Camping L Escale
15 Route Nationale
Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais (Browse area)
Tel: 0033 03 21 32 00 69
Visit their website
Open: 01/04 To 18/10
| Tent Pitches
|| Caravan Pitches
|| Motorhome Pitches
|| No Glamping Units
| Statics for Hire
|| No Statics on Sale
|| No Seasonal Pitches
|| No Caravan Storage
| Electric Hookups
|| No Hardstandings
|| No Fully Serviced Pitches
|| Show Full Facilities
|Who's it for|
| Families Welcome
|| Not Members Only
|| No Rallies
|| Not Naturist Site
| Dogs Welcome
|| No Dogs Allowed
|| Groups Welcome
|| Motorbikers Welcome
| Toilet Facilities
|| Hot Showers
|| Washing Up
|| No Bathroom
| No Baby Changing
|| Laundry On Site
|| Drinking Water
|| Disabled Friendly
| Chemical Disposal
|| No Battery Charging
|| Gas Exchange
|| No Recycling Facilities
| No Kitchen Facilities
|| No Freezer / Fridge
|| Motorhome Point
| Shop On Site
|| Bar On Site
|| Restaurant On Site
|| Wifi Access
| Kids Playground
|| No TV Room
|| Games Room
|| No Evening Ents
| Fishing 5 miles
|| No Wild Swimming
|| No Indoor Pool
|| No Outdoor Pool
| No Horse Riding
|| No Cycle Hire
|| No Golf
|| No Tennis
| Beach 10 miles
|| Watersports 10 miles
|| No Boat Launch
| No Sea Views
|| Not Working Farm
|| No Campfires Allowed
|| Not Open All Year
| No Waterside Pitches
|| Public Transport
|| No Dog Walk
Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!!
|Take five minutes to win £150 of Amazon vouchers. If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances!|
|Date of Visit: August 2017
||Unit: Touring Caravan
||34 reviews from this member
This is the second time we have used this site in 3 years as an overnight stop before catching the ferry home. The area used for overnighters at the front of the site has now been landscaped with more defined pitches. The showers are now free so no longer require tokens and are kept clean. There is a pleasant bar / bistro on site which also sells fresh bread in the mornings. We had a walk around the village but there isn't anything else in the immediate area. Pleasant enough site for a short stay and serves its purpose for a stopover before travelling into France or returning home. We will use this site again as it is only a 15-20 minute drive to Calais and is not a great detour off route.
|Date of Visit: September 2015
||Unit: Touring Caravan
||16 reviews from this member
This site is new to the ACSI book this year so we decided to try it instead of going to Pommiers de trios Pays at Liques. Reception was closed when we arrived and did not open until the evening so pitches in the site would not have been available had we not found a worker who opened the barrier and showed us to a pitch near the main block.
The site of 10 acres is full of residential mobile homes and there are only a few spaces for touring caravans. Overnighters are put next to the main road and only a few yards from the motorway - it was very noisy! I didn't expect shower tokens and although I had long enough to shower the lights went off before I had finished. For fishermen the lake was very nice but too small for a good walk for the dog. Although surrounded by fields there was no access for dog walking.
There was no bread in the morning as all the tourist facilities had closed on site by late September
I would only recommend this site as an emergency stop - go to Liques or Andres they are much better
|Date of Visit: August 2011
||9 reviews from this member
We have just returned from a lovely, sunny week at Camping L'Escale and would recommend it to caravaners and tenters alike. It is located just of the A16 20 mins away from Calais. Reception is housed in a new whitewashed log cabin (not the one you can see on google-earth !) with the owners living in a beautiful house accessible from the site. The on-site brasserie and bar also boasts a small take away (limited opening hours) where staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The site offers a stop-over grassed area at the front adjacent to the modern toilet block, 2/3 x grassed open(ish) camping areas separated by lovely shrubs with electric and water (where we stayed) plus many grassed and private pitches.
In summary; positive points:
* immaculately clean site
* mature and well thought out landscaping
* quiet site (see negative points for exception)
* can book on line (but can't choose pitch)
* friendly owners who speak English very well
* free tennis and free fishing lake (trout ?)
* mini golf (small fee)
* very clean toilet/shower blocks (font and rear of site)
* Loads of pot washing/clothes hand washing sinks
* small washing machine cabin (rear of site)
* 3 x playgrounds with equipment
* sports field (football and 2 x open air table tennis tables)
* bar, brasserie and takeaway
* small games room with indoor table tennis
* summer - organised activities (aerobics/dancing/'themed parties')
* secure coded barrier - in and out
* lake secured behind electric coded gates - child safety
* noise from resident's children who congregated on the playground (behind our tent !)every night until midnight/half twelve - we were not happycampers
* rear toilet lights were triggered by sensors which didn't work every night so we were using the facilities in the dark for 50% of the week
* take-away operates limited hours - forgiveable as the chap running it was wonderful
* reception has a small shop selling essentials but had limited stock/lines
* owners gave us 17 free tokens for showers (four people staying a week) but we run out quickly and had to buy more
* EHU - Electric connections offer various options for European campers (UK friendly, reverse L&N and various plugs (IP44 and French standard plugs)) - but are not marked and took a while to suss/test for safety
* no toilet rolls in rear toilet block ! (but were present in front stop-over block)
* games room was left in a state al week - my wife wanted to clean it up !. Quad bike left in room for three days (not safe)
* Wimeraux - beautiful seaside resort/beaches - 10 mins drive
* Boulogne - Nausicaa/shopping etc - 20 mins
* Cite-Europ (20 mins away)
* Paris/Disneyland Paris - 2. 5 hours away
* Cote d'Opale shopping centre - 10 mins away
* Le Touquet - Aqua-lud - 30 mins away (via toll road)Great beaches
* Hardelot - 15 mins away - great beaches
Would we visit the site again ?
* absolutely yes but not on the camping area adjacent to the playground - it did sadly spoil our holiday and we had cheek given to us when we politely pointed out it was late and we had children
* not for a week as with a 9 year old and 16 year old we found it difficult to keep them adequately entertained
A hidden gem and definitely worth considering. Tarrifs were reasonable and the service was excellent.
|Date of Visit: July 2008
||Unit: Touring Caravan
||15 reviews from this member
We stayed overnight here after the eurotunnel, quick and very easy to find, well signposted.
Not a lot here really, I wouldn't use it as a holiday site but as an overnight stop it was fine.
The downside for us was having paid for our pitch, finding we had to pay extra for showers and the office was shut so no token=no shower.
If you book this site thinking you'll arrive after 5, have a shower, bed down, get started afresh in the morning then forget the shower! It wont happen :(
All things considered it was ok but sorry, for 30 euros for an overnight stop and no extras at all I do expect a shower thrown in!
|Date of Visit: June 2007
||3 reviews from this member
Used this site as an overnight stop. They speak good english and were very helpful. The grass pitches were flat and well maintained, the toilets spotless. The restraunt was only open at weekends so we were unable yo use but looked good. The site has a lot of static caravans but the touring area is seperate. Recomended
Write a Site Review to Win a £150 Amazon Voucher!
Write a review of this campsite and you could win £150 of Amazon vouchers. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win! Leave as many as you can for more chances!
Other Sites Near Wacquinghen Other sites within 30 miles - All Sites in Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais
|Latest News, Discounts and Competitions see all...
|Follow us on Facebook!
||You can now follow UKCampsite.co.uk on Facebook! Keep abreast of the latest news and updates much more easily. Simply click here then click on the Like button!
All reviews and comments are the personal opinion of the review author only , and as such do not represent the view of the UK Camp Site.co.uk.
The facilities shown on this website are a guide only, and you should check with the campsite direct before making any booking. The UKCampsite.co.uk will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions