camping experience in my eyes. I even didn't mind the occasional bugs.

There is also cleaning sinks outside, with hot water, washing up liquid and cleaning brushes, which is a good job as I forgot mine, I only waited once to use the sink the whole time I was there.

The owners are very relaxed and friendly, we spoke to them a few times, they brought round wood for the campfire daily, there is nothing better than sitting around at night with the fire going an the general buzz of the camp and fellow campers, plenty enough room for families to let their children play, roam and investigate the surroundings, I especially liked the no music, nice to sit back and relax.

Local amenities are a short drive away, or a nice stroll, depending on where you want to go. There is a spar not far, back onto the main road, which has a butchers in, meat is very reasonable priced an lovely. Barmouth is a short drive(about 20mins) which boast great beaches, and then the other direction is Harlech, with the stunning castle and further onto Porthmadog, with the beautiful habour and train station. Both lovely places to visit.

Overall we had a fantastic visit and will be going back this year. Pricing to camp is very good for what you get.

Possible downside would be the road, if your not used to them, just take it easy.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Loumck 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here with friends in August this year. We all (four adults and a child) had a brilliant time. The campsite feels really away from it all. It is down a very narrow road with few passing places which is a bit scary! The site is beautiful and quiet. My son had a lovely time playing with other children on site and there's lots of space to play. The owners are very friendly and welcoming.

We hired a canoe on the lake and really enjoyed that- 10 for an hour. Also went out exploring. We climbed the Roman Steps for stunning views over the Rhinog range and visited Harlech castle and beach. It's a beautiful area with lots to do.

We also had campfires in the evenings- wood and fire boxes provided on site. A really useful touch was the picnic tables- one for each pitch. There's a really good butchers in Llanbedr for barbecue meat.

Toilets and showers were perfectly adequate- if nothing special. Didn't have to queue.

All in all would thoroughly recommend this site!

Previous     45 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write a Review of this Site to Win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Is Dinas Caravan Park Camping& Glamping child friendly?  YES, it accepts children  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Dinas Caravan Park Camping& Glamping?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Dinas Caravan Park Camping& Glamping dog friendly?  NO  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Llanbedr      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Gwynedd

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally 02/07 to 03/07
An amazing fun weekend for all the family, with camping and caravanning on site from Friday to Monday - Save 15 on tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy and terms and conditions here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2022