Reviews of Camping Les Viviers

Campsite Search > Europe > France > Aquitaine > Gironde > Camping Les Viviers Reviews

Camping Les Viviers
33950
Tel: 00 33 5 56 60 70 04
Visit their website

Open: April To September

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Chemical Disposal   No Battery Charging   No Gas Exchange   No Recycling Facilities
 Shop On Site   Bar On Site   Restaurant On Site   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   Evening Entertainment
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool On Site   Outdoor Pool On Site
 Beach 5 miles   No Watersports   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Harryfirst 1 review from this member

I stayed in a chalet with my 7 year old daughter for one week in August 2014. The chalet was minuscule but it was certainly clean and I had to sign something to say so before I unpacked so if it’s dirty you can complain right at the outset…

The campsite facilities are brilliant – pool with slide, bike hire at the site, a lake with hilarious trampoline constructions in the middle, a little river for kayaking, a private beach – everything you could possibly want is on site - just like Centerparcs really. My daughter speaks French and so loved KidsClub which is free and operates every day except Sunday. The evening animations are the usual cheesy French stuff (Johnny Halliday tribute act last night) but if you can laugh at all that you will have a great time on this campsite.

All in all, a good stay though.

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Milesredhead 4 reviews from this member

I paid my deposit of 110 euro at the time of booking, and then noted the website said the full fee was payable by 01 June, or my reservation would be cancelled and I would lose my deposit. So, foolishly I paid the remaining 338 euros up front on the 28 May.

We travelled to the site on the 14th June and as we headed from Bordeaux to the basin we began to realise how cut off the area is (45 mins to Bordeaux). Nothing but pine forests all the way to the basin.

At the site the reception looked clean and the receptionist spoke English and was very helpful. She took my details and gave me a map of the site, which gave direction to the pitch.

On arrival at the general area we were surprised to find the whole camping area empty. We were the only ones there and it wasn’t the beach front pitch that the website had described, but more edge of muddy estuary with reeds etc.

We couldn’t decipher from the map, which was our pitch, but it didn’t really matter, as they were all available.

As we stood on one of the pitches I felt itchy and on looking at my legs found it to be crawling with ants, as did my wife.

The river behind the pitches looked brown and dirty unlike the image on the website, and the indoor swimming pool also seemed much smaller in real life.

After 2 days travelling my wife was most disappointed and burst into tears.

We decided not to stay and informed the receptionist we would be leaving. I was told I would lose my deposit, and would have to email regarding the balance once home.

I cannot comment on the majority of the facilities at Les Viviers as we didn’t stay long enough, but I would urge others not to go early in the season as it is dead, and do not pay up front as they are now ignoring my emails requesting a refund

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jonellis 7 reviews from this member

Very French campsite no known English people except us
smatering of Dutch peeps.

Great for Teenagers - big water slide, 2 great pools.

Private lagoon/beach with things to jump off. Good for fishing and netting fish fry n crabs

Areas to camp are within the main site or on the sand banks over looking the bay - word of warning here. The wind picksup sometimes and if your in a tent take some sand pegs (wurmi etc) Loos are further away if you get this location and it cost more as well.

Snack food ok, mini island food is better travelling anywhere is hard as its on the penninsula so you have to go far to get anywhere. We realised this when we booked and were happy to do a weeks beach holiday with little visiting of local towns. Saying that Bordeaux is lovely.

Disco each evening which goes quiet at 23.00hrs ish (I think I goes under ground until 3am)

Overall a relaxing site, as it has well behaved kids!

ps pizzas are nice from the Island

Other Sites Near Gironde      Other sites within 30 miles   -   All Sites in Aquitaine

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 16/01 to 19/01, Event City
Over 200 exhibitors with all the new 2020 models and biggest ever selection of accessories. Plus win tickets! ...more