Reviews of Camping Les Epinettes

Campsite Search > Europe > France > Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais > Peuplingues > Camping Les Epinettes Reviews

Camping Les Epinettes
Impasse Du Mont Pinet
Peuplingues
Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais   (Browse area)
62231
Tel: 0033 321 852139
Visit their website

Open: 01/04 To 01/11

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 No Kitchen Facilities   No Freezer / Fridge    Motorhome Point
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Kids Playground   No TV Room   Games Room   No Evening Ents
 Fishing <5 miles   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   No Boat Launch
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   No Dog Walk

Reviews:  21 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Michael and Gill 1 review from this member

What a pretty site, clean and welcoming. A short easy drive from the tunnel and excellent for a night stop.

We emailed the site a few days before and arrived at dusk (3 hour delay with the tunnel that day) to find our pitch with a reserved sign with our name on it.

Will use again without hesitation. M and G.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Retired couple
Reviewer: Ina 25 reviews from this member

We've used this site for about 4 years now, all for 1 night on arrival in France and again on the last night before departure to the UK. There are a lot of statics/seasonal tourers, but plenty of touring pitches. It's only about 6 or 7 miles from the tunnel, so very convenient.

Some pitches are drive-through, so easy to get on and off again. Toiletblocks (2) are clean with paper provided, showers are 1 Euro and tokens are from reception. Reception is only open limited times, 9-930am and 6-6. 30pm.

If on arrival it is closed, then you just pick any pitch and pay in the morning. Reserving a pitch would be recommended in peak season; I've reserved for the end of August just in case, but in the event the site wasn't full.

Reservation can be done via the website, and doesn't cost anything. On arrival there will be a reserved sign on a pitch with your name on it.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan
Reviewer: JCamping 7 reviews from this member

We have stayed here a number of times as it is a great site. We use this instead of staying at more expensive sites in Folkestone then having to wake early to catch the Eurotunnel.

We've always reserved a pitch so we know where we're pitching if no one in the office. The facilities are always clean and the pitches good. You can order bread the night before and the shop sells some very nice local beer.

The gates are always open so you can leave whenever if you need to catch an early train/ferry.

The beach and village of Wissant are lovely and very nice cafes

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Nights stayed: 1 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Ossiholgi 1 review from this member

Campsite nearby the Calais - Dover ferry, so very much useful for a short stay when going to England by ferry or when coming back to the Continent.

Helpful staff, good, clean facilities and reasonably priced.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Patricia118 1 review from this member

I had stayed on this site several years ago and vaguely remembered where it was. However, I think the owner has changed since then. It used to be quite cheap for an overnight stay but this year I had to pay 15€ for one night for one person which I thought was quite expensive.

The night before I had paid €8 for a more superior location. I had communicated by email with a lady and told her I was coming but did not see anyone when I arrived. Some English people in a caravan suggested where I might pitch and I found a good pitch with no need for blocks.

I use my own facilities so I cannot comment on the condition on those on the site but everywhere was tidy and well kept. As no-one was about in the morning and I had to leave early for the train, I posted a euro cheque through their door letter box - very unusual and the first I have ever seen in France.

When I visited years' ago they were open all year but their present website does not indicate this so I have just emailed to confirm that I can stay there in January. Lovely quiet site but could not see anywhere to eat as it is a very small village.

The ratings below are very subjective as I did not even enter the facilities nor look at child friendliness.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Longtimecaravaner 27 reviews from this member

There is easy access at the end of a no through road and that ensures there is no road noise, although I was aware of a humming from some equipment somewhere but not enough to be a nuisance.

The site is immaculately kept and the toilets were clean and with seats and paper. The site is divided into two with chalets on one side and tourers and tourers left permanently in situ on the other.

Our pitch was a bit narrow but long enough that we didn't need to unhitch our 7. 5 metres van for our overnight stop. In June the site office was open from 9 to 9. 30 and 6 to 6. 30 in the evening so you just chose your pitch on arrival.

I recommend this site for overnight to and from Calais and it would be good for a longer stay. It was E14 for the night for two people with electric and E1 token for a shower.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Shelleybobs 2 reviews from this member

We booked this site after finding it on ukcampsite. I emailed the owners well in advance asking if we could book for 3 nights and asking how much it would be for us with our caravan and 3 children. I received a very polite and extremely quick reply from the owner saying that was ok and giving information requested. I then replied asking how we paid a deposit and the reply (very quick again) was that there was no need, just to confirm booking closer to the time. So far so good on first impressions.

Confirmed booking about a month before travel myself and then the owner asked for a quick confirmation about 10 days before arrival.

The site was very easy to find and there were signs from the village directing us there. There is a nice little bakery in the village, can't comment on anything else as we didn't really explore the village. In fantastic close proximity to Euro Tunnel, a large Auchen, Buffalo Grill, Flunch, Cité L'Europe with its large Carrefour supermarket and other things. We had a lovely meal in the food court there albeit quite expensive. If you don't take the A16 to Cité L'Europe and go the road way, you can go over a bridge and watch where the Euro Tunnel goes in and out. We parked up and walked to the bridge, the kids (and us) found it amazing.

Back to the site. First impressions were great. A lovely quiet, well maintained site with permanent pitches and tourers. Also a tenting area. Although there were some tents on pitches too. I'm assuming it was the owner we were greeted by, a very friendly man who asked my name and immediately remembered the booking and directed us to our pitch that he had reserved for us. He said if we wanted to choose somewhere else it was fine but where he had reserved was great.

As we pitched we did find that the caravan did take some levelling up but I do think that we have been spoilt in our relatively short caravanning experience (2 years) with flat pitches ( Apart from caravanning on the hill at Chatsworth annually but that's another story). However. We didn't mind, we saw it as a learning experience. Pitch size was fine, plenty of room for everything needed.

Toilet and shower block was kept very clean throughout our stay and toilet rolls were filled up regularly. You have to pay for a hot shower in reception and get at token. I believe these are 1 Euro. I used our own shower so can't comment on them. Washing up facilities were ok too. Push button for hot water was a bit annoying but ho hum, you can't criticise the owners for that. I would probably do something like that if I owned a site to stop wasteful use of hot water and save money.

The children's playground was a nice touch, basic but nice. We were out and about quite a lot so the children didn't use it much.

Free wifi at the site but you really needed to be in or near the 'hut' to access it. This wasn't a problem at all!

The owner was forever keeping the site clean and tidy, cutting hedges, sweeping, cutting grass etc etc. It is very clear how proud he is of his site.

Epinettes is a little gem of a site and we will be returning next year all being well.

Price for Tourer and family of 5 was 20 Euro per night so just over £16.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Cafe.racer.kev 4 reviews from this member

We used this site for one night before catching the ferry in Calais. The site was full by about 4. 00pm.

We received a warm welcome from the owner. He opened the office although it was outside the normal opening hours and booked us in. The cost was reasonable.

The pitch was fairly flat but some pitches were slightly sloping. The pitches were as far as I could see all grass and in good condition. The toilets and showers were modern and very clean.

The site is close to Calais and also to the hypermarket.

I would definitely use the site again.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Tony + Marg 43 reviews from this member

As has previously been mentioned this is a very neat and well kept side with hedges between the pitches giving a good send of privacy. We used the site as a stop over before catching an early ferry. The facilities are clean warm and plenty of hot water and you need a token needed for the shower.

At the time of our visit at the end of October, there were road works between the Autoroute and the site and I was a bit concerned to follow the diversion as it looked like it was taking us down a little narrow track and with a 9m Tag axle I didn't fancy getting stuck. A very helpful local confirmed it would be OK and very kindly took us to the entrance of the site!

On Arrival the office was open and the owner was busy tidying the vegetation and said we could pick any plot we wanted, so I picked one which was level and I could drive straight in and then out of.

The weather overnight was horrendous with a howling gale and torrential rain and even though the site is relatively sheltered the motorhome rocked in the wind it was that bad.

The heavy rain meant the ground on the grass pitch had softened and I struggled to get the vehicle off the pitch early in the morning and onto the service road. The gate was open so we got to the port in time for a very lively ferry crossing.

This is a nice site ideally situated close to the port and I will be back, but I will try and face downhill next time if there is any rain forecast.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Vitessedriver 9 reviews from this member

Needed a site handy for the port and the return home. Arrived Sunday mid afternoon. Called the number on the office wall, and were advised to choose where we liked and that the office would be open from six pm for one hour. Pitches are slightly smaller that is usual in France, but very well kept and individually hedged round. Two ablution blocks, plenty of hot water for basins and sinks. Shower by token. Generally a great site and good value but a bit tricky I would think for a big 4x4 and double axle caravan as the turn-in, off the road is quite narrow.

Previous     21 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Is Camping Les Epinettes child friendly?  YES, it accepts children & has a playground  View all facilities

Where is the nearest shop to Camping Les Epinettes?  There is a shop within 5 miles  View all facilities

Is Camping Les Epinettes dog friendly?  YES  View all facilities

Other Sites Near Peuplingues      Other sites within 30 miles   -   All Sites in Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend 09/10 to 11/10
A three day concert dedicated to the sounds of the Swinging Sixties set in Looe in Cornwall. Weekend Camping Available ...more