Visitor Reviews - Cross Farm Adults Only Site

Campsite Search > UK > England > Central > Staffordshire > Burton Upon Trent > Cross Farm Adults Only Site Reviews

Cross Farm Adults Only Site

Adults Only   Not Members Only   No Rallies   Not Naturist Site
 Shop <1 mile   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   No Wifi Access
 Fishing On Site   No Wild Swimming   No Indoor Pool   No Outdoor Pool
 No Sea Views   Working Farm   No Campfires Allowed   Open All Year
 No Waterside Pitches   Public Transport   Offroad Dog Walk On Site or Direct Access

Reviews:  29 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10

Date of Visit: August 2019 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Nights stayed: 2 Travelling as:  Family with older children
Reviewer: Cbretton 1 review from this member

Great site on the edge of town. Adult site only (mine were 23 and 20!). Bus route close by (beers are tempting in this excellent brewing town!). Taxi fare back £6-7 Exceptionally clean site, quiet, plenty of room.

Excellent shower / toilet block, well tended. Water points and electricity if you need it. Ideal for us, but that is it in terms of amenities. Shops are some way away, so stock up.

Tents were £15 per night. There is security in terms of automatic barriers at the entrance (you need a number to key in). A warden is on site and when arriving, ring the mobile number shown. The system worked well. If in the area again, I would happily come back here.

Date of Visit: April 2019 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Nights stayed: 5 Travelling as:  Solo traveller
Reviewer: Madhavi 1 review from this member

What a wonderful site and friendly people, the owner David and site manager Bill made me feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble! Facilities basic but clean, warm and tidy and so peaceful with lots of robins, ducks and variation of birds on feeders, what more can you ask for £12 pn.

No one pesters you and within walking distance for pubs and shops and good field on site for dog run. I can definitely recommend this site as a single traveller with 2dogs who doesn’t want children spoiling my peace and tranquillity.

Date of Visit: December 2018 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: DJMotorhomer 40 reviews from this member

2 night stay

An unadopted road leads to the campsite with many potholes.

2 parts to the campsite, one part a CL for the CMC the other a standard campsite. Due to limited hsrdstanding pitches we pitched in the campsite.

Amenities were fair but the chemical disposal was poor.

What looked like a dustbin was marked for toilet waste. On opening is was 99% full luckily it took our waste but I pity the next user as obviously blocked.

£15 a night with electric.

Date of Visit: August 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Huskamutts on tour 1 review from this member

Lovely place, warm welcome by the owner, only stayed two nights as this was our first time camping with the dogs. Huge dog walking field, although unless your dog has good recall I wouldn't let them off as there is cattle or horses one side of the large hedge.

Ours stayed on the extending leads. Showers and toilets were clean and tidy with plenty of space. Site is close to local shops (coop and post office, ) and two great pubs, and small woods to walk round in the main village.

Jinny trail is a nice walk and leads down to the Jinny inn pub. It threw it down with rain on the Sunday but the site didn't get too muddy. Wonderful for the price! Great little quiet site.

Highly recommend!

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Campcritic 4 reviews from this member

Having read some of the previous reviews I was looking forward to our 2 day stay here as we were going to a friends bbq in nearby Stretton.

In some respects the reviews were correct as everyone was friendly and Dave the farmer was very helpful. I was expecting a slopping site and that is what we got except we found a flat area on hard standing close to water and power which was great.

However the facilities were basic and a little tired. The access itself is not well signed and the drive is narrow and bumpy for a larger unit. Once onto the site there is no designated pitches and it is a bit of a free for all to find an area close to electric as well trying to a Flatish area to parkup.

Tractor tyres full of weeds surround the electric points which don't look good unless you plant them up and they give a run down look to the site. The wash rooms are inside a brick building which look ok from the outside but once inside the facilities are looking tired. There was no hot water in the sinks when we were there but the showers were OK, just run down. The pot wash wash had lots of hot water but again were basic.

There were several caravans that looked like permanent settlements and the children's area consisted of a very old plastic play house and a slide that looked a little dodgy to me. We never saw any kids on them.

At the bottom of the site behind a rusting digger there is a large pond with a boat in it but it is not inviting and not fenced off so could be an issue if you have youngsters, however there is a life ring which is good.

At the top of the site there is a flat, separated area that is designated for The Caravan Club members only which is slightly better and I would recommend any CC members to use this if you were coming to Cross Farm in future.

There is a golf club just over the rear hedges so if you are into this sport it is not far to go for a game. Rollerston has a nice pub called the jinnie but we never went there but Trip Advisor gives it 4 / 5

Bearing all that in mind vs the £12 per night fee which includes water, electric, open space, quiet location near a village with a nice pub, golf course, and walks I will leave you to judge whether you book in or not. I would if we were in the area but on the CC part.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Daisydare 2 reviews from this member

Just back from a four night stay at this delightful site, and to be totally honest up there with the best campsites. Very quiee and peaceful.

Cracking bloke the farmer. Dave. Very sociable but doesn't intrude but usually around if needed. Also on site wardens, again very helpful and friendly (thank you for your help with my chemical loo, I had never had to empty this my self other half usually does it but he wasn't around this time and I struggled to get it back in but warden very kindly did it)

Excellent facilities, huge disabled / family wet room with shower, loo and hand basin. In the ladies were showers/wet room.

However one of the things that impressed me the most was the other private cubicles, with hand basin and large mirror. For those times when a quick wash is needed. No more brushing your teeth ect in full view of others, brilliant Also on site washing machine and drier at a cost this was our first visit But wont be our last.

All for a bargain price

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Welche2 1 review from this member

Great little campsite near burton on trent. 2 miles from the town centre but so quiet that you can hear the birds sing in the morning.

Owner is great and helpful, ask any question and he will answer it and now there is a site warden there to help you out, and give you advice where to pitch your tent or caravan, and pay the warden if the owner is not around.

New this year is the paddock which is a caravan club site ,separate to the normal campsite.

I stayed in a tent so had to stay on the normal campsite at the top of the field.

There is a carp pond which you can fish included in the price of my stay. Oner says plans are in hand to extend it in the future.

Toilets and showers was clean and tidy in one block. Mens and ladys with also a family room.

Water and electric near where you pitch. Electric was included in the price of my pitch. Loads of water points on site as well even a new washing machine and dryer under cover next to the dish washing sinks area.

Loveley views over looking the town of burton and at night you can see the sutton coalfield tv mast 30 miles way.

Does get busy at weekends due to Alton Towers not that far away.

Def be back in the future.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: David Marsh 1 review from this member

Well what a treasure. I've been caravanning and motor homing for over forty years all over our fair isles and overseas.

Cross farm is a belter.

I have relatives in the area and rather just come down in the car from North Lancashire and have a quick visit decided to bring the motorhome and stay for a day or three. We looked for a site online and after reading the reviews of Cross Farm decided to come and stay here for the duration.

We arrived on Saturday and was welcomed as if we were old friends. Well, we are old but friends. That's summat to be worked at. But believe me the site is a cracker.

Although my children are well and truly gone and flew the nest many years ago it was just fantastic to see folks either in tents or caravans/motorhomes with young children having family time. Children have a swing, slide and other child friendly things to keep them happy and all within sight of their parents. Really brought back home to me what this camping is all about, families.

We ventured out and there are really suitable places to visit nearby that are just the ticket.

I could go on. It's a lovely lovely spot.

Value for money? I should say so. Really good facilities, clean and plenty of hot water. If you're that way inclined to do your washing up using the sites facilities I honestly don't thing you will find better. In the washrooms the toilets are good and showers are as good as you get anywhere with a constant supply of hot water.

The electric supply and water taps are numerous and me water pipes and taps are about to be fitted to supply all the new 'vans where you can hook up both to the water and electricity.

There's a washing machine and also a tumble dryer should you run out of clean clothes. What more could you ask for. The views are fantastic.

It's so good I'm staying longer than anticipated and you can be sure I'll be back.

Well done to all concerned, especially Dave and his crew.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: REBELDOG 6 reviews from this member

A really pleasant site

One LGE field and yes you can see there is work going on to make the site clean and tidy

There is a toilet block with showers etc clean and tidy

A very good location for the area should you want to visit the larger towns etc

The village has a couple of pubs and small shop

The owner is more than helpful

Would I visit again ?

Reviewer: ArranMurphy 1 review from this member

Me and a group of friends have camped at this site before due to our parents being regular visitors and they have stayed before themselves at multiple different times. The first time we went a friend had organized everything and we stayed in a trailer tent and this time I organized it and we stayed in a large tent. Once we arrived the manager came down within an hour and collected the money. The manager was very friendly and asked if we needed anything or any help setting up or throughout the day. We then saw the manager in the morning who came over for a chat and made sure we were ok. The campsite itself is a nice quiet area and the facilities are great. There are separate toilets for male and female and both have 2 showers in along with a family room with disabled access with a toilet and shower in. We all enjoyed our time and the local campers were also very friendly. We had no trouble what so ever and will definitely be camping there again. The price cannot be beaten and no membership is needed. Thanks a lot :)

Previous     29 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Other Sites Near Burton Upon Trent      Other sites within 10 miles   -   All Sites in Staffordshire

Win Kids Camping Essentials worth £100! Win a BUZZ RACK Buzzpro Towball Platform

UKCS Meet Shackerstone Family Festival 31/08 to 01/09, Leicestershire
Includes arena entertainment, vintage cars, canal boats, planes, railways and much more! EXCLUSIVE Discounted weekend camping tickets ...more